2nd Nuke General Fired for Weird Reasons. CAIN! WTF IS GOING ON?

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, October 11, 2013, 07:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Don Coyote

That disturbing lack of clarity has me very worried over who the replacement might be.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Don Coyote on October 11, 2013, 07:50:34 PM
That disturbing lack of clarity has me very worried over who the replacement might be.

We don't trust him, you see, but not for any reason that might be in any way related to his job.

We need new, hand-picked people watching the nukes.  Why?  Because fuck you, that's why.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Don Coyote

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 11, 2013, 07:52:59 PM

We don't trust him, you see, but not for any reason that might be in any way related to his job.

We need new, hand-picked people watching the nukes.  Why?  Because fuck you, that's why.

Exactly wy I'm all fucking disturbed.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Don Coyote on October 11, 2013, 07:55:07 PM

We are beginning to doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion, citizen.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 11, 2013, 07:55:51 PM
Quote from: Don Coyote on October 11, 2013, 07:55:07 PM

We are beginning to doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion, citizen.

And this is why I will never be able to get a job that requires a secret clearance.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Does this mean everybody and their mother is going to start doing covers of "Morning Dew" again?
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Cain

The Good Reverend Roger

So...I'm sorta guessing here that my initial guess (ie, getting someone willing to play fast and loose with the inventory) is wrong, because they already HAD the guy they needed.

Cain

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on October 11, 2013, 09:02:30 PM
Perhaps.

The whole affair was quite mysterious and, as is normal for the military, some low level grunts got canned for it, while the chain of command was protected.  Oh, a few officers got suspended as well, but not anyone truly important.  Important enough to be able to circumvent normal procedure for nuclear missiles, for example.

Also, I noted a mistake above: Barksdale AFB is in Texas, not California.  That's my bad.  Barksdale AFB, incidentally, was used as a base to fly missions for bombing Iraq in 2003.  Therefore, in theory, if one wanted to nuke Iran, well, Barksdale AFB would be a potentially useful location for them to be stored in.

American Conservative and the Baltimore Chronicle also noted after the incident, several airmen potentially involved from both bases died in usual circumstances.  I haven't investigated those claims thoroughly to say whether they have any merit or not yet, except to note that AmCon is not normally a magazine associated with baseless conspiracy theorizing and the author, Dave Lindorff, is known as an investigative journalist.

Anyway, suffice to say, there has been some strangeness surrounding the nuclear arsenal for a while now, and the previous matter was not concluded satisfactorily.  It is possible repurcussions from that are still having an impact.

I can't say I'm stumped for a reason why someone would want to eliminate enough people (one way or the other) to be able to make one or two nukes "walk with Jesus", if you know what I mean.

Hell, the very idea is central to the background to LDW.  :lol:

Or maybe they don't want the nukes, but the material as "evidence" after the fact.  Once you've lost it (we lost a bunch in the 70s, which coincided with Israel's totally non-existent arsenal), you can use it more or less whenever you want to "prove" that Iran or anyone else was up to shenanigans.

Cain

Telarus

Very interesting. I was just about to post this when I found the thread.

Rog, is the other person fired which you mentioned in the OP related to the B52 nuke incident? My roommate was just telling me about that last night after this story broke.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cain

The Good Reverend Roger

I make of it a serious discipline problem (which is also indicated by the morale problems).

Something is very wrong.