News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

It's that time of year again...

Started by AFK, October 16, 2013, 03:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Quote from: Kai on October 23, 2013, 09:10:16 PM
I think Scooter is a shill, being paid here to front these particular opinions and make these arguments, and given that he /is/ getting paid, this is why he refuses to leave. Apparently this is becoming a popular way to spread propaganda these days, so I wouldn't put it past the FDA.

:o

You really think the FDA, DEA, or frankly ANYONE at the federal government gives two shits about a dozen people on a message board?

I stay because I'm entertained. 

I mean, really, people denying that people go to work impaired, that is just nutty stuff that you can't find just anywhere. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 23, 2013, 09:22:06 PM
Quote from: Kai on October 23, 2013, 09:10:16 PM
I think Scooter is a shill, being paid here to front these particular opinions and make these arguments, and given that he /is/ getting paid, this is why he refuses to leave. Apparently this is becoming a popular way to spread propaganda these days, so I wouldn't put it past the FDA.

:o

You really think the FDA, DEA, or frankly ANYONE at the federal government gives two shits about a dozen people on a message board?

I stay because I'm entertained. 

I mean, really, people denying that people go to work impaired, that is just nutty stuff that you can't find just anywhere.

So, you are denying the fact that the US government has been infiltrating social media?

Please say yes.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

AFK

I'm saying no one gives a shit about a few Discordians.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Junkenstein

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 23, 2013, 09:02:11 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 23, 2013, 08:58:29 PM
Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 23, 2013, 08:49:20 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 23, 2013, 08:44:25 PM
And that one hit of weed will impair you for at least 10 days.

Some employers are dicks.  Employers in an 'at-will' state can fire you for looking at them the wrong way.  An even-handed employer would look at the test along with the rest of the picture,  If you tested positive, but have been a model employee, productive, timely, etc., you are very likely not going to get fired.

But, employers should have tools available to them to catch the ones who are coming impaired and posing a risk to others.  Do you disagree with that notion?  If so, why?

There you go, assuming facts not in evidence.

Are you seriously arguing that employees never go to work impaired ever?  Really?

Pretty sure you're impaired at work anyway.

Anyway, I wouldn't guess shill. I can respect that to a degree. We've all probably had to shill at one time or another because rent. This is just attention seeking.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Q. G. Pennyworth

to be fair, I'm pretty sure the astroturfing programs they've paid for are primarily targeting twitter and facebook. He's not playing anchortext games with his links, either.

AFK

Yeah, one of the Discordians they don't give a shit about.

AFK

Do you guys listen to Coast to Coast at night?

hooplala

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 23, 2013, 09:27:45 PM
Do you guys listen to Coast to Coast at night?

Not since they started remotely scanning my brain.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Q. G. Pennyworth

Is this the part where you tell me that the government didn't buy software specifically designed for astroturfing campaigns? Oh, please tell me it's that part.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 23, 2013, 09:26:34 PM
to be fair, I'm pretty sure the astroturfing programs they've paid for are primarily targeting twitter and facebook. He's not playing anchortext games with his links, either.

I don't think he is, either, to be perfectly honest.  Because he'd have been fired for incompetence years ago.  He's convinced more people to be rabidy anti-prohibition than anything else.  I know I went from being on the fence in 2010 (I was in favor of decriminalization but not really legalization) to wanting weed to be completely legalized in 2012.

And I am reasonably certain that I am not alone in that.

hooplala

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 23, 2013, 09:26:50 PM

So if this forum is so obscure and insignificant, why are you so worked up about people referring to you by your real name?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

AFK

Quote from: Hoopla on October 23, 2013, 09:31:03 PM

So if this forum is so obscure and insignificant, why are you so worked up about people referring to you by your real name?

Because of creeps like Agrippa and Mr. Bear.

I have kids may I remind you. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 23, 2013, 09:33:07 PM

There you go, releasing personal details again.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 23, 2013, 09:33:07 PM

Unlike anyone else on this board...