News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

Church of the New Apostate

Started by Richter, October 03, 2013, 02:02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Richter

The New Sacraments:

1.  Call the Bullshit Bullshit-  It's not edgy, it's not cute, it's not a political ideology, and it is not politically correct.  It is the bullshit.  If you're not sure what I'm talking about look around until you see it.  You'll know it when you do.  Hell, why do you expect me to point it out?

2.  The folly of the like- Any idea you brainlessly agree with, +1, "Like", or re-tweet you have just FUCKED.  You, with a eprfectly functioning and reasoning brain, have not even deigned to digest and shit it our again in a different form.  Sure, you've "Boosted the signal"  congratulations, you're better than paid advertising, but worth less.  If you can both to appreciate an idea, you can both to riff off of it to help it grow.

3.  Make up your own damn mind - The list is never complete, the list is never pre - personalized.  Tell other what you find good, and listen to what they like.  Heck, if a wank at 6AM works for Johnny Parent's Basement, it MIGHT work for you too.  Disregarding it out of hand because of the source is a logical fallacy.  No one is ever totally wrong, or totally infallible.  That's life wear a hat.

Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Q. G. Pennyworth

The Good Reverend Roger

"And in the 10th year, there was the schism.  The Great House was split in twain.  To the left was The Great Autistic Horde, Those Who Lurk.  To the right were the followers of the Holy Triune, the Apostles of Stress, Rage, and Ham.  The Apostles did lay about, and the Horde was defeated.  The Horde did not notice their great defeat, as they were AFK, but defeated they were.  And The City was burned, and all that was left was a low stone wall with the scorched emblem of a golden apple, the last mark of a defeated Goddess."
- Ars Richteria 2:15
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

4.  To interact is Human.  To passively observe is fungi.

5.  It is written:  You will not like everyone who has something worthwhile to say.  For the medium is not the message, and many great ideas are lost because they are proposed by unlikeable people.

6.  The End Times are not upon us; they happened years ago.  All that is left is the Triune:  Stress, Rage, and Ham.

7.  The Ham God does not accept excuses.  The Stress God will not even listen to your excuses.  The Rage God is busy.  Go tell someone who cares.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

"Help us, O Lords, to sharpen ourselves.  Teach us to put an edge on our craniums, so that we may 'kiss' thy foes.  Lead us not into apathy, but fill us with burning WRATH.  Ham feeds us, Stress wakes us, Rage sustains us.  Shall we not emerge from the hills, sweeping all before us?  Shall we not thump the nonbeliever?  Lo, the time of REVENGE is upon us, and the albino javalina has been seen as far afield as Benson."
- Ars Richteria

Richter

8. Faith got worn out by the Sunday morning crowd.  It no longer counts.  Acts or gtfo.

LMNO

3:1 And a rider did approach, and the air grew bright as stars, and lo, the rider did have a coat made of thousands of sequins; and the rider did call out, a mighty roar; and the rider did say "HEY, GURL!"

3:2 And the many Lurkers did tremble, and the ground shook; for the bass was mighty as it dropped.

3:3 And the rider did call out "YOU BETTER WORK." And he did make the divine booty clap; and he drank the vodka; and did not heed Last Call.

3:4 This was the beginning of the Times; and the Times were called SATURDAY NIGHT.

-The Book of Fabulous

The Good Reverend Roger

"Implicit in the design of any prison is the method by which to escape that prison."
- Ars Richteria, 4:76

"Innocence is not 'good'.  Innocence is the state of having never been tested."
- The Tucson Codex, 2:24

LMNO

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 03, 2013, 03:14:27 PM
"Innocence is not 'good'.  Innocence is the state of having never been tested."
- The Tucson Codex, 2:24

Ooh, I like that one.

Q. G. Pennyworth

And one of the unwashed masses spoke, saying
"But I am afraid! My contributions may not be valuable,
or I may accidentally undermine the OP in my ignorance!"
And Richter said unto the unwashed masses:
SO THE FUCK WHAT?

The Good Reverend Roger

9.  You cannot run from yourself, because the legs you are running with are part of what you're trying to escape.

10.  You can fake the data all you like; at some point your hypothesis will meet up with the universe, which cares nothing for your deeply held beliefs.  Nor will it care to whom you assign blame.

11.  Correllation does not imply causation; correllation merely implies that two or more things are associated by something, which may include random factors.

12.  An obvious assignable cause is probably wrong.

The Good Reverend Roger

13.  You can't argue with a blown fuse.

14.  It is what it is; this does not imply that it is what it appears to be.

LMNO

These are fantastic.

Better than the memebombs, in fact. You can't dismiss them using "clever wordplay" arguments.

The Good Reverend Roger

"To staple scientific-sounding terms on non-scientific words or activities does not lend science to your endeavor, but it may attract gullible fools with money that refuses to stick to their own hands.  'Quantum Healing', for example, is nothing more than the means of transferring money from the stupid to the wicked.  This begs the question:  Which is more evil?  The degradation of science, or the bilking of fools?"
- The Tucson Codex, 4:11