News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

It's that time of year again...

Started by AFK, October 16, 2013, 03:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 22, 2013, 07:09:55 PM
"Haven't posted it yet" which implies he has gathered it. 

You going to do something about this or not?

I think I'll go with "not".

Partly because what exactly would I (or anyone) do to stop someone from thinking about doing something?

Oh, and partly because you're a taintknuckle and nobody likes you. Especially me.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 22, 2013, 08:13:08 PM
So you obviously condone maliciously providing my PI without my consent as long as it is within the letter of the law, yes?

I'm gonna go with "Yes. Absolutely the fuck yes."

But, y'know, only because I hate you. :D
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Anna Mae Bollocks

I've known people with no redeeming qualities whatsoever and SOMEBODY, SOMEWHERE always seemed to like them.
RWHN is the exception.  :lol:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on October 23, 2013, 12:18:35 AM
I've known people with no redeeming qualities whatsoever and SOMEBODY, SOMEWHERE always seemed to like them.
RWHN is the exception.  :lol:

He brings the board together.  We may violently disagree on many, many things.  But we all hate RWHN.

It's like Everyone Loves Raymond, only backwards.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on October 23, 2013, 12:15:17 AM
So you obviously condone maliciously providing my PI without my consent as long as it is within the letter of the law, yes?

Now some bears might take that as some kind of permission. If this shit wasn't easily searchable anyway making the matter moot by now. Anyone who really wants you PI already has it.

Suggestion - Henceforth refer to RWHN as until he deals with the butthurt of his name being used (And therefore, possibly (ha) a wide range of other butthurt) or flounces.

Seriously, this thread is 32 pages. This is a ridiculous flounce. It's gone on for about a year over a dozen threads. Drop the martyr act, display testicular fortitude and grow the fuck up.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Count Chocula

Quote from: Not Your Nigel on October 22, 2013, 07:50:44 PM

He does make a valid point here, googling firstname drug prevention Maine brings him up as the first result. FWIW.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on October 23, 2013, 12:32:00 AM

Now some bears might take that as some kind of permission. If this shit wasn't easily searchable anyway making the matter moot by now. Anyone who really wants you PI already has it GONE.

Suggestion - Henceforth refer to RWHN as GONE until he deals with the butthurt of his name being used (And therefore, possibly (ha) a wide range of other butthurt) or flounces.

Seriously, this thread is 32 pages. This is a ridiculous flounce. It's gone on for about a year over a dozen threads. Drop the martyr act, display testicular fortitude and grow the fuck up.

I kind of prefer "Scooter". Reminds me of a puppy.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Not Your Nigel on October 23, 2013, 02:53:42 AM

Now some bears might take that as some kind of permission. If this shit wasn't easily searchable anyway making the matter moot by now. Anyone who really wants you PI already has it.

Suggestion - Henceforth refer to RWHN as GONE until he deals with the butthurt of his name being used (And therefore, possibly (ha) a wide range of other butthurt) or flounces.

Or a muppet, IIRC.  I have changed my mind.  Scooter it is.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 23, 2013, 02:54:42 AM

Scooting his ass across the board like a dog on a carpet.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Not Your Nigel on October 23, 2013, 03:08:52 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 23, 2013, 02:54:42 AM

Scooting his ass across the board like a dog on a carpet.

I found him an avvie:

Of course, the dog is actually likable, but otherwise, yeah...accurate.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Telarus on October 22, 2013, 05:10:47 AM
Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 21, 2013, 11:51:57 PM
Quote from: Kai on October 21, 2013, 11:46:55 PM
On second thought, I'm okay with him being erased. That way I don't have to be reminded of my gullibility. Reverend who? I've already forgotten. Not like he was anything substantive anyway. This was all a great big game of pretend life.

The community got exactly what it wanted.  After it decided that I was a villain because of my views and opinions, I became a villain.  Go back and look at those drug threads, look at how everyone froths at the mouth to get personal digs in, dragging in some very personal aspects of my personnel life.  And tell me this isn't what they wanted, including the people you look up to.

I never did this once. I went into those threads with avoiding that specifically in mind (actually part of my meditation training at the time), and only tried to bring up things I could link to sources. I always argued from a position of respect, as you do influence your community, and any genuine, new information I could shoot your way would only benefit said community.

When you started spinning in circles, and ignoring corrections-made-by-the-authors-of-studies-you-had-cited-from-DEA-websites, and refused to pay attention to anyone who said "[citation needed]", well then the sarcasm-laced-knives came out and I SHUT THE HELL UP AND MOVED TO THE BACK.

I seriously disagreed with some of the things that were said, but I ain't nobody's internet white knight and you dug that hole yourself.

In short: You and your over-generalizations can Fuck Off.

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

The Good Reverend Roger

I just dropped in to gloat a little.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/22/21081289-clear-majority-favors-legal-marijuana-new-gallup-poll-shows?lite

QuoteFor the first time ever in a Gallup poll, a clear majority of the country – 58 percent – say that pot should be legalized. That figure represents an increase of 10 percentage points since last year, according to Gallup. The poll surveyed 1,028 Americans by phone Oct. 3-6.

Those in favor of legalization skew young and liberal, though the biggest increase of support came among people identified as independents. Sixty-two percent of independents favored legalization in 2013, up 12 percentage points from last year, according to the poll. Sixty-five percent of Democrats favored legalization, vs. just 35 percent of Republicans.

The poll broke Americans down into five general age groups: 18 to 29, 30 to 49, 50 to 64, and 65 or older. The only age group not in favor of legalization was those 65 years or older – 53 percent of those polled still opposed legalization.

"Americans are increasingly recognizing that marijuana is less harmful than they've been led to believe," said Mason Tvert, a spokesperson for Marijuana Policy Project.  "I think it's time to regulate marijuana like alcohol and most Americans appear to agree. We're seeing support for ending prohibition in states across the country and efforts are being made to change state laws."

Twenty states, plus the District of Columbia, permit marijuana for medical use. Washington state and Colorado have passed legislation permitting use of the drug recreationally. Marijuana is still considered an illegal drug by the federal government and is categorized as a hallucinogen by the Drug Enforcement Administration.

Gallup first started tracking the question of legalization in 1969, when just 12 percent of the country favored legal use of marijuana. That figure doubled in the 1970s, reaching 28 percent. Support rose steadily and reached 50 percent in 2011, according to Gallup research. A Gallup poll released in early August said that 38 percent of Americans have tried marijuana.

Still, there is opposition.

"I'm concerned that these people that are saying that they are favoring legalization are really not aware or knowledgeable about the marijuana that's out there today," said Carla Lowe, the founder of Citizens Against Legalizing Marijuana.

A poll conducted by Pew Research, released in April, said that 52 percent of the country favored legalization.

Carla Lowe, of course, is hilarious.  She's the darling of the Heritage Foundation and Take Back America.

Which is the only place the prohibitionists have any remaining support to speak of.

So good luck "marshalling voices for the big fight", RWHN.  It will be interesting to see who your "allies and bedfellows" are, this time next year.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Ah yes, the old "the marijuana that's out there today" saw. :lol: Harkening back to some mythical low-THC ditchweed of yesteryear that we all base our perceptions on rather than the marijuana that we grew up with and smoke or see our friends smoking. It's a funny argument; it's basically the argument that those who favor marijuana legalization have less exposure to marijuana than those who oppose it, whereas in reality the opposite is likely true.

AFK

Actually, that is completely true.  The potency has more than doubled since 1983.

Sources:

Mehmedic Z, et al (2010) Potency Trends of r9‐THC and Other Cannabinoids in Confiscated Cannabis Preparations from
1993 to 2008. Journal of Forensic Science, 55(5):120917.

University of Mississippi, National Center for Natural Products Research, Potency Monitoring Project Quarterly Report 107 (January 2010)

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

And then Scooter is all BAAAAWWWWW It's not fair that people think I'm an obnoxious prat and poke at me for fun BAAAAAWWWWW