News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

Suggest Discordian Texts Here

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, October 14, 2013, 04:37:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

I need more pages for things. I'm reading through what I can find on scribd right now, but recommendations on quotables and short essays would be tremendously helpful. I can only use things that are kopyleft or written by folks here I can ask for permissions.

popeluvicasksc

There's some interesting stuff in Zenarchy and the Zenarchist Cookbook if you haven't looked at those. Both kopyleft, both on scribd.
"Explorers in the further regions of experience. Demons to some. Angels to others."- Pinhead

Rev. Stu Holbrook

Try this - http://theecod.org/abbey/abbey-writings/bring_it.html  The site's materials are for you to plagiarize and take out of context as you see fit. This particular article is terse and to the point, go figure.
Rev. Stu
May the Divine light shine upon you and within you today and all the days of your life.
All power to the people!

Pæs

I meditated on your writings and decided I would rather write readable text than have a textured background.

Rev. Stu Holbrook

Are you responding to me? I will read your readable text. My writing is ok, I am not a wordsmith.
Rev. Stu
May the Divine light shine upon you and within you today and all the days of your life.
All power to the people!

Q. G. Pennyworth

It's not exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for.

Placid Dingo

Perhaps try Pages from the Book of Life.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Placid Dingo on May 31, 2014, 04:44:09 AM
Perhaps try Pages from the Book of Life.

Google is failing me, apparently there's a movie coming out by that name.

Placid Dingo

http://thewebfairy.com/chaos/

There's also a PDF of it put together by Pope Tim on the reading materials page of this site.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Placid Dingo on June 03, 2014, 08:12:32 AM

There's also a PDF of it put together by Pope Tim on the reading materials page of this site.

What's up with the kopyleft but don't put it in a book?

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on June 06, 2014, 06:05:20 PM
Quote from: Placid Dingo on June 03, 2014, 08:12:32 AM

What's up with the kopyleft but don't put it in a book?

Beats me.

If it was reverse psychology, it's worked at least twice :) St Syn and Pope Tim have both disobeyed flagrently.

East Coast Hustle

Hey, it's Placid Dingo. That guy who never shows up here anymore for some odd reason, yet pops in to suggest discordian texts. How odd.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on June 10, 2014, 05:47:29 AM
Hey, it's Placid Dingo. That guy who never shows up here anymore for some odd reason, yet pops in to suggest discordian texts. How odd.

I can't imagine he's got something to promote, or anything.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cramulus

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 14, 2013, 04:37:17 AM
I need more pages for things. I'm reading through what I can find on scribd right now, but recommendations on quotables and short essays would be tremendously helpful. I can only use things that are kopyleft or written by folks here I can ask for permissions.

here's the "best of" the Fractal Cult project, in chronological order - kopyleft, all rites reversed

http://fractalcult.tumblr.com/tagged/fractalcore/chrono

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 10, 2014, 02:07:25 PM

I can't imagine he's got something to promote, or anything.

Now you two bastards have done it.  He'll be crowing about what an "internet leper" he is, non-stop, on facebook.  He seems to have taken a perverse type of pride in having managed to offend PD. 

So, yeah, he only posts here when there's opportunity for some weird kind of guru-ship, mostly having to deal with old, dusty, and busted shit from Discordia.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.