News:

PD.com: Trimming your hair in accordance with the anarchoprimitivist lifestyle

Main Menu

It's that time of year again...

Started by AFK, October 16, 2013, 03:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 23, 2013, 05:22:14 PM
Quote from: Not Your Nigel on October 23, 2013, 05:19:41 PM
There's no way  that 40-somethings who grew up around weed and have friends and colleagues who smoke or eat weed and have seen firsthand over decades how not-especially-destructive it is, especially compared to alcohol, could possibly have formed accurate impressions based on their own observations. No, we've all been FOOLED by Big Marijuana!

As it turns out, most of my colleagues are 40-somethings, so in that respect you are correct, they/we haven't been fooled.

You and DOUR on the other hand, completely and utterly clueless, as you have demonstrated time and time again.

:lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

AFK

Quote from: Not Your Nigel on October 23, 2013, 05:20:45 PM
After it's legalized it will all be DOOOOOM and civilization falling apart and kids will turn into weed addicts in DROVES and there will be no societal benefits.

There will be no societal benefits, just the same social costs we see with the other legal vices.

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

AFK

Quote from: Not Your Nigel on October 23, 2013, 05:24:05 PM
Of course we all know how much Big Marijuana wants pot legalized! http://www.politico.com/story/2013/07/big-marijuana-lobby-fights-legalization-efforts-94816.html

That's the medical marijuana industry genius, which will be dwarfed and squashed by the recreational marijuana industry.  Once it is legalized, there will no longer be any need for medical marijuana laws. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Just got hit by a random drug screen, so I'll be gone for a bit.

:lulz:

That's one good thing about prohibition, I guess.  Sitting in a clinic's waiting room for NO REASON for HOURS.

Fuck you and everyone like you, RWHN.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

AFK

Dumbass, that isn't going to go away when it is legal.  You think your employer is going to want to have a bunch of stoned goons running heavy equipment?  Are you allowed to show up to work drunk?

C'mon, use your brain.

Don Coyote

they don't do random alcohol screenings jackass.  and it's totally Ok to work while hopped up on caffeine and nicotine. or antihistamines.

AFK

You honestly think employers are going to treat marijuana the same as caffeine and tobacco?  Really?  You are incredibly naive.

As it is now, being certified to use medical marijuana doesn't get you out of a random drug test.  Because employers still view it as impairment.  Great, use your medical marijuana at home, but the stuff still is going to make you high, and no employer is going to risk somebody on marijuana running a forklift.

LMNO

Really? A piss test determines if you're CURRENTLY high?

Because if not, that's like saying if you drank a beer in the weekend or after work, you should be fired for drinking on the job.

AFK

Here is some reading material regarding the new MMJ law in Massachusetts which may help shed some light.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 23, 2013, 05:44:16 PM
Here is some reading material regarding the new MMJ law in Massachusetts which may help shed some light.

I'm sure this is an accident, but  :lulz:

AFK

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 23, 2013, 05:43:06 PM

Because if not, that's like saying if you drank a beer in the weekend or after work, you should be fired for drinking on the job.

Employers have a need to maintain safety in the workplace.  Put yourself in their shoes.  Someone who was tested and found to have had marijuana in their system is allowed to still work and does something to cause harm to another employee.  What do you think is going to happen there when it comes to light that the person who caused the accident had tested positive?  You think the family will just say, "oh, it was only marijuana" and not sue the pants off the employer?

AFK

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 23, 2013, 05:43:06 PM

I think he exists in some sort of weird propaganda bubble into which reality cannot intrude.

Workplaces aren't any safer or better off since random testing was first implemented, and that tells us everything we really need to know.
http://workrights.us/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/dt_drugtesting.pdf
http://www.hazards.org/testingtimes/drugtesting.htm
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 23, 2013, 05:48:56 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 23, 2013, 05:45:51 PM
Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 23, 2013, 05:44:16 PM

I'm sure this is an accident, but  :lulz:

Yes it was, http://newenglandinhouse.com/2013/07/02/what-medical-marijuana-act-means-for-employers/

Applies to Medical MJ. Which currently puts it in the same realm legally as prescription pills. I believe we're talking about generalized legality, which allows recreational use without a prescription. Which means you didn't answer the question. Of course.

Th