News:

PD.com: "a rather irritating form of hermetic terrorism".

Main Menu

Thread is now about Holist.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, October 08, 2013, 07:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on October 16, 2013, 04:53:52 PM
Quote from: Mr. Bear on October 16, 2013, 05:47:58 AM
Can't stop fapping to this thread. RWHN and Holist have the same father. I take it he fucked a mop and a bucket of water somewhere in a Denny's storage room.

I think the mop and the bucket of water fucked him.

Is my old father you slander! Apologise!
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

Count Chocula

Quote from: holist on October 16, 2013, 05:48:39 PM

Apologise!

An ominous sign. It always makes me cringe. Sheer terror is likely to ensue.

Count Chocula

Anyone that "S"s their apologize or "U"s their color cannot be trusted. Let it be known that we will NOT negotiate with terrorists.

East Coast Hustle

Best post you've made here, son.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

His avatar.   :lulz:

Fucking win, right there.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on October 16, 2013, 04:53:52 PM
Quote from: Mr. Bear on October 16, 2013, 05:47:58 AM
Can't stop fapping to this thread. RWHN and Holist have the same father. I take it he fucked a mop and a bucket of water somewhere in a Denny's storage room.

I think the mop and the bucket of water fucked him.

Llamas?

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Not Your Nigel on October 13, 2013, 11:22:45 PM
Quote from: Mr. Bear on October 13, 2013, 04:10:20 AM
Quote from: Not Your Average Mean on October 12, 2013, 01:46:25 PM
Your obvious man-crush for me is a little creepy. 

Just sayin.

I prefer my men filling a suit properly.

:lulz: Did he seriously just try to homo-shame you, there? Wow.
Rwhn does not understand what a man crush is. Its a bromance that may or may not be requited. We dont know yet. The drunken youre my awesome friend moment may or may not happen. I used to have a man crush on waffles. Now its a bromance but due to atlantic ocean we have yet to go on a mandate. Even if single would not bonk. Thats not the nature of it. Besides im hypocritically antisexually attracted to facial hair. Looks cool but i dont dig it.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: holist on October 14, 2013, 07:30:59 PM
Quote from: Don Coyote on October 13, 2013, 11:19:01 PM
(...) I shall make it as clear as I possibly can to you that when you throw in "It's a pity" with your statements, you are implying that you feel sorry that the person(s) you are addressing are just not quite smart enough to see your point of view in the proper light, that if only they were as enlightened, studied or intelligent enough that your carefully worded arguments in support of the truth that there is some music that is "authentic" and others that is not, and that you are especially qualified to point out which is which, they would immediately come to your side of the argument.
That in there lies the particular instance of your condescension with regards to this discussion. 

Hey, hey, let's just stop there for a second (the bold in the above is mine). I am best qualified to assess what I am implying (I was there, subjectively experiencing the intentions and the emotions that surrounded the writing of that message) and I tell you quite categorically that I implied no such thing. I agree that I could be read as implying that (malicious intent is extremely easy to read into even the plainest, most concrete communication, that is why paranoid people have such an easy time of it), but actually, I did not imply it, nothing was further from my mind. As I have already explained (and sorry, once more, I happen to be the number one authority as to my opinions - my gut reactions still carry a slight, largely xenophobic bias, but I am aware of that and looking out for it), all I meant was, I was powerless to stop the breakdown of communication with Nigel, I'm not even quite sure I understand why it is happening (I have seen plenty of evidence that Nigel is easily capable of being highly nuanced), and I was sorry to see it happen. Apart from the german accent thing, I have no idea why you attribute condescension to me, but it's you doing the attributing.

Now onto something else, with your intimations that you are especially trained to remove your ego from the argument despite you tossing a wobbler when you felt that you were being unfairly treated in this discussion, without referencing another more telling discussion in which is very clear that you are unable to divorce your ego or sense of self worth from your position on a topic, when had you just literately walked away for a breather instead of sharing that you were going to
Quote from: holist on October 09, 2013, 09:11:27 PM
Well fuck this for a game of billiards. I'm out.
thus making it quite apparent that you have some kind of butthurt because we were disagreeing with you. I had infact intended to more carefully re-read your points but was prevented because, well fuck me, I had to devote my attentions to actually learning about how art and literature are and have been critiqued throughout history with regards to the western literary and artistic traditions. I still do not see any merit in going over your original points because it seems to me that you are just nursing the butthurt because people are disagreeing with you and have put forth reasons that you may be choosing to create a definition of what is "real music" that arbitrarily favors the kind of music you prefer to listen to.

I understand and disagree with your position. Simple counterexample: even in my first formulation, I took pains to say I wanted a conceptual toolkit that allowed me to distinguish music that is "the result of earnest, genuine creative effort", yet music I don't like and don't listen to. If I simply wished to define "real music" to ensure that it accorded with my taste in music, I would not have bothered, don't you think?
Well of course you know what youre actually implying. We dont apparently. Thats not our failure its yours. And it has nothing to do with xenophobia. Weve had plenty of posters past present and im sure future who arent native anglophones (and remember there are no native born americans or brits running this forum.) and they get along just fine. I wouldnt agree that you sound condescending. The appropriate word is pretentious. Im still willing to give you a fair shake so as a friendly heads up you do sound like an assbag right now and a selfimportant one at that.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: holist on October 14, 2013, 08:48:39 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 14, 2013, 08:46:52 PM
So if it doesn't have to be authentic to be authentic, what's the fucking point of using authenticity as a measure of authenticity?

Actually, GTFO
Polar bear pissing on a mooses tree to tell a grey wolf to get off its lawn itt.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Not Your Nigel on October 14, 2013, 01:18:01 AM
Quote from: Don Coyote on October 13, 2013, 11:23:46 PM
Quote from: Not Your Nigel on October 13, 2013, 11:22:45 PM
Quote from: Mr. Bear on October 13, 2013, 04:10:20 AM
Quote from: Not Your Average Mean on October 12, 2013, 01:46:25 PM
Your obvious man-crush for me is a little creepy. 

Just sayin.

I prefer my men filling a suit properly.

:lulz: Did he seriously just try to homo-shame you, there? Wow.

Well I mean a man that likes other men is basically a woman. Right?

OHHHHH now it makes sense.  :lol:

If I did like men I would at least want them to fill a suit properly, or afford someone who can tailor them one.

minuspace

Quote from: Doktor Blight on October 17, 2013, 07:14:08 PM
Quote from: holist on October 14, 2013, 07:30:59 PM
(...) I shall make it as clear as I possibly can to you that when you throw in "It's a pity" with your statements, you are implying that you feel sorry that the person(s) you are addressing are just not quite smart enough to see your point of view in the proper light, that if only they were as enlightened, studied or intelligent enough that your carefully worded arguments in support of the truth that there is some music that is "authentic" and others that is not, and that you are especially qualified to point out which is which, they would immediately come to your side of the argument.
That in there lies the particular instance of your condescension with regards to this discussion. 

Hey, hey, let's just stop there for a second (the bold in the above is mine). I am best qualified to assess what I am implying (I was there, subjectively experiencing the intentions and the emotions that surrounded the writing of that message) and I tell you quite categorically that I implied no such thing. I agree that I could be read as implying that (malicious intent is extremely easy to read into even the plainest, most concrete communication, that is why paranoid people have such an easy time of it), but actually, I did not imply it, nothing was further from my mind. As I have already explained (and sorry, once more, I happen to be the number one authority as to my opinions - my gut reactions still carry a slight, largely xenophobic bias, but I am aware of that and looking out for it), all I meant was, I was powerless to stop the breakdown of communication with Nigel, I'm not even quite sure I understand why it is happening (I have seen plenty of evidence that Nigel is easily capable of being highly nuanced), and I was sorry to see it happen. Apart from the german accent thing, I have no idea why you attribute condescension to me, but it's you doing the attributing.

Now onto something else, with your intimations that you are especially trained to remove your ego from the argument despite you tossing a wobbler when you felt that you were being unfairly treated in this discussion, without referencing another more telling discussion in which is very clear that you are unable to divorce your ego or sense of self worth from your position on a topic, when had you just literately walked away for a breather instead of sharing that you were going to
Quote from: holist on October 09, 2013, 09:11:27 PM
Well fuck this for a game of billiards. I'm out.
thus making it quite apparent that you have some kind of butthurt because we were disagreeing with you. I had infact intended to more carefully re-read your points but was prevented because, well fuck me, I had to devote my attentions to actually learning about how art and literature are and have been critiqued throughout history with regards to the western literary and artistic traditions. I still do not see any merit in going over your original points because it seems to me that you are just nursing the butthurt because people are disagreeing with you and have put forth reasons that you may be choosing to create a definition of what is "real music" that arbitrarily favors the kind of music you prefer to listen to.

I understand and disagree with your position. Simple counterexample: even in my first formulation, I took pains to say I wanted a conceptual toolkit that allowed me to distinguish music that is "the result of earnest, genuine creative effort", yet music I don't like and don't listen to. If I simply wished to define "real music" to ensure that it accorded with my taste in music, I would not have bothered, don't you think?
Well of course you know what youre actually implying. We dont apparently. Thats not our failure its yours. And it has nothing to do with xenophobia. Weve had plenty of posters past present and im sure future who arent native anglophones (and remember there are no native born americans or brits running this forum.) and they get along just fine. I wouldnt agree that you sound condescending. The appropriate word is pretentious. Im still willing to give you a fair shake so as a friendly heads up you do sound like an assbag right now and a selfimportant one at that.
Problem solved: authentic pretentiousness scatters before the revelation of itself.

Faust

Quote from: Delcon on October 16, 2013, 09:52:12 PM
Anyone that "S"s their apologize or "U"s their color cannot be trusted. Let it be known that we will NOT negotiate with terrorists.

You are aware we are eurotrash here right? Where do you think the server is hosted?
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on October 23, 2013, 09:41:12 PM

You are aware we are eurotrash here right? Where do you think the server is hosted?

Um, you are talking to Delcon.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Faust

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 23, 2013, 09:41:43 PM

Who's Delcon, Declan's bizzarro world alternate?
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on October 23, 2013, 09:44:09 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 23, 2013, 09:41:43 PM

Who's Delcon, Declan's bizzarro world alternate?

Imagine Poptard with slightly less OCD behavior.