News:

Thinking about Gabbard in general, my animal instinct is to flatten my ears against my head, roll my eyes up till the whites show, bare my teeth, and trill like a cicada stuck in a Commodore 64.

Main Menu

Racism at the crosswalk

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, June 12, 2014, 05:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 13, 2014, 07:34:46 AM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on June 13, 2014, 04:03:25 AM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 12, 2014, 06:22:44 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on June 12, 2014, 05:22:32 PM
I've been observing this in the downtown area. I thought I was making shit up because I see this shit everywhere. But no. It's a thing. Fucking hell. It's everywhere.

That's the thing, too, is that when you see this shit, and you don't have anything to back you up except anecdotes from other people who see it, it's so easy to dismiss it because it sounds crazy or paranoid.

"No, really, black people have a harder time crossing the street because people won't stop for them!"

"Seriously though, people of color don't get waited on as fast and get worse service."

"I'm not kidding, brown-skinned folks get skipped over in line, like, a lot. I swear."

When I worked in a deli, my co-workers would skip POC rather frequently, claiming to not understand them, or not like 'dirty' people. And got away with it. Our department ass. man. was Hispanic and our department manager was black. But the store manager and assistant store manager were both white. It drove my manager insane being made complicit in this bullshit but he felt he couldn't stand up because the store manager was a holy roller and yeah.

I have so many fucked up anecdotes about Georgia but they're all such subtle things that when I say them out loud to someone, it sounds ridiculous.

It is shit that this happens and I correct it where I can. It boggles my god damn mind.

Say it to the right person and they'll do research to back you up.

Say it to the wrong person, and they'll have you fired. It's a bit of a quandary.

Yep.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.