News:

Look at the world emptily, and it will gladly return the favor.

Main Menu

It's that time of year again...

Started by AFK, October 16, 2013, 03:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 23, 2013, 08:09:01 PM
First,

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 23, 2013, 08:07:54 PM
THERE ARE NO LINGERING EFFECTS FROM ALCOHOL.

See reply #540

QuoteSecond, your question was an avoidance of mine, and while maybe pertinent to the larger conversation, is a deliberate avoidance of our particular angle.

Y'dingus.

You've been ignoring from the start the fact that marijuana is an impairing substance, with regards to workplace safety (aka people not being impaired and turning people into jelly with heavy machinery) and the legal status is a moot point.  I've tried like 3 different ways to get you to acknowledge it but you refuse to even address the point. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 23, 2013, 08:12:40 PM
First,

See reply #540

Great.  So you agree that if any evidence of alcohol use is found by any test, for any length of time preceding the test that can be established, the employer may terminate the employee for that alone?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 23, 2013, 07:55:22 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 23, 2013, 07:51:21 PM
Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 23, 2013, 07:49:59 PM
UNNNNGGGGG!  Legalization doesn't change the fact that marijuana is an impairing substance, employers will continue to not want to have impaired employees so they will continue to test.  This is pretty straightforward.

Positive MJ test is not proof of impairment.

Are employers risk averse?

Maybe a few. If they all were, there would be no need for OSHA.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on October 23, 2013, 08:17:35 PM
UNNNNGGGGG!  Legalization doesn't change the fact that marijuana is an impairing substance, employers will continue to not want to have impaired employees so they will continue to test.  This is pretty straightforward.

:mittens::potd::mittens:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 23, 2013, 08:16:28 PM
First,

See reply #540

Great.  So you agree that if any evidence of alcohol use is found by any test, for any length of time preceding the test that can be established, the employer may terminate the employee for that alone?

DRINK ON FRIDAY NIGHT, GET FIRED ON MONDAY MORNING! UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS ARE IN THE BAG, WAHOO!

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 23, 2013, 08:19:58 PM

:mittens::potd::mittens:

:thanks:

AFK

It wouldn't happen that way in the real world.  In the real world, it would be a positive test along with behavior that deems the employee unfit for duty.  Now, I also happen to believe that workplaces should have substance abuse policies that are supportive, not just punitive.  Anyone can fuck up, if someone pops positive, get them to EAP and link them up with resources and get them some help.  I don't think employers SHOULD fire them on the spot, but the law says they can.

I also know that employers are risk averse and can understand why they would want to terminate someone who is coming to work positive for drugs.  That is a potential workplace safety issue that can be VERY costly.

My dad is a safety director for a large employer so I have a bit of a window into these issues.

Junkenstein

Aha

AHAHAHAHAHAA. 5 stars, proceed directly to free parking and collect kudos.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on October 23, 2013, 08:20:46 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 23, 2013, 08:16:28 PM
First,

See reply #540

DRINK ON FRIDAY NIGHT, GET FIRED ON MONDAY MORNING! UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS ARE IN THE BAG, WAHOO!

LIVE LIKE A KING UNDER AUSTERITY. FOREVER.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 23, 2013, 08:22:35 PM
It wouldn't happen that way in the real world.  In the real world, it would be a positive test along with behavior that deems the employee unfit for duty.

Just like how the real world does it with weed.   :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

LMNO

You've been ignoring from the start the fact that marijuana is an impairing substance, with regards to workplace safety (aka people not being impaired and turning people into jelly with heavy machinery) and the legal status is a moot point.  I've tried like 3 different ways to get you to acknowledge it but you refuse to even address the point.

I'm sorry?  I completely admit that MJ is imparing, when you're high.  Your posts make you appear to think that if you show up positive on a pee test for pot, you're high.

What you're ignoring is that the test is not an accurate measurement of impairment.

WHICH IS MY ENTIRE POINT RIGHT NOW.

AFK

No, most of them, which is why they all have lawyers.

Dumbass.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 23, 2013, 08:25:33 PM

Dumbass.

RWHN rage is fucking awesome.  Stella just owned the FUCK out of him.  Watch the froth.

Junkenstein

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 23, 2013, 08:22:35 PM
It wouldn't happen that way in the real world.  In the real world, it would be a positive test along with behavior that deems the employee unfit for duty.  Now, I also happen to believe that workplaces should have substance abuse policies that are supportive, not just punitive.  Anyone can fuck up, if someone pops positive, get them to EAP and link them up with resources and get them some help.  I don't think employers SHOULD fire them on the spot, but the law says they can.

I also know that employers are risk averse and can understand why they would want to terminate someone who is coming to work positive for drugs.  That is a potential workplace safety issue that can be VERY costly.

My dad is a safety director for a large employer so I have a bit of a window into these issues.

You have fuck all idea about these issues. All you have, as always is a shitty appeal to authority. This time "DADDY SAYS".

Blithering fucking cretin. I bet you wear Velcro shoes with that suit.

AFK

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 23, 2013, 08:26:08 PM
Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 23, 2013, 08:25:33 PM

Dumbass.

RWHN rage is fucking awesome.  Stella just owned the FUCK out of him.  Watch the froth.

Right, the lawyers are just around for kicks, not to advise them on how to not to be on the hook and losing tons of money.  It's the blind leading the blind at PD.COM