News:

Heaven is a sausage party.

Main Menu

Church of the New Apostate

Started by Richter, October 03, 2013, 02:02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

"Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they aren't paranoid, too.  Is it not written: The entire world operates on ancient butthurt and paranoia?  Watch thy back, trust nobody, sleep with one eye open."
- The Tucson Codex 5:32
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Richter

The wages of sin are pretty damn awesome.  The hangover and fallout of sin suck ass.  Watch out for that.
-What we learned by getting Murphy Drunk, chapter 6, line 4

Rage is like fucking a lion.  Don't be shocked when everyone else lion-fucks back at you.  Get ready to sort out a room of VERY pissed off cats too.  Is there a point?  Yes - Make sure you've got a suitable lion and a proper audience so you don't have to flee the country or get a lawyer.
-What we Learned by Getting Murphy drunk, chapter 2, line 22
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Richter

Quote from: V3X on October 03, 2013, 07:43:21 PM
"When the State puts so much time and effort into looking out for criminals, it'd be a terrible waste not to give them what they want. The same goes for churches looking for sinners, and beggars looking for spare change."

If special Agent Bravo's job is to find some criminals, he KNOWS his next paycheck doesn't hinge on saying "The people obeyed the law".  Hell, Torquemada figured out this shit. 

Will there always be lawbreakers?  Sure.  Does there need to be enforcement?  At some level, concievably, yes.  Can people in jobs get wires crossed and go from mindful to dogmatic?  All the damn time.
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Richter

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 03, 2013, 05:45:12 PM
The degredation of Science is an unforgivable sin.

That is, if "sin" exists.

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 03, 2013, 05:48:47 PM
"Sin is the state in which a person exists, if he/she takes extra time out of his/her day to dump on the undeserving in some fashion.  To claim that sin doesn't exist is to say that the strong commit no wrong when they victimize the weak."
- Ars Richteria, 3:22

"Your sins, like your sacraments, will not be your neighbor's.  Knocking your neighbor's wife up isn't a loophole in this slappy.  Everybody fucks up, but puttign energy into it willingly is jsut WRONG."
- Ars Richteria, post it note that fell out when the cat knocked it over.

Richter

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 03, 2013, 09:21:37 PM
"Speed limits are for the unworthy, blunt objects for the unclean.  Dance floors are for the Devine."
- The Book of Fabulous 10:17

(see wut I did thar?)

"Those color changing dance floors?  NEVER slam dance on them.  They break.  Just sayin'"
- What we learned by gettign Muprhy Drunk, chapter 8, line 2

The Good Reverend Roger

"One day, Richter was walking through The City of Hills, when he came upon a monk.  The monk accosted Richter, saying unto him "All of reality is illusion".  So Richter hit him with a bar stool.

The next day, Richter was again walking, and was accosted by an anarchist, saying unto Richter, "All property is theft".  Richter then stole his wallet.

If Richter meets a man with no shoes, he shall take them from him.  If he meets a man who has shoes, he shall give them to him. 

I felt bad because I had no shoes, so Richter cut my feet off.  I felt bad because I had no feet, so Richter ran me over with his car.

It can always get worse."

Ars Richteria 2:19-21

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 04, 2013, 05:01:01 PM
"One day, Richter was walking through The City of Hills, when he came upon a monk.  The monk accosted Richter, saying unto him "All of reality is illusion".  So Richter hit him with a bar stool.

The next day, Richter was again walking, and was accosted by an anarchist, saying unto Richter, "All property is theft".  Richter then stole his wallet.

If Richter meets a man with no shoes, he shall take them from him.  If he meets a man who has shoes, he shall give them to him. 

I felt bad because I had no shoes, so Richter cut my feet off.  I felt bad because I had no feet, so Richter ran me over with his car.

:mittens:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Can I throw this in the margins on Holy Nonsense? I'm stripping out the questionable use stuff and I have soooooooo many gaps.

ALSO THIS IS AMAZING.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 04, 2013, 09:40:58 PM

Can I throw this in the margins on Holy Nonsense? I'm stripping out the questionable use stuff and I have soooooooo many gaps.

ALSO THIS IS AMAZING.

If Richter has no problem with it, I have no problem with it.

Q. G. Pennyworth

I lied, it's taking up a whole page:

(pending approval for publishing, of course)

Richter

:lulz:

A prospective disciple came before Richter.

"If you have no sword, go out and sell your pants to buy one.  Then come back here and give it to me."  the disciple was told.

The disciple came back pantless and armed, presenting the sword to Richter.

Richter looked at him dubiously, and counted to three as an act of pointless optimism.  He then took the sword and stabbed the disciple in the balls.

"I trust I've made my point"  he said to the other petiioners of his free time.

Their groans were the exact sound of enlightenment.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Richter

LMNO

I'm amazed a sword can cost as much as a pair of pants.

Richter

You get get a sword for the cost of a meal.  You can get a pair of pants for the same.  If you care about what you're doing in either, you spent more.

Ars Richtera - footnotes