News:

Goddammit.  Another truckload of bees.

Main Menu

on{X}

Started by Pæs, October 09, 2013, 10:45:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pæs

Has anyone heard of this? I've just started putting together instructions for it.

It's an android app by microsoft which allows you to set up "recipes" in JavaScript to program your phone to recognise events and respond with behaviours, examples being "When one of my contacts calls during a meeting, txt them with 'I'm in a meeting'" or "When my battery reaches 15% txt my wife 'My battery is about to die'" or "When I am driving, turn bluetooth on and connect to my car" or "When I am within 200 metres of a location FourSquare identifies as 'mexican food' and it is the evening, alert me."

Seems like it could be made to do some pretty handy stuff and you don't need to know how to write the recipes, you can give existing recipes your own conditions to customise them.

Faust

It allows you to link into any of the events generated by android apps?

That + Grindr = Real life Gaydar.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

LMNO

Quote from: Faust on October 09, 2013, 11:16:00 AM
It allows you to link into any of the events generated by android apps?

That + Grindr = Real life Gaydar.

You are a genius.  However, anyone who has seen a gay bar in full Grindr mode can tell you that's not always necessary.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hmmm that sounds cool! Unfortunately I ran out of money before I upgraded my phone (student life is balls) so it'll be a while.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."