News:

Endorsement from MysticWicks: "The most fatuous, manipulative, and venomous people to be found here are all of the discordian genre."

Main Menu

Atheists and White Supremacists

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, October 23, 2013, 04:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 23, 2013, 07:25:40 PM
Hoops, keep in mind that Not your Nigel is, well, not Nigel.  It's Coyote.

no that's Nigel.
I'm Coyote.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 23, 2013, 07:50:26 PM
I'm just curious as to how many people in this thread were offended, and said so, when P3NT called me a "faithfool" about 20 times.

Wasn't offended, was embarrassed for him. It just made him look kinda stupid, like people using "$cientology" or "sheeple" unironically.

The Good Reverend Roger

I'm just curious as to how many people in this thread were offended, and said so, when P3NT called me a "faithfool" about 20 times.

And I'd like to say that I would very much like to thank the hordes of PDers who spoke up at that time.

Because it warms my heart that our outrage here isn't highly selective.

DOUR,
Stupid fucking FAITHFOOL with food down his shirt and callouses on his knuckles.  Grunt.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 23, 2013, 07:55:28 PM

Wasn't offended, was embarrassed for him. It just made him look kinda stupid, like people using "$cientology" or "sheeple" unironically.

Yes, and it was nice to see 3 pages of outrage from the board when it happened.

Oh, wait.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Don Coyote

Fuck this place.
I don't even remember if spine out against peny being an edgy ass for the billionth time in a way pissed Nigel off.

so fuck you and Nigel

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Don Coyote on October 23, 2013, 07:59:18 PM
Fuck this place.
I don't even remember if spine out against peny being an edgy ass for the billionth time in a way pissed Nigel off.

so fuck you and Nigel

What?  Not being facetious here, I didn't understand at all what you were trying to say.

But the end tells me what I need to know.  We're at that point AGAIN.  AGAIN.

Junkenstein

I can't say that I was, then again I can't recall offhand the thread. P3nt said something, you disagreed and I thought it was generally determined as not exactly helping discourse.

I've re-typed the above a few times because I'm still trying to work out what the fuck has gone on here.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

hooplala

I don't recall Pent calling you a faithfool.  I recall him using that term and you taking it personally. Perhaps my recollection is off.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on October 23, 2013, 08:01:05 PM

I can't say that I was, then again I can't recall offhand the thread. P3nt said something, you disagreed and I thought it was generally determined as not exactly helping discourse.

I've re-typed the above a few times because I'm still trying to work out what the fuck has gone on here.

Not sure myself.  From what I gather, it's okay to broad-brush non-atheists, but not to do it to atheists.

Either that, or Twid and I personally can be shat on, but not anyone else.

I mean, I have in the past couple of days, had people REPEATEDLY IGNORE what the fuck I was saying about faith vs rationalism, so they could post GIGANTIC STRAWMAN ARGUMENTS that look like they were more or less fucking cut and pasted from Dawkins or whoever the flavor of the fucking month is.  I have been the recipient of slurs.  ONE person spoke up for me.  ONE FUCKING PERSON.

So, beyond being less than outraged by Nigel's statement, I am in fact more than a little pissed off by the outrage at her statement, because it's SELECTIVE AS FUCKING HELL.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on October 23, 2013, 08:04:15 PM
I don't recall Pent calling you a faithfool.

Funny how that works.

If I say "Kike", no nearby Jews should be offended, because I am not referring to them by name.

AFK

Her statement was offensive.  Period.  Broadly making a 1:1 comparison between atheists and white supremacists.  That is offensive, period.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 23, 2013, 08:00:28 PM
Quote from: Don Coyote on October 23, 2013, 07:59:18 PM
Fuck this place.

so fuck you and Nigel

What?  Not being facetious here, I didn't understand at all what you were trying to say.

But the end tells me what I need to know.  We're at that point AGAIN.  AGAIN.

the fuck ever.  I'm too d fucking pissed to go fucking digging for the thread Whet pent fucking acts like an ass towards the religious and people did or did nor jumo all over his ass for it.  Evidently that thread is being used to talk shit about atheists being pissed about Nigel' s sweeping inclusion of atheists with white supremacists.  not even that we are terrible people but that we are people that aren't of much account huddled up to attack members Oahe of our tribe or some other bullshit.

so I'm fucking done with you and Nigel.

Q. G. Pennyworth

The post in question:
Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on October 09, 2013, 08:17:55 PM
Quote from: Doktor Blight on October 09, 2013, 06:27:21 PM
Also, if the Romans had invented Christianity, it was probably one of the biggest blunders they could have possibly made, other than treating their Hun mercenaries like dirt.

Whether or not the Romans "invented" christianity, it's common knowledge* that the Romans were the ones responsible for its political success, globally. It was actually a really shrewd move but, unfortunately for the Romans, it turned out to be too little too late. A bandaid on the severed head of an empire that had already gone USA-2020 by then.

*common knowledge of the type - which faithfools are immune to

Followed by SIX PAGES of people calling P3nt on his bullshit.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: What's New Wildebeest? on October 23, 2013, 08:08:45 PM
Her statement was offensive.  Period.  Broadly making a 1:1 comparison between atheists and white supremacists.  That is offensive, period.

How about if I compare you to a vulture.  Would that be offensive?

Why, yes.  To vultures.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 23, 2013, 08:10:39 PM
The post in question:
Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on October 09, 2013, 08:17:55 PM
Quote from: Doktor Blight on October 09, 2013, 06:27:21 PM
Also, if the Romans had invented Christianity, it was probably one of the biggest blunders they could have possibly made, other than treating their Hun mercenaries like dirt.

Whether or not the Romans "invented" christianity, it's common knowledge* that the Romans were the ones responsible for its political success, globally. It was actually a really shrewd move but, unfortunately for the Romans, it turned out to be too little too late. A bandaid on the severed head of an empire that had already gone USA-2020 by then.

*common knowledge of the type - which faithfools are immune to

Followed by SIX PAGES of people calling P3nt on his bullshit.

The ones who clearly spoke up against it?

I stand corrected.  There was Twid, Nigel, and Waffle.  Three people.