WEB HOSTING POWERED BY HULK HOGAN

Started by Pæs, October 18, 2013, 11:18:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pæs

Pæs

In the less than ten minutes since I shared that here, I made a website.

SFW, except for the URL: http://buttfuck.hostamania.com/

Rapid rollout for ridiculous pages sounds exploitable as fuck.

Pæs

Okay, they failed to reserve subdomains, so I got: http://m.hostamania.com/
Also got blog.hostamania.com but their real blog takes precedence.

Pæs

Also this lets me execute random javascript on the page. TOTALLY SAFE. Except that I can use jQuery to replace the entire page with whatever content I like, or redirect anywhere from what appears to be an official business page, or other more dodgy stuff.

I think I am going to seriously upset Hulk Hogan with all these tweets I am sending his company explaining how bad the website is.

Pæs

I've asked them to delete all the pages I made as part of my "here's what I did to your website" email, so in case nobody gets a chance to visit (I doubt they'll get it down that fast) image of m.hostamania.com posted here for posterity. It also gives a JavaScript alert when you arrive, just to point out that I can.

Junkenstein

Wait a minute, who thought it was a shrewd business move to add Hulk Hogan to IT?

Success is practically guaranteed, brother.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Pæs

It is ridiculously tempting to make ftp.hostamania.com or similar redirect to goatse but I'm resisting the urge to tell people to register common subdomains and giving Hulk a chance to (yes, I think he personally administrates the site) to fix it.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Pæs on October 18, 2013, 01:44:10 PM
It is ridiculously tempting to make ftp.hostamania.com or similar redirect to goatse but I'm resisting the urge to tell people to register common subdomains and giving Hulk a chance to (yes, I think he personally administrates the site) to fix it.

I can't think of a single reason not to do this immediately.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh, Hulk! Like every other aging man of that generation, he went into IT, just a little after the ship sailed.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pæs

They wrote back to me and explained that they coded their subdomain validator and web security in JavaScript.

Yes, the very same JavaScript that modern browsers allow you disable with a checkbox.

Like building your door out of playdough.

Ben Shapiro

TAKE YOUR VITAMINS AND SAY YOUR PRAYERS BROTHER!

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Pæs on October 21, 2013, 07:44:43 AM
They wrote back to me and explained that they coded their subdomain validator and web security in JavaScript.

Yes, the very same JavaScript that modern browsers allow you disable with a checkbox.

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Pæs

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on October 21, 2013, 10:57:50 PM
Quote from: Pæs on October 21, 2013, 07:44:43 AM

That's a popup that I added as a warning that the page was my bitch. Their JavaScript security is nowhere to be seen.