News:

PD may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.  If PD splits open, do not look directly at resulting goo.  PD is still legal in 14 states.

Main Menu

PI With Malice Aforethought: Queen Gogira

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, October 23, 2013, 03:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Queen Gogira leads a double life.  To her husband - a mild mannered professional violinist from Prague - she is a tiny woman who does some sort of work in the publishing industry, which he neither understands nor particularly cares to understand.  It isn't music, so it isn't real.

But I'll tell you what's real.

When she goes to work, she is known to the people on the street as "Jimmy Walnuts", due to her habit of crushing said nuts in her left hand.  When she is contracted to deal with problems, strong men weep in abject terror, and Boston moves to Providence for the week. 

It is said that she was hired to enforce the terms of a meth dealing agreement between her bosses and a motorcycle gang in Warwick, RI.  She went in one end of the bar, and out the other.  When she was at the halfway point, the low growls of surprise and anger had changed, and by the time she left, the place sounded like an Abba tribute concert sung by 30 coked-up chihuahuas.

The most horrible part is that her facial expression never changes during this sort of thing.  It's still that little smile that says "I'm not really Jimmy Walnuts". 

But she is. 

The smile is a lie, a trap for the foolish.  Queen Gogira IS Jimmy Walnuts, and the Boston Common is littered with the eggs she's kicked out of female hipsters who sneered at her get up.  Never, never comment on her clothing.  There are far more painless ways of committing suicide.  Like, say, being eaten by rats.  From the feet up.

And when all the horror and flying blood droplets are done, when the police finally feel safe enough to come out of the donut shop, it's because she's home again, giving her husband a kiss on the cheek, and telling him whacking great lies about how her day went.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Love is an exquisitely crafted work of slander.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 23, 2013, 04:58:38 PM

Well, I'm trying to keep my hand in, in a time when nobody can be arsed to read or respond to writing.  So I figure I'm just going to pick one person a day and tell the horrible truth about them.

If that doesn't keep my interest, then I'm going to find a new hobby, and put the writing thing down for a year or three.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Demolition Squid

I loved this but writing decent responses on my phone is as much fun as pulling teeth.

Still though. :mittens:
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 23, 2013, 05:02:22 PM

Well, I'm trying to keep my hand in, in a time when nobody can be arsed to read or respond to writing.  So I figure I'm just going to pick one person a day and tell the horrible truth about them.

If that doesn't keep my interest, then I'm going to find a new hobby, and put the writing thing down for a year or three.

That would be a crime against everything. Well, mostly writing, but still.

What's up with pre-orders on LOBB?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 23, 2013, 05:20:18 PM

Still picking out SPAG errors and spoonerisms, and plugging minor plot holes.  I'm at chapter 10 of the second arc, putting about 4 hours/week into it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 23, 2013, 05:21:51 PM

Problem is, nobody seems to be engaged by it anymore.  Not just PD, but anywhere I post anything I write.

So it's not F5, it's me.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 23, 2013, 05:21:51 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 23, 2013, 05:20:18 PM

Still picking out SPAG errors and spoonerisms, and plugging minor plot holes.  I'm at chapter 10 of the second arc, putting about 4 hours/week into it.

Well, let me know when/how I can throw money at it, I have a nine year old over here that NEEDS that book.

Anna Mae Bollocks

No, it's F5.

I mean, who can resist THIS?

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 23, 2013, 03:17:43 PM
It is said that she was hired to enforce the terms of a meth dealing agreement between her bosses and a motorcycle gang in Warwick, RI.  She went in one end of the bar, and out the other.  When she was at the halfway point, the low growls of surprise and anger had changed, and by the time she left, the place sounded like an Abba tribute concert sung by 30 coked-up chihuahuas.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Kai

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

The Good Reverend Roger

Gimme Kai's share.

DOUR,
Got no brain, got no sense.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

I'll take two! :P Jimmy Walnuts makes me laugh every time. Gogira, can I send you postcards just to use the name "Jimmy Walnuts" on them?
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on October 24, 2013, 06:47:25 PM
I'll take two! :P Jimmy Walnuts makes me laugh every time. Gogira, can I send you postcards just to use the name "Jimmy Walnuts" on them?

Sure, why not get on ALL THE LISTS?

Richter

QG  exhibits a professionalism that would make most businessmen weep.  There is no "Off" setting - a "client" she has been contracted to visit will recieve their attention regardless of time, date, or happenings. 

Wonder at her absence at your own peril.  There is nothing short of work which will keep her from fufilling a even hinted commitment. 

Her pamphlets are a traditional method of deadly threat in Russia
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat