News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

It's that time of year again...

Started by AFK, October 16, 2013, 03:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Quote from: Kai on October 20, 2013, 04:16:51 PM
Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 20, 2013, 01:22:01 AM
Quote from: Kai on October 20, 2013, 12:53:10 AM
Your point is moot. Why? I don't care, that's why. Obviously Kurt Cobain didn't care, since he took a lot of drugs and then offed himself. Course, he was over the age of 18, so you don't really care either.

That's a very easy judgement for you to make.  How do you know he didn't care?  Drug addiction is a disease of the brain, it isn't so cut and dry to just say that someone doesn't care.  Same with suicide.  He was a person who certainly had some mental health issues that were not being addressed.

You seem to be operating under the assumption of Cartesian duality; whether he was ill or depressed, he still didn't care. Which is irrelevant; I sure know /you/ don't care (the point). You've said as much before, that your moral community doesn't include anyone over the age of 18.

QuoteYou can talk all day how you think Nirvana was the most influential, greatest band or whatever, but when it comes down to it, none of us agree with you.

That's okay.  But there are many, many who do agree with me, including many professionals in the music industry, and they will be inducted first ballot. 

The HoF is irrelevant to deciding what is worth listening to.

QuoteI frankly don't understand it, and I don't think I would unless I was part of that pseudo-rebellious scene. [size=78%]And it's a bit funny to me you identify with them[/size][/size]

I wasn't part of any "pseudo-rebellious" scene and it was plain as day to me. I was a bit of a weirdo, but I was the straight-A, college prep kid.  I was a hair metal fan, and still am a fan of that music.  But hair metal is party music, it is very surface-level.  For kids with a bit more of an EQ, a band like Nirvana hit all of the right marks.  it was a bit deeper than, "Hey let's get drunk and fuck!".  Not that there is anything wrong with that ( KISS ), but it isn't very deep.

Thus the pseudo-rebellion. Pseudo being a common prefix meaning "false". You.../do/ know that, right?

QuoteOn the other hand, you also seem to have allies in the alcohol industry. Like an onion, you have many layers of hypocrisy.
Having a common enemy and being allies are two very different things.

Sure they are. And at 10:52 PM on October 8th, 2013, you said, and I quote, "So I took a public jab at the folks at MPP and gained an interesting new ally.  The liquor industry. " Your words. Now, I couldn't care less who your "bedfellows" are. To me, it's just another layer of hypocrisy, just another reason to dislike you. Phox left because of your nonsense, and I doubt she is coming back. So what I want is for you to leave, and to not come back.

There is no hypocrisy.  All I was saying was that we are allies in the sense that we have a common enemy.  I'm not allowed to receive any financial support from them, and they REALLY want to fund the opposition.  And I wouldn't formally align with them because they'd turn around and try to sabatoge our efforts to change policies to reduce access to alcohol.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: hirley0 on October 20, 2013, 06:00:37 PM
Quote from: Not Your Nigel on October 20, 2013, 06:58:24 AM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on October 20, 2013, 03:46:26 AM
Quote from: Jet City Hustle on October 19, 2013, 08:06:42 PM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on October 19, 2013, 02:14:30 AM
Quote from: Not Your Average Mean on October 19, 2013, 01:38:59 AM
Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on October 18, 2013, 10:09:34 PM
I thought Nirvana and Pearl Jam were the same thing for a long time. As soon as the whining screeching started, I changed the station. Couldn't stand their voices.

They don't sound even remotely similar.

It all sounded like garbage at the time. Sorry.

That's because Garbage was also produced by Butch Vig.

That guy gets around.

He produces pop music. It's his job.

nopE

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Sure they are. And at 10:52 PM on October 8th, 2013, you said, and I quote, "So I took a public jab at the folks at MPP and gained an interesting new ally.  The liquor industry. " Your words. Now, I couldn't care less who your "bedfellows" are. To me, it's just another layer of hypocrisy, just another reason to dislike you. Phox left because of your nonsense, and I doubt she is coming back. So what I want is for you to leave, and to not come back.

I wish she would come back, I miss Phox.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 20, 2013, 01:22:01 AM
Quote from: Kai on October 20, 2013, 12:53:10 AM
Your point is moot. Why? I don't care, that's why. Obviously Kurt Cobain didn't care, since he took a lot of drugs and then offed himself. Course, he was over the age of 18, so you don't really care either.

That's a very easy judgement for you to make.  How do you know he didn't care?  Drug addiction is a disease of the brain, it isn't so cut and dry to just say that someone doesn't care.  Same with suicide.  He was a person who certainly had some mental health issues that were not being addressed.

You seem to be operating under the assumption of Cartesian duality; whether he was ill or depressed, he still didn't care. Which is irrelevant; I sure know /you/ don't care (the point). You've said as much before, that your moral community doesn't include anyone over the age of 18.

QuoteYou can talk all day how you think Nirvana was the most influential, greatest band or whatever, but when it comes down to it, none of us agree with you.

That's okay.  But there are many, many who do agree with me, including many professionals in the music industry, and they will be inducted first ballot. 

The HoF is irrelevant to deciding what is worth listening to.

QuoteI frankly don't understand it, and I don't think I would unless I was part of that pseudo-rebellious scene. [size=78%]And it's a bit funny to me you identify with them[/size][/size]

I wasn't part of any "pseudo-rebellious" scene and it was plain as day to me. I was a bit of a weirdo, but I was the straight-A, college prep kid.  I was a hair metal fan, and still am a fan of that music.  But hair metal is party music, it is very surface-level.  For kids with a bit more of an EQ, a band like Nirvana hit all of the right marks.  it was a bit deeper than, "Hey let's get drunk and fuck!".  Not that there is anything wrong with that ( KISS ), but it isn't very deep.

Thus the pseudo-rebellion. Pseudo being a common prefix meaning "false". You.../do/ know that, right?

QuoteOn the other hand, you also seem to have allies in the alcohol industry. Like an onion, you have many layers of hypocrisy.
Having a common enemy and being allies are two very different things.

Phox left because of THAT asswipe?
That sucks. Because Phoxy could net-stomp RWHN with both hands tied behind her back.

I know, I know, not even worth the effort.

FUCK.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

AFK

net-stomp?

Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

Almost as pathetic as net-sex. 

AFK

I mean, Jesus Christ, how old are you? 

Net-Stomp.

I mean, I'm glad you have a jolly time here in Teh Wonderful World of Make-Believe, but for chrissakes wake up. 

All this huff and puff on this site about how broken and fucked everything is here and you guys get your panties in a twist over a random stranger spag who thinks a little differently thant you.  obsessing over "net-stomping" that spag.

C'mon, don't you see how fucked that is?  How about some IRL stomping of some actual problems in the world.

Stop being so fucking pathetic.

East Coast Hustle

I don't suppose there's even the slightest chance you'd take your own advice?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

AFK

How does that saying go?

I'm not the kind of person i'm preaching to.

Kai

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 20, 2013, 09:24:52 PM

There is no hypocrisy.  All I was saying was that we are allies in the sense that we have a common enemy.  I'm not allowed to receive any financial support from them, and they REALLY want to fund the opposition.  And I wouldn't formally align with them because they'd turn around and try to sabatoge our efforts to change policies to reduce access to alcohol.

You are allies, you aren't allies, you are allies. Sounds like an onion to me. Leave.

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on October 20, 2013, 11:09:12 PM

That sucks. Because Phoxy could net-stomp RWHN with both hands tied behind her back.

FUCK.

It was the main contributing factor. I probably shouldn't have said anything, but I'm just so sick of this, it's turning the place nasty.

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 21, 2013, 12:17:38 AM
Net-Stomp.
I mean, I'm glad you have a jolly time here in Teh Wonderful World of Make-Believe, but for chrissakes wake up. 
All this huff and puff on this site about how broken and fucked everything is here and you guys get your panties in a twist over a random stranger spag who thinks a little differently thant you.  obsessing over "net-stomping" that spag.
C'mon, don't you see how fucked that is?  How about some IRL stomping of some actual problems in the world.

That's the problem, though, isn't it? May 19th, 2005. That's more than 8 years I've known you. And yet you play yourself off as a random stranger. Miserable excuse for a friend, is what it is. Pathetic, yes, is what it is. Miserable fake. I became an adult here. I learned how to write and think critically here. I worked through some of the toughest, stupidest shit in my life with these folks, which is admittedly little shits compared to others, but it's my shit, and I /owned/ it. And I met the love of my life here. And as many times as I've been ticked off at Roger, or Cain, or Nigel, or the inverse, I still hold the deepest respect for them, value them as people, think only the best of them, which is probably why it hurts so much when we don't get along.

But you? You were apparently never even a person, for all I thought I knew you. Leave.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Kai on October 21, 2013, 01:59:20 AM

You are allies, you aren't allies, you are allies. Sounds like an onion to me. Leave.

FUCK.

It was the main contributing factor. I probably shouldn't have said anything, but I'm just so sick of this, it's turning the place nasty.

Net-Stomp.

That's the problem, though, isn't it? May 19th, 2005. That's more than 8 years I've known you. And yet you play yourself off as a random stranger. Miserable excuse for a friend, is what it is. Pathetic, yes, is what it is. Miserable fake. I became an adult here. I learned how to write and think critically here. I worked through some of the toughest, stupidest shit in my life with these folks, which is admittedly little shits compared to others, but it's my shit, and I /owned/ it. And I met the love of my life here. And as many times as I've been ticked off at Roger, or Cain, or Nigel, or the inverse, I still hold the deepest respect for them, value them as people, think only the best of them, which is probably why it hurts so much when we don't get along.

But you? You were apparently never even a person, for all I thought I knew you. Leave.

You expect him to be a decent biped? Give the monkey his peanuts make him dance til his feet rot off. This is the discordia I demanded. Only a few more months til he's a officially married, and also around the same time he finally burns the bridge and leaves. He doesn't want his wife knowing how much of a prick he's been on here.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Aucoq

"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

The Good Reverend Roger

You also said "bedfellows", which implies a political alliance of shady means.

Fact:  An informal alliance is still an alliance.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 20, 2013, 01:37:03 PM
Thread split please, you can put the drug posts into the current drug thread.

Thanks.

Which posts (by reply number, if you don't mind), do you want split?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Quote from: Kai on October 21, 2013, 01:59:20 AM

FUCK.

Net-Stomp.

Ok, this. Kai is one of the smartest, kindest, most open to feedback people I know. That I've never met.

That you've pissed Ki off is horrible.