News:

PD.com: The most patriotic board in America - jointly run by an Australian, an Irishman, a filthy Dutchman, a Canadian and some guy from the West Indies.

Main Menu

It's that time of year again...

Started by AFK, October 16, 2013, 03:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 16, 2013, 06:20:35 PM
Quote from: Not Your Average Mean on October 16, 2013, 06:17:16 PM
The Smashing Pumpkins were languishing as a weird alt-metal band, relegated to Headbanger's Ball and 120 Minutes until Nirvana came along.

Another crime to lay at Nirvana's feet.

And where have the Smashing Pumpkins been, recently?  Playing county fairs, perhaps?

They stopped being a thing YEARS ago, then Billy Corgin did his own thing for a while, and then he remade The Smashing Pumpkins, but without anyone else from the original bad aside from him and well, I like the orginal group to an extent, but what ever thing it was he created sucked balls. They haven't done anything since the turn of the millennium.

The Good Reverend Roger

The worst part is, Nirvana WILL get in, and there WILL be a commemorative re-release, which means I may even have to hear Kurt's whimpering on the radio, for the amount of time it takes to thumb the stereo controls on the steering wheel.

For maybe a week.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Demolition Squid on October 16, 2013, 06:46:22 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 16, 2013, 06:41:14 PM
On the other hand, do you think a badass like Shin Jung-Hyeon belongs in some dusty mausoleum in Ohio, next to some whimpering An Hero like Kurt Cobain?

I don't.

Good point.

They've poisoned the well by even considering such small talents as compared to those who really deserve the title of Legend. It'd practically be an insult, at this stage.

Yeah, I'm thinking that if Cobain gets in, they should take Kirsty MacColl out, out of respect for MacColl.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Demolition Squid

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 16, 2013, 06:51:57 PM
The worst part is, Nirvana WILL get in, and there WILL be a commemorative re-release, which means I may even have to hear Kurt's whimpering on the radio, for the amount of time it takes to thumb the stereo controls on the steering wheel.

For maybe a week.

Exactly. Its a painfully shallow cash-grab, same as the engineered 'battle for number 1' we now get every fucking year at Christmas over here. This is invariably between the manufactured group of the moment from the Talent Search reality TV show with the best ratings, and a classic 'edgy' track we are told we should all buy in 'protest', which coincidentally happens to be owned by the same label.

Its not about the music, its about the money.
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

AFK

For maybe a week.

Uh, In Utero has already been re-released because it is the 20 year anniversary.

Also, 20 year anniversary of his death is coming this April.

Better buck up bub! 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

AFK

And of course Nirvana will get in.  Would you deny Michael Jordan entry to the NBA Hall of Fame?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Not Your Average Mean on October 16, 2013, 06:56:20 PM

For maybe a week.

Uh, In Utero has already been re-released because it is the 20 year anniversary.

Also, 20 year anniversary of his death is coming this April.

Better buck up bub!

"Thumb controls on the steering wheel."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Demolition Squid on October 16, 2013, 06:55:15 PM

For maybe a week.

Exactly. Its a painfully shallow cash-grab, same as the engineered 'battle for number 1' we now get every fucking year at Christmas over here. This is invariably between the manufactured group of the moment from the Talent Search reality TV show with the best ratings, and a classic 'edgy' track we are told we should all buy in 'protest', which coincidentally happens to be owned by the same label.

Its not about the music, its about the money.

And about nostalgia for rancid music from a rancid decade, produced by a walking train-wreck of a junkie.

Demolition Squid

It occurs to me that I've been drawn into one of RWHNs threads again.

Its like watching a bad horror movie. You can predict pretty much what is going to happen every step of the way, and largely it is derogatory towards women, non-white folk, and people who enjoy marijuana.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Demolition Squid on October 16, 2013, 07:01:02 PM
It occurs to me that I've been drawn into one of RWHNs threads again.

Its like watching a bad horror movie. You can predict pretty much what is going to happen every step of the way, and largely it is derogatory towards women, non-white folk, and people who enjoy marijuana.

Which, of course, was his intention from the beginning.

But I have no regrets.  I get to laugh at his pretentious ass, and that's really why I'm in this thread.

LMNO

Chic has so much more of a right to get in than Nirvana.  They created music styles that are still being played around the world today. 

Can't say I really missed that last Candlebox reunion...

AFK

Quote from: Demolition Squid on October 16, 2013, 07:01:02 PMit is derogatory towards women, non-white folk, and people who enjoy marijuana.

DOUR is a white guy who as far as I can tell doesn't smoke marijuana.

Think For Yourself, Schmuck

Demolition Squid

If you think I'm talking about your reaction to DOUR, you're not paying attention.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Demolition Squid on October 16, 2013, 07:01:02 PM

But smack is okay.   :lulz:

AFK

Quote from: Demolition Squid on October 16, 2013, 07:04:52 PM
If you think I'm talking about your reaction to DOUR, you're not paying attention.

I don't think YOU know what you are talking about because you aren't paying attention.