News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

It's that time of year again...

Started by AFK, October 16, 2013, 03:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 19, 2013, 08:44:10 PM
How many people ITT are voters for the HOF? 

That's right.  Zero

I don't see how that's stopped your opinions.  :lulz:
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

AFK

It doesn't, but in regard to the criteria I posted, whether or not a band fits that mold ultimately is up to those empowered to vote in the inductees.  So whether or not it is questioned on PD.COM is irrelevant.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Kai

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 19, 2013, 08:47:34 PM
It doesn't, but in regard to the criteria I posted, whether or not a band fits that mold ultimately is up to those empowered to vote in the inductees.  So whether or not it is questioned on PD.COM is irrelevant.

So then your opinion is irrelevant, on all of it. ESPECIALLY so on Nirvana.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

AFK

As far as a discussion on a discussion board, of course it is relevant.  But when it comes to the actual process of inducting, utilizing the aforementioned criteria, it is of course irrelevant what any of us think.

But, seriously, anyone who thinks Nirvana should not be inducted first ballot, whether you like them or not, you're just not rational.  I hate the fucking Beatles but completely agree with them being in the HOF.

East Coast Hustle

Third-rate junkie mope rock. And in the end, the "movement" it "inspired" was about as inspiring as the movement I just had. In my toilet. And lasted about as long.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

I am, however, reveling in the irony of you championing a band that mostly sang about being dopesick because of their lasting influence on society.

That part, friends and neighbors, is pretty friggin' hilarious.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

AFK

We're talking about Nirvana, not Alice In Chains.

AFK

Although, AIC and Pearl Jam (as much as I really don't like PJ ) should both get inducted as well. 

Also, unrelated, it's a crime that Faith No More haven't made it in yet.

East Coast Hustle

It would be an insult to Faith No More.

Count Chocula

Thread merger with all of the previous RWHN threads, since they are all the same? It's like he's had explosive diarrhea all over the board. Maybe he should get that checked out, because he's been pissing out of his ass for months now, and we're forced to wallow in it.

Or

:?

Kai

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 19, 2013, 09:16:02 PM
As far as a discussion on a discussion board, of course it is relevant.  But when it comes to the actual process of inducting, utilizing the aforementioned criteria, it is of course irrelevant what any of us think.

But, seriously, anyone who thinks Nirvana should not be inducted first ballot, whether you like them or not, you're just not rational.  I hate the fucking Beatles but completely agree with them being in the HOF.

All it really says to me is that the HoF has nothing relevant to say about music worth listening to.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on October 19, 2013, 09:23:28 PM
I am, however, reveling in the irony of you championing a band that mostly sang about being dopesick because of their lasting influence on society.

That part, friends and neighbors, is pretty friggin' hilarious.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on October 19, 2013, 08:06:42 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on October 19, 2013, 02:14:30 AM
Quote from: Not Your Average Mean on October 19, 2013, 01:38:59 AM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on October 18, 2013, 10:09:34 PM
I thought Nirvana and Pearl Jam were the same thing for a long time. As soon as the whining screeching started, I changed the station. Couldn't stand their voices.

They don't sound even remotely similar.

It all sounded like garbage at the time. Sorry.

That's because Garbage was also produced by Butch Vig.

:lulz: :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Kai

I want to put something in context, Reverend WHN.

In 1995, I was ten. I didn't know what the hell Nirvana was, much less that Kurt Cobain had died the year before. I do remember a darn good Bill Nye parody of "Smells like Teen Spirit" called "Air Pressure", but I didn't even understand the connection till I was out of High School. I was listening to music my parents listened to, classic rock and the like. By the time I had gotten to an age where I might have cared about Nirvana, their time was long since passed. The early 2000s were full of shitty music on the radio, but I was by that point deeply into classical guitar and didn't listen to the radio anyway.

In other words, I really don't have any opinions about Nirvana. And it seems like the people who really do, who really like them, all are of a certain age, where they were in their late teens or early twenties during the early 90's, of a certain high school or college scene, and certain image. The only other people who seem to care about that band are the ones who make money off of it, or are critics trying to buy their way into that crowd. From my (limited) standpoint, it seems to be a whole lot of hype that didn't stand the test of time. But YMMV; come ask me again in 20 years.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Delcon on October 19, 2013, 09:36:51 PM
Thread merger with all of the previous RWHN threads, since they are all the same? It's like he's had explosive diarrhea all over the board. Maybe he should get that checked out, because he's been pissing out of his ass for months now, and we're forced to wallow in it.

Or

:?

Seconded.