News:

Look at the world emptily, and it will gladly return the favor.

Main Menu

I must be getting soft in my old age...

Started by East Coast Hustle, October 18, 2013, 10:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

...because this made my eyes moisten slightly with sadness and despair for the human race.

http://www.portlandmercury.com/portland/i-anonymous/Content?oid=10779175

And then I wanted to track down that bartender and feed them their own eyeballs. But still.

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Anna Mae Bollocks

:x :x :x  How fucking difficult is it not to treat people like shit?
Yeah, service jobs suck and you get tired of everybody, but JESUS FUCK.

Feed him his dick while you're feeding him the eyeballs.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Pere Ubu

It's a shame there isn't a circle in the Inferno for The Gratiutiously Rude.
If you meet Eris on the road, YOU WERE PROBABLY HOLDING THE MAP UPSIDE DOWN, DUMBASS.

Grand Episkopos and Lord High Executioner of The Temple Of The Screaming Finger

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Fucking hell

That kind of breaks my heart

and also what the hell kind of asshole learns sign language and then is so mean to the people they use it to speak with?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Don Coyote

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Not Your Nigel on October 19, 2013, 05:35:23 AM
Fucking hell

That kind of breaks my heart

and also what the hell kind of asshole learns sign language and then is so mean to the people they use it to speak with?

Remember to keep your eyes peeled for a bartender that knows how to sign.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

MMIX

Actually there's nothing in the OP that confirms that is is a barman, it could be a barmaid. Also, yeah what kind of person learns to sign and then treats a deaf person like that? It should make you think that maybe there is more to this story than meets the eye. It could be that a grab a pitchfork reaction is appropriate but, yanno, it could be that something entirely different is going on.
That said, anyone who reduces someone to tears like that is such an apparently thoughtless way deserves to feel like a real shit about it.
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Is MMIX just a bot that shows up when it's alerted to an opportunity to correct someone on some irrelevant semantic and then repeat something someone else already said?

I'm starting to think so.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pæs

I actually assumed it was a woman because gendered insults are typically used with their associated gender. Dudes get called "bitches" but when people are raging at assholes like that one, I find it more likely that "bitch" is used to swear at a woman.

But it doesn't matter, because the person is a fuck.

East Coast Hustle

I assumed it was a chick, but who cares? Whoever it is still deserves something horrible.

hooplala

I'm guessing commenter "Kattie" is the bartender in question.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Hoopla on October 19, 2013, 10:13:19 PM
I'm guessing commenter "Kattie" is the bartender in question.

I'm betting you're right. And you know what? Some people just don't deserve to have a job. Customer service... it's called that for a reason.