News:

That's okay, I know how to turn my washing machine into a centrifuge if need be.

Main Menu

It's that time of year again...

Started by AFK, October 16, 2013, 03:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aucoq

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on October 24, 2013, 02:39:47 AM
Last Saturday I was at a party and a kid walked in with a Nirvana shirt on. Thinking of this thread I said, "Hey, man, you know they're up for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this year?"

He said, "Oh."

And I left that party two hours later, puzzled.

Where were the threats? Where was the yelling and the berating?

I didn't know what to do. These were not my people.  :?

:lol:
"All of the world's leading theologists agree only on the notion that God hates no-fault insurance."

Horrid and Sticky Llama Wrangler of Last Week's Forbidden Desire.

Salty

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on October 24, 2013, 02:39:47 AM
Last Saturday I was at a party and a kid walked in with a Nirvana shirt on. Thinking of this thread I said, "Hey, man, you know they're up for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this year?"

He said, "Oh."

And I left that party two hours later, puzzled.

Where were the threats? Where was the yelling and the berating?

I didn't know what to do. These were not my people.  :?

People like that boil my blood. Just who in the hel do they think they are?
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Faust on October 24, 2013, 01:11:45 AM
Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 24, 2013, 01:05:13 AM
How about this, when I came home today, my front door in my garage, which had been locked, and the inner entry door in my breezeway, which had also been closed, were both open and ajar.  I am the only person who has a key to this house. 

So yeah, I'm a little concerned right now.  So I'm asking you to provide one less place where people can get information to locate me.

Delete my name and I would like a cease and desist on all future postings of my name.

Hrm. Ok. You could just be bullshitting me to get me to do this, but I will.

Send me your name (I don't know it), and I'll personally delete it from the db now (or first thing tomorrow morning depending on when I get your message).

If we are forced to delete content on his account I see no reason to continue to allow him to shit here. So if this is done I'm going to shitcan him unless somebody can provide a compelling reason not to. After all, the only reason to comply with his request is that we view him as making a credible legal threat against the site, and that's one of the few things we ban people for.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

I'll check bakc when I get up in the morning, so about 12 hours from now. If we've actually deleted content from the board on his account then he'll get what he wants.

So, you might want to really think about this.

Pæs

Is that string going to be cleansed from the database?

P3NT will forever be referred to as being [redacted]ish.

Are we doomed to always refer to our favourite city in Lake County, Florida, United States as "Ma[redacted]e"?

WOE.

What will happen to this thread!? http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=34939.0

ORSON WHO CARD? F WHAT FITZGERALD?

WOOOOOOEEEEE!

Faust

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on October 24, 2013, 07:24:55 AM
Quote from: Faust on October 24, 2013, 01:11:45 AM
Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 24, 2013, 01:05:13 AM
How about this, when I came home today, my front door in my garage, which had been locked, and the inner entry door in my breezeway, which had also been closed, were both open and ajar.  I am the only person who has a key to this house. 

So yeah, I'm a little concerned right now.  So I'm asking you to provide one less place where people can get information to locate me.

Delete my name and I would like a cease and desist on all future postings of my name.

Hrm. Ok. You could just be bullshitting me to get me to do this, but I will.

Send me your name (I don't know it), and I'll personally delete it from the db now (or first thing tomorrow morning depending on when I get your message).

If we are forced to delete content on his account I see no reason to continue to allow him to shit here. So if this is done I'm going to shitcan him unless somebody can provide a compelling reason not to. After all, the only reason to comply with his request is that we view him as making a credible legal threat against the site, and that's one of the few things we ban people for.

I'll send you the details in PM, there's some strict conditions associated with this. He's currently gone.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Faust

Quote from: Pæs on October 24, 2013, 07:32:10 AM
Is that string going to be cleansed from the database?

P3NT will forever be referred to as being [redacted]ish.

Are we doomed to always refer to our favourite city in Lake County, Florida, United States as "Ma[redacted]e"?

WOE.

What will happen to this thread!? http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=34939.0

ORSON WHO CARD? F WHAT FITZGERALD?

WOOOOOOEEEEE!

No it's going to be manually performed.

Cain

-

East Coast Hustle

I don't believe he'll have any more comebacks to anything. At least, not on this site.

East Coast Hustle

Also, I trust we are ONLY deleting posts where his "PI" is made available, and not deleting his entire posting history.

Faust

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on October 24, 2013, 08:14:22 PM
Also, I trust we are ONLY deleting posts where his "PI" is made available, and not deleting his entire posting history.

Yeah exactly.

East Coast Hustle

Word. And good riddance to bad rubbish.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That's a lot of work, doing it manually. I feel like saying something nice to you about doing that but I can't think of exactly how to word it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on October 25, 2013, 01:25:59 AM
That's a lot of work, doing it manually. I feel like saying something nice to you about doing that but I can't think of exactly how to word it.

I appreciate your dedication to this board and admire the tenacity to wade through hundreds of pages of bullshit to do things as properly as possible. That is damn impressive.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.