News:

In my heart I knew that rotten testicles and inflamed penises were on the way.

Main Menu

It's that time of year again...

Started by AFK, October 16, 2013, 03:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 23, 2013, 09:33:56 PM
Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 23, 2013, 09:33:07 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on October 23, 2013, 09:31:03 PM
Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 23, 2013, 09:26:50 PM
Yeah, one of the Discordians they don't give a shit about.

So if this forum is so obscure and insignificant, why are you so worked up about people referring to you by your real name?

Because of creeps like Agrippa and Mr. Bear.

I have kids may I remind you.

Unlike anyone else on this board...

"anyone else on this board" hasn't had creeps make obscene remarks about their kids, nor, had their real name published without their permission.   
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 23, 2013, 09:02:11 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 23, 2013, 08:58:29 PM
Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 23, 2013, 08:49:20 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 23, 2013, 08:44:25 PM
And that one hit of weed will impair you for at least 10 days.

Some employers are dicks.  Employers in an 'at-will' state can fire you for looking at them the wrong way.  An even-handed employer would look at the test along with the rest of the picture,  If you tested positive, but have been a model employee, productive, timely, etc., you are very likely not going to get fired.

But, employers should have tools available to them to catch the ones who are coming impaired and posing a risk to others.  Do you disagree with that notion?  If so, why?

There you go, assuming facts not in evidence.

Are you seriously arguing that employees never go to work impaired ever?  Really?
I'm seriously arguing that a piss test is not evidence of impairment.

An argument that you have yet to address.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 23, 2013, 09:36:13 PM
"anyone else on this board" hasn't had creeps make obscene remarks about their kids,

Yeah?  Do tell.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

-

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 23, 2013, 09:37:05 PM

Some employers are dicks.  Employers in an 'at-will' state can fire you for looking at them the wrong way.  An even-handed employer would look at the test along with the rest of the picture,  If you tested positive, but have been a model employee, productive, timely, etc., you are very likely not going to get fired.

But, employers should have tools available to them to catch the ones who are coming impaired and posing a risk to others.  Do you disagree with that notion?  If so, why?

Are you seriously arguing that employees never go to work impaired ever?  Really?

Did you think he would?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

AFK

I have addressed it, you don't like the answer.

Employers are risk averse. 

ECH claims there is a reliable test for impairment, if so, then hopefully employers will use them when it is legal.  Until all employers get there, they have to use the tools available and make their best judgement.  Would you want to be responsible for someone who tested positive and caused a workplace accident that claimed another life?

Or are you going to keep skirting that issue and pretending it doesn't exist?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 23, 2013, 09:47:53 PM
ECH claims there is a reliable test for impairment, if so, then hopefully employers will use them when it is legal.  Until all employers get there, they have to use the tools available and make their best judgement.  Would you want to be responsible for someone who tested positive and caused a workplace accident that claimed another life?

Or are you going to keep skirting that issue and pretending it doesn't exist?

Same thing goes for booze.  Right now, if there's any biological indication that you use alcohol, you should be fired on the spot.

Ben Shapiro

So if this forum is so obscure and insignificant, why are you so worked up about people referring to you by your real name?

I'm not in the throw children in jail business.

AFK

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 23, 2013, 09:38:34 PM
"anyone else on this board" hasn't had creeps make obscene remarks about their kids,

Yeah?  Do tell.

And you are aiding and abetting them by publishing PI without permission.  You feel good aboit yourself?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mr. Bear on October 23, 2013, 09:49:11 PM

I'm not in the throw children in jail business.

Oh, RWHN believes in "diversion", which is where you wreck someone's life forever without actually sending them to prison.

Unless they're poor, of course.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 23, 2013, 09:49:50 PM

Yeah?  Do tell.

And you are aiding and abetting them by publishing PI without permission.  You feel good aboit yourself?

Obscene remarks about your kids, scooter?  I believe I missed that.  Perhaps you can link me to it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Anna Mae Bollocks

The piss test detects MARIJUANA COOTIES.

We can't have people spreading COOTIES ALL OVER THE WORKPLACE, now, can we?
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

hooplala

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 23, 2013, 09:50:45 PM

Yeah?  Do tell.

Obscene remarks about your kids, scooter?  I believe I missed that.  Perhaps you can link me to it.

I once had someone on this forum claim they were going to come to my house and stomp me.  Strangely, they never showed... even after I pm'd them my address.  Funny thing about internet tough guys.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

AFK

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 23, 2013, 09:50:45 PM

Yeah?  Do tell.

Have you forgotten about Agrippa who wanted to go out with my (then) 5 year old girl?

You think that's funny?