News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

Atheists and White Supremacists

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, October 23, 2013, 04:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: V3X on October 24, 2013, 06:22:57 PM
Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on October 24, 2013, 06:15:56 PM
I don't have time to catch up on this thread this morning because I have a paper due, but I'm disappointed. The number of people who reacted with "FUCK OFF I DON'T RESPECT YOU ANYMORE" is disheartening. People I thought were intelligent are reacting with outright HATE because I suggested that identifying with a group that is defined by what it is not reflects insecurity.

Of course, that hate also reflects insecurity, which really just reinforces my point.

As for the images that are created by assholes, one of the things I tried to point out is the distinct LACK of outrage from the "atheist community" about them. In some cases, failing to reject something is tantamount to condoning it, and I see a lot of condoning.

As for the "I don't mean you" disclaimers, it's increasingly clear that I DO mean you, whichever OUTRAGED person you are who is just ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS that I dared imply that you're insecure.

Your outrage is a brilliant shining indicator of your insecurity.

There are better, brighter, and more interesting things about you than your belief that there's no God, or your membership in the club that gloats over those who don't share it. If you are reacting with outrage over the premise that people who identify as Atheists are insecure, you might want to re-evaluate what's really important to you about who you are.

If you say so, Nigel.

Substandard.  I mean, I give it a 7 for condescension, but the East German judge dinged you for lack of hairy sweaty cojones.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mr. Bear on October 24, 2013, 06:41:19 PM
So the primates win this round?

Dude, what planet are you on?

Of course the primates win.  The primates ALWAYS win.  Then we all sit back and say how great it is that we aren't like those stupid primates.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on October 24, 2013, 06:15:56 PM
I don't have time to catch up on this thread this morning because I have a paper due, but I'm disappointed. The number of people who reacted with "FUCK OFF I DON'T RESPECT YOU ANYMORE" is disheartening. People I thought were intelligent are reacting with outright HATE because I suggested that identifying with a group that is defined by what it is not reflects insecurity.

Of course, that hate also reflects insecurity, which really just reinforces my point.

As for the images that are created by assholes, one of the things I tried to point out is the distinct LACK of outrage from the "atheist community" about them. In some cases, failing to reject something is tantamount to condoning it, and I see a lot of condoning.

As for the "I don't mean you" disclaimers, it's increasingly clear that I DO mean you, whichever OUTRAGED person you are who is just ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS that I dared imply that you're insecure.

Your outrage is a brilliant shining indicator of your insecurity.

There are better, brighter, and more interesting things about you than your belief that there's no God, or your membership in the club that gloats over those who don't share it. If you are reacting with outrage over the premise that people who identify as Atheists are insecure, you might want to re-evaluate what's really important to you about who you are.

This, people. Stop digging heels and look at THIS.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on October 24, 2013, 06:41:37 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 24, 2013, 06:40:11 PM
HELLO?  WHERE DID EVERYONE GO?

Search function. Fuck F5.

Well, an hour ago, everyone was lined up to take shots at Nigel, for something that has been ESTABLISHED to be "NO BIG DEAL" and "NOT AN ISSUE".

But Nigel had to go do what Nigel has to do to make sure that she graduates, so here I am, with my pants around my ankles and my crazy hanging out, MORE THAN A LITTLE PISSED at the HUGE FUCKING DOUBLE STANDARD...

...And everyone's fucked off.  Nobody wants to play anymore.

I always miss the fun parts.  :sadbanana:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on October 24, 2013, 06:43:45 PM
This, people. Stop digging heels and look at THIS.

:tgrr:

DOUR,
Wants to watch shit burn.

Demolition Squid

Well, I can't talk for anyone else, but I sure know I'm not going to sit here and keep doing whatever the fuck this is.

Maybe I'll go get a beer or something.
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

tyrannosaurus vex

ARE YOU FEELING ATTACKED? HELD DOWN BY THE MAN? DOES YOUR INTERNET EXPERIENCE NOT LIVE UP TO YOUR EXPECTATIONS? ARE YOUR THEORIES AND DECLARATIONS QUESTIONED AT EVERY TURN? DO YOU OFTEN EXPERIENCE VICTIMIZATION AT THE HANDS OF INTENTIONALLY IGNORANT AND BELLIGERENT DIGITAL ASSWIPES WHO REFUSE TO SEE HOW RIGHT YOU ARE ALL THE TIME?

OUTRAGE MAY BE THE SOLUTION. ASK YOUR DOKTOR TODAY IF OUTRAGE IS RIGHT FOR YOU.

OUTRAGE MAY NOT FIX YOUR PROBLEM, BUT IT'LL FEEL GOOD FOR A LITTLE WHILE.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Demolition Squid on October 24, 2013, 06:45:29 PM

Well, I can't talk for anyone else, but I sure know I'm not going to sit here and keep doing whatever the fuck this is.

Maybe I'll go get a beer or something.

I see.  When it's a woman talking, everyone lines up for a slap.

When it's a guy, everyone has better things to do.

How very fucking fascinating.

The Good Reverend Roger

Hey, that was pretty fucking offensive, if I do say so myself.

But perhaps not unforgiveable.  It needs a little extra oomph.

BRB.

Ben Shapiro

Yeah so far from what I read, and understood is your indentities will be the end of you? Also they can ruin a great friendship. I have no horse in this race except maybe understanding the POV of the atheists who make those pics. Other than lol you're stupid for believing I see where the insecurity comes in. I thought the atheists in question are a minor like the feminists who shit on women and men.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mr. Bear on October 24, 2013, 06:48:28 PM
Yeah so far from what I read, and understood is your indentities will be the end of you? Also they can ruin a great friendship. I have no horse in this race except maybe understanding the POV of you more of the atheists who make those pics.

What it IS, is people who are gonna tell people WHAT, when the cause is fucking fashionable enough. 

:lulz:

Anna Mae Bollocks

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

I'm reading this thread but I'm having a hard time figuring it out.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

The Good Reverend Roger