News:

CAN'T A BROTHER GET A LITTLE PEACE?

Main Menu

no good title.

Started by agent compassion, December 11, 2004, 05:34:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

While I like the DKs as much as the next guy, I gotta say that Jello is just about the most annoying son of a bitch who ever lived. I saw him twice: once in a spoken word performance, once when he went on tour with Ministry and just stood on the stage for most of the show, alternately sucking his thumb and giving the "heil, Hitler!" salute to the american flag...both times, he was annoying and I wanted to slap him silly...but you get cut a lot of slack when you're responsible for Holiday in Cambodia...not to mention the brief but stellar career of  Wesley Willis....

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

agent compassion

QuoteWhile I like the DKs as much as the next guy, I gotta say that Jello is just about the most annoying son of a bitch who ever lived. I saw him twice: once in a spoken word performance, once when he went on tour with Ministry and just stood on the stage for most of the show, alternately sucking his thumb and giving the "heil, Hitler!" salute to the american flag...both times, he was annoying and I wanted to slap him silly...but you get cut a lot of slack when you're responsible for Holiday in Cambodia...not to mention the brief but stellar career of Wesley Willis....

Not having ever heard Jello myself, I have no idea. But if HE is responsible for inflicting Wesley Willis onto the population's ears....

Anyway, I think there's a surplus of annoying SOBs in this country. Just look at Dr. Phil's audience.

8)

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

East Coast Hustle

it's different....Jello annoys me because his views and politics are similar enough to mine that he could use his realtive fame and name recognition for useful ends, but instead he comes off as one of those idiots that makes people who might have otherwise been swayed to my way of thinking instead think that anyone who thinks like that must be a total retard, not just Jello...it's the same way I feel about Michael Moore...or High Times...they're suppressing valid ideas by being so ridiculous and overbearing that it's hard to take anything they stand for seriously...

8)

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Horab Fibslager

i just figure that any band that is in decade old or whatever lawsuit with itself gets no respect outside their music. DK r0x0rz! but the band members can take off.
Hell is other people.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Yeah. Jello has lost it. I saw him speak once and it was actually pretty fuckin funny, but he was a clown.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

agent compassion

Quoteit's different....Jello annoys me because his views and politics are similar enough to mine that he could use his realtive fame and name recognition for useful ends, but instead he comes off as one of those idiots that makes people who might have otherwise been swayed to my way of thinking instead think that anyone who thinks like that must be a total retard, not just Jello...it's the same way I feel about Michael Moore...or High Times...they're suppressing valid ideas by being so ridiculous and overbearing that it's hard to take anything they stand for seriously...

That's a really good point. I've had the same problem with Michael Moore on and off. Sometimes I think he's very smart and then other times I think "God, what a tool!" Of course Moore is an entertainer first and foremost and I think that winning the Oscar ruined him; he got a taste of the limelight and now will do/say whatever he can to get more. Even though some stuff he says is true and intelligent, it just sits poorly now. I lost so much respect for him when he endorsed Wesley Clark because of WHY he did it - after making TWO movies that condemned the war machine, he then endorses a man who was a large part of it. After condemning the Iraq war, he endorses a man who supported the Iraq war, and I thought, "Whatever....obviously principles don't mean as much as ticket sales."
He tends to throw his principles aside when he has a chance to get some attention. Still a good filmmaker though, but I have a real problem when people take his word as gospel. I think, you know, the point of opening someone's mind is so that they may think freely for themselves, not simply AGREE WITH YOU!

'I'll take you out for a meal with Mr. and Mrs. Pain, order up some violent quiche. Do you want some?' - ++++++ Moon

Cain

I've had that problem with Moore too, you know he has good ideas but you have to tarnish yourself with the rest of them too, and so you end up looking abit stupid.  Its almost like there is a giant conspiracy to make sure Bush looks good by promoting these people as his attackers.

East Coast Hustle

whaddaya mean "almost"?

8)