News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

It's that time of year again...

Started by AFK, October 16, 2013, 03:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Pfffft Roger and I "data mined" you ages ago, remember us laughing about your employment and educational credentials not being what you led on? Pretty sure it isn't against any rules to datamine people. I do it all the time just because I'm bored/curious/want to know who I'm really dealing with/whether they're dangerous. That's why I mentioned to you when you boasted about that article being published that it was all anyone needed to identify you and find all your other publicly-available information. That was a friendly heads-up, Scooter, since you had made such a strong statement earlier about not posting identifiable info online. And at the time, you said you weren't really concerned about it. So, you know, not being concerned about it and all, you seem to be contradicting yourself more than a little bit here.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on October 24, 2013, 01:20:50 AM
Pfffft Roger and I "data mined" you ages ago, remember us laughing about your employment and educational credentials not being what you led on? Pretty sure it isn't against any rules to datamine people. I do it all the time just because I'm bored/curious/want to know who I'm really dealing with/whether they're dangerous. That's why I mentioned to you when you boasted about that article being published that it was all anyone needed to identify you and find all your other publicly-available information. That was a friendly heads-up, Scooter, since you had made such a strong statement earlier about not posting identifiable info online. And at the time, you said you weren't really concerned about it. So, you know, not being concerned about it and all, you seem to be contradicting yourself more than a little bit here.

He outright lied at least once.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Faust

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 24, 2013, 01:12:33 AM
Quote from: Faust on October 24, 2013, 01:11:45 AM

Hrm. Ok. You could just be bullshitting me to get me to do this, but I will.

He is.  He stated that his fiance now lives with him.  Then he says he's the only person with a key.

Probably, but I'm not really interested in examining real life claims. Same goes for any of the people how have had shitty exes who needed help here, I'm going to take it at its word.

How to proceed now though... no pm yet. Veerry tired.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on October 24, 2013, 01:20:50 AM

Faust

Quote from: Mr. Bear on October 24, 2013, 01:08:35 AM
Quote from: Faust on October 24, 2013, 01:00:12 AM
Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 24, 2013, 12:53:34 AM
Quote from: Faust on October 24, 2013, 12:48:20 AM
Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 24, 2013, 12:34:43 AM
Quote from: Faust on October 24, 2013, 12:28:14 AM
Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 24, 2013, 12:17:19 AM
I want a cease and desist on posting my name.

Certainly, pull the article it was quoted from, because right now its in the public domain.

I was hoping for something a little more ethical from you.  You realize the precedent that is being established right?

I'm weighing it up. The fact is they didn't take it from someone's facebook page. It came from an article by an expert in the field of drugs control, readily available, and used, primarily here in a discussion on drug control.

Like it or not you are a public figure now.

Let me try to create a hypothetical example; say for example a writer had published a shitty book. For the sake of argument we'll call him Benny Mack.
We discuss and review the book, and in our personal tastes we don't like it. He shows up to talk about the book and we discuss it with him.

Now if he was to choose then to say no how dare you remove my name from this site, I'd be very confused. He put it in the public domain for consumption, and can't react shocked and tell them they as a group may not refer to him by name when discussing this book.

You've mixed work and internet discussions and it's not gone well. A lot of people here don't agree with your views.

I don't think your kids are in the slightest danger from your name being quoted from a news article you were interviewed for, If I was, it would be gone already.

And what about Bear's public declarations?  On YOUR site?

I have no idea what bear said. I don't read every post on this site. Link if you like.

I said something along the lines of ruining his IRL if he draws FIRST BLOOD on here by posting people's info, and ruining their IRL. I said I have already got his info saved on my laptop, and I'm waiting those 4 months til he gets married to counter strike. I know he's going to do this since that's when he's going to burn all the bridges behind him and with everyone else on it. After those four months I'll delete whatever info. I hate little shit heads like him. If you don't believe me he is going to do this and be that asshole then let me remind you about the HFTs.

Knock that off. We don't threaten members, even in a reaction to something you think they are going to do.  :(

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on October 24, 2013, 01:21:45 AM

He is.  He stated that his fiance now lives with him.  Then he says he's the only person with a key.

Probably, but I'm not really interested in examining real life claims. Same goes for any of the people how have had shitty exes who needed help here, I'm going to take it at its word.

He has no intention of going anywhere.  This is just another control game.  That's why he insists on being deleted, though he knows we don't do that.  That's why he wouldn't answer you about being concerned for his job.

Everything about him is a control game.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

AFK

Sent
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Pæs

DISCORDIANS BROKE INTO MY HOUSE AND LEFT THE TEEVEE ON I KNOW BECAUSE IT WAS ON WHEN I GOT HOME.

Ben Shapiro

That house has beautiful wall paper.

Pæs

SOMEONE IS STEALING MY MAIL IS IT A COINCIDENCE THAT THIS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE ROGER TOLD THE PEDOS MY NICKNAME IS GOOBER I THINK NOT.

Faust

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 24, 2013, 01:28:35 AM

Sent
To who. Its not in my pm inbox.

Faust

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on October 24, 2013, 01:33:10 AM

Sent

He emailed it, because you asked him to pm it.   :lulz:

AFK

Sent

Shit, clicked the wrong thing, I think it went to your e-mail, I'll try again.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 24, 2013, 01:35:47 AM

Sent

Shit, clicked the wrong thing, I think it went to your e-mail, I'll try again.

And when he doesn't get that, you tell him to check his spam folder.

And when it's not there, you call him a dumbass and a liar.

*YAWN*
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division