News:

If it quacks like a sociopath, but also ponders its own sociopathy, it's probably just an asshole.

Main Menu

It's that time of year again...

Started by AFK, October 16, 2013, 03:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Quote from: Faust on October 24, 2013, 12:28:14 AM
Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 24, 2013, 12:17:19 AM
I want a cease and desist on posting my name.

Certainly, pull the article it was quoted from, because right now its in the public domain.

I was hoping for something a little more ethical from you.  You realize the precedent that is being established right? 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 23, 2013, 11:38:33 PM

I've posted where I work,

Hey, this IS fun. 

DOUR,
Two can play at the selective quoting thing.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Pæs

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 24, 2013, 12:34:43 AM

Certainly, pull the article it was quoted from, because right now its in the public domain.

I was hoping for something a little more ethical from you.  You realize the precedent that is being established right?
nope

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 23, 2013, 11:42:52 PM
All because I didn't fall over myself apologizing when I didn't know a thread was linked to people messing with his father.

Is that a valid excuse to post someone's PI?

1.  I didn't post your PI.

2.  You are a smug little bastard that saw fit to LECTURE when shit happened to other people.  Boo hoo hoo, shitstain.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 24, 2013, 12:10:33 AM
DOUR has assembled enough of my information

:lulz:

Yes, making that Youtube video of you was pure evil genius on my part.

AFK

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 24, 2013, 12:38:00 AM
All because I didn't fall over myself apologizing when I didn't know a thread was linked to people messing with his father.

Yes you did, and boasted about it as being revenge for, oh my, shortening your name.  Which you did selectively, which I think is something you were just whining about in Nigel's thread.

Quote2.  You are a smug little bastard that saw fit to LECTURE when shit happened to other people.  Boo hoo hoo, shitstain.

That's been proven to be a lie. 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 24, 2013, 12:40:06 AM

Funny how he was totally "not concerned" about it when I pointed out that bragging about the article would be all anyone needed to find out what his name is and where he works. :kingmeh:

Concerned, not concerned, concerned, not concerned. It's dizzying.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 24, 2013, 12:45:26 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 24, 2013, 12:38:00 AM

Yes you did, and boasted about it as being revenge for, oh my, shortening your name.  Which you did selectively, which I think is something you were just whining about in Nigel's thread.

Quote2.  You are a smug little bastard that saw fit to LECTURE when shit happened to other people.  Boo hoo hoo, shitstain.

That's been proven to be a lie.

Nope.

You fucking lectured.  Shall I quote you, you smarmy little bastard?   :lulz:

And I called out demo squid on the name thing, though I didn't notice everyone who did it.  How CLEVER of me to go back in time and do such a thing, eh?

AFK

Well, that was when I had thought people here had some ethics.  DOUR has proven me wrong.  You are right, I should've been more careful with his type hanging around here.

Faust

I'm weighing it up. The fact is they didn't take it from someone's facebook page. It came from an article by an expert in the field of drugs control, readily available, and used, primarily here in a discussion on drug control.

Like it or not you are a public figure now.

Let me try to create a hypothetical example; say for example a writer had published a shitty book. For the sake of argument we'll call him Benny Mack.
We discuss and review the book, and in our personal tastes we don't like it. He shows up to talk about the book and we discuss it with him.

Now if he was to choose then to say no how dare you insult my book: remove my name from this site, I'd be very confused. He put it in the public domain for consumption, and can't react shocked and tell them they as a group may not refer to him by name when discussing this book.

You've mixed work and internet discussions and it's not gone well. A lot of people here don't agree with your views.

I don't think your kids are in the slightest danger from your name being quoted from a news article you were interviewed for, If I was, it would be gone already.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on October 24, 2013, 12:46:02 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 24, 2013, 12:40:06 AM

Funny how he was totally "not concerned" about it when I pointed out that bragging about the article would be all anyone needed to find out what his name is and where he works. :kingmeh:

Concerned, not concerned, concerned, not concerned. It's dizzying.

I don't worry about his concern.  He's part of the mechanism that puts kids in prison.  Also, he's a shitbird on a personal level.

No sympathy, here.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 24, 2013, 12:47:52 AM
Well, that was when I had thought people here had some ethics.  DOUR has proven me wrong.  You are right, I should've been more careful with his type hanging around here.

I really need to get a white cat, that I can hold and pet while I plot my evil.

AFK

Quote from: Faust on October 24, 2013, 12:48:20 AM

I'm weighing it up. The fact is they didn't take it from someone's facebook page. It came from an article by an expert in the field of drugs control, readily available, and used, primarily here in a discussion on drug control.

Like it or not you are a public figure now.

Let me try to create a hypothetical example; say for example a writer had published a shitty book. For the sake of argument we'll call him Benny Mack.
We discuss and review the book, and in our personal tastes we don't like it. He shows up to talk about the book and we discuss it with him.

Now if he was to choose then to say no how dare you remove my name from this site, I'd be very confused. He put it in the public domain for consumption, and can't react shocked and tell them they as a group may not refer to him by name when discussing this book.

You've mixed work and internet discussions and it's not gone well. A lot of people here don't agree with your views.

I don't think your kids are in the slightest danger from your name being quoted from a news article you were interviewed for, If I was, it would be gone already.

And what about Bear's public declarations?  On YOUR site?