News:

To the "allies," if you aren't complicit in my crimes then you are complicit in theirs.

Main Menu

Oh well. *Personal Shit*

Started by Salty, September 27, 2013, 11:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

*long sigh*

I don't share every single detail about my shit, anymore.

But I don't have anywhere else to vent about this that matters. I have started this thread many times, but stop short every time because I know what it is I should do. I know what you will say, PD.

I should absolutely divorce my wife. Some of you may have seen my FB post.

My wife is emotionally and verbally abusive toward me. Any time she feels overwhelmingly insecure or is very drunk. She hurts me intentionally. She eventually apologizes, promises to never do it again.

You know me a lot better than most people in my life. It must seem strange that I would put up with this. I have begged her to go find a therapist. She just gives me excuses.

When she's not like that toward me she is the best, I love this woman real hard. But that's not good enough. I posted these facts on FB and tagged her.

I figure public shaming would do what my pleading could not. I don't have much hope.

There was something else....I can't remember.

How did this happen?

This is hands down the worst birthday of my.life. Not only does she have nothing for me, no plans, no gifts (which I could give a fuck about), but she did it last night. I went to bed at 5am and have been wandering around town all day.

Yeah.

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Shit, man, that's every kind of bad.

Pope Pixie Pickle

seriously, separate until she gets therapy. set boundaries.

Junkenstein

Well, fuck. I'll leave this to those more familiar with the situation, but if you need an ear, give me a shout man.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Salty

You know, I feel better for having finally said something. I've been holding it in for so long.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

I don't have anything to say that you don't already know so *hugs* and <3. You deserve better.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Nephew Twiddleton

Best of luck one way or the other man. You dont need that sort of shit in your life. I hope she pulls it together.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Ben Shapiro

Do that THING she hates you for. When she finally snaps; yell out "THIS IS HOW I FEEL EVERYTIME YOU BELITTLE ME CUNT". My wife did this to me recently when I was being a giant asshole. I have a similar  problem as your wife.

Salty

The Johnny

Quote from: Pixie on September 27, 2013, 11:30:24 PM

This. Actually going to therapy or couples therapy means she is committed to stop the abusive behaviour, otherwise shes just like "LOL, its ok to continue doing this because i apologized".
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Ben Shapiro

Alty do the separation thing if you're convinced she doesn't care about you.

Kai

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: The Johnny on September 27, 2013, 11:47:04 PM
Quote from: Pixie on September 27, 2013, 11:30:24 PM

This. Actually going to therapy or couples therapy means she is committed to stop the abusive behaviour, otherwise shes just like "LOL, its ok to continue doing this because i apologized".

Yea, it's recommended that folks in abusive relationships do not enter therapy as a couple unless the abuser is getting treatment.

Salty

She has an appointment with somebody. A friend of.mine who just got her M.S. in Psychology.

I hope it helps, but this is going to run deep. I don't want anything to do with her.

I don't know why I'm still trying.

Pæs

Fuck man, sorry to hear that.

Others have better advice than I, and it seems like you're getting on top of what's healthiest for you.

PD spags are here if you need to just blast hysterical capital letters into the interwebs.