News:

You have [3] new messages in your inbox

Main Menu

The greatest threat to our society.

Started by Ben Shapiro, October 14, 2013, 11:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Shapiro

[in a British accent] OH THEY'RE SO ROYAL. We're lucky to have them coming here. But the rabble undoubtedly will be violent. Scum protesters– Oh, these insane people imagining the helicopters landing and the troops– these insane schizophrenics have come to town. The rabble– I'm so glad– thank God we're elite enough to have them though. I'm so honored. [switches to Cockney accent] Get back there mate! I'll have to have you arrested and have you deported! We're protecting criminals inside, busy stealing our pension funds and overrunning the country with third world populations. Now get back, you Yankee scum! HA HA! To show you the power of the Royal Guard Brigade! And this is the scotch we've been coughing down! Look at that pumpkin-headed Yank! That's the one, Alex Jones! I want you to know, young man, we will be watching you continually while we protect the Transhumanists putting cancer viruses in our children's shots!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sir Squid Diddimus

Welp, there it is.

Puns are solely responsible for the ruination of our nation.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

They are kind of the humor of the lowest common denominator, so Bear has a point.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dildo Argentino

Actually, I think most scatological jokes and most sexist/racist/xenophobic jokes are generally worse. And there are, of course, some very funny puns. Genuinely funny Auschwitz jokes... well, they are quite rare.
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

Reginald Ret

Quote from: holist on October 15, 2013, 07:16:53 AM
Actually, I think most scatological jokes and most sexist/racist/xenophobic jokes are generally worse. And there are, of course, some very funny puns. Genuinely funny Auschwitz jokes... well, they are quite rare.
Fuck you, there are some great and classic Auschwitz jokes.
"Why do showerheads have eleven holes?"
"Because jews only have ten fingers!"
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

The Johnny

As a mexican, ive always found puns as overwhlmingly retarded... maybe its swooshing over my head, but i dont think there are puns in spanish... i mean, they are possible, of course, but i dont remember a single instance, i suppose punners get rightfully murdered or something... its like a mix between jacking off and a local joke with/towards your own language, i dont know.

what we DO have is double-speak, which i quite enjoy, which can manifest thru "albures" (double entendree, sexual) or simple troll like reinterpretation thru a simple emphasis on a word...

i can provide examples if you people want
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Lord Cataplanga

Quote from: The Johnny on October 15, 2013, 10:06:16 AM

As a mexican, ive always found puns as overwhlmingly retarded... maybe its swooshing over my head, but i dont think there are puns in spanish... i mean, they are possible, of course, but i dont remember a single instance, i suppose punners get rightfully murdered or something... its like a mix between jacking off and a local joke with/towards your own language, i dont know.

what we DO have is double-speak, which i quite enjoy, which can manifest thru "albures" (double entendree, sexual) or simple troll like reinterpretation thru a simple emphasis on a word...

Richard Stallman has a collection of puns in Spanish that he invented.
They are all terrible.

Richter

I'm the Deacon Richter, product of the Project BITCHHAMMER labs, and I am part of this problem.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: :regret: on October 15, 2013, 09:11:46 AM
Quote from: holist on October 15, 2013, 07:16:53 AM
Fuck you, there are some great and classic Auschwitz jokes.
"Why do showerheads have eleven holes?"
"Because jews only have ten fingers!"

I didn't say there weren't any... this one's a good one. In the right context (cheers, Nige, I looked it up!).
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

The Johnny

Quote from: Lord Cataplanga on October 15, 2013, 11:55:13 AM
Quote from: The Johnny on October 15, 2013, 10:06:16 AM

Richard Stallman has a collection of puns in Spanish that he invented.
They are all terrible.

In english at least they seem to be more fluid due to the language being simpler... in spanish they just seem forced and awkward.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Pere Ubu

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on October 15, 2013, 06:19:49 AM
Welp, there it is.

Puns are solely responsible for the ruination of our nation.

I'm conflicted.

On the one hand, I'm all for bringing Western Civilization down around my ears.

On the other....

...hum...

on the... other...

. . .

Give me a minute.
If you meet Eris on the road, YOU WERE PROBABLY HOLDING THE MAP UPSIDE DOWN, DUMBASS.

Grand Episkopos and Lord High Executioner of The Temple Of The Screaming Finger

AFK

I love you all mower today than yesterday but not as mulch as tomorrow.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Pere Ubu

Quote from: Not Your Average Mean on October 15, 2013, 10:43:23 PM
I love you all mower today than yesterday but not as mulch as tomorrow.

LEAF US ALONE
If you meet Eris on the road, YOU WERE PROBABLY HOLDING THE MAP UPSIDE DOWN, DUMBASS.

Grand Episkopos and Lord High Executioner of The Temple Of The Screaming Finger

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.