News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

It's that time of year again...

Started by AFK, October 16, 2013, 03:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Rock and Roll hall of Fame nominees for 2014:

http://t.today.com/entertainment/nirvana-linda-ronstadt-ll-cool-j-among-rock-roll-hall-8C11400900

Nirvana is obvious no-brainer.  They should just skip all of the nonsense and induct them now.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

You think Nirvana is more worthy than Cat Stevens, Deep Purple, and KISS.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

LMNO

Meters, Replacements, Zombies, Chic.

In that order.

AFK

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on October 16, 2013, 05:22:46 PM
You think Nirvana is more worthy than Cat Stevens, Deep Purple, and KISS.

Do you honestly believe that Nirvana should not be a first ballot inductee? 

Even if you don't like them, their impact on music is undeniable.  That would be like passing on the Beatles or the Rolling Stones the first time they were up.

AFK

But in answer to your question.

Yes, yes, and fuck yes.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

AFK

They induct more than one band you know.

LMNO

Honestly, even though I don't like them much, KISS had a larger impact on the music industry, in terms of concept albums, image, marketing, and cross-promotion.

AFK

Nirvana had a larger cultural impact.  They galvanized youth culture in a way that Gene Simmons could only dream about.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 16, 2013, 05:49:21 PM
Honestly, even though I don't like them much, KISS had a larger impact on the music industry, in terms of concept albums, image, marketing, and cross-promotion.

KISS was crap, IMO.

But so was some strung out punk that whimpered a few albums and then became An Hero because life is so rough on a rock star. 

Rock n roll is about not taking any shit.  It's not about eating a fucking shotgun because the world is so dark that you can't risk angels seeing into your heart.  Because they'd die.

3rd rate shitbag kills self.  Story over.  No need to put him in the hall of fame for ANYTHING.  Except maybe ceiling painting.

LMNO

Quote from: Not Your Average Mean on October 16, 2013, 05:51:37 PM
Nirvana had a larger cultural impact.  They galvanized youth culture in a way that Gene Simmons could only dream about.

Nothing Nirvana did lasted 20 years.  People are still doing the stuff KISS started 40 years ago.

The Good Reverend Roger

Let's talk about the cultural influence of an habitual junkie who offed himself.   :lulz:

Such an example!

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 16, 2013, 06:01:59 PM
Let's talk about the cultural influence of an habitual junkie who offed himself.   :lulz:

Such an example!

Yeah, this is just my experience here, but I've never heard anyone gush about Nirvana's cultural impact who didn't have a bong in one hand and a crack pipe in the other.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on October 16, 2013, 06:04:49 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 16, 2013, 06:01:59 PM

Such an example!

Yeah, this is just my experience here, but I've never heard anyone gush about Nirvana's cultural impact who didn't have a bong in one hand and a crack pipe in the other.

I think we should most definitely commermorate his life and cultural influence on youth.

Maybe we could name a needle exchange program after him.