News:

PD may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.  If PD splits open, do not look directly at resulting goo.  PD is still legal in 14 states.

Main Menu

Primerica

Started by Stupid Youngin, October 24, 2013, 04:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telarus

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 24, 2013, 05:19:32 PM
Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on October 24, 2013, 05:17:27 PM
Yep. Ponzi/pyramid. Nothing personal, but your friend is a chump.

And is setting up Stupid Youngin as the next patsy.

That's how these places operate.  "Sell everywhere.  Family, friends, strangers, everywhere."  When you get sucked in, you magically lose all your friends.

Someone here wrote an experience with this sort of thing (V3X?  Rat?  I can't remember who.)  It was awful.

Ah, the CutCo knives gambit. I appreciate the OP's patience and desire for more info, but I think you all have this right on the money.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Junkenstein

I really can't emphasise how much of a scam the thing is. Others beat me to it and are bang on the money.

I ended up going to about 5/6 interviews in a row all for similar kind of things to this. Fortunatley I had a relatively good nose for such things due to prior... experiences.

His "friend" is about 95% likely to pitch him as his friend is already thinking of him as a paycheck. Sorry, but I'd bet organs on it. It's shitty, sucks in people desperate for work and always, always ends badly. Try and get your friend out if they're worth the effort. If they won't concede it might be a little shady, say goodbye for good while.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Telarus on October 24, 2013, 06:44:03 PM

That's how these places operate.  "Sell everywhere.  Family, friends, strangers, everywhere."  When you get sucked in, you magically lose all your friends.

Someone here wrote an experience with this sort of thing (V3X?  Rat?  I can't remember who.)  It was awful.

Ah, the CutCo knives gambit. I appreciate the OP's patience and desire for more info, but I think you all have this right on the money.

Was that you?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Telarus

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 24, 2013, 11:34:14 PM

Was that you?

I've had multiple friends come over to "test their pitch" in the last few years. They prey on college age people, students or not, up here in Oregon. Kirby Vacuum cleaners also operates up here on this model.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

East Coast Hustle

On the other hand, those ARE good knives.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Junkenstein

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on October 24, 2013, 11:53:34 PM

On the other hand, those ARE good knives.

Just HOW GOOD are they?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Telarus on October 24, 2013, 11:52:48 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 24, 2013, 11:34:14 PM

Was that you?

I've had multiple friends come over to "test their pitch" in the last few years. They prey on college age people, students or not, up here in Oregon. Kirby Vacuum cleaners also operates up here on this model.

Someone here got sucked into that.  They wrote about their experience, it was pretty heart-wrenching.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Anna Mae Bollocks

There was one they tried to suck me into in Salem called New Skin or NuSkin or something. And I'm pretty sure HerbaLife is one, too.

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Well, I no longer care.  The OP is over at FizzyGrizzly comparing us to beatniks.

So fuck him.  Let him stick his dick in the meatgrinder.  Someone will be along to turn the crank for him eventually.  I can't be bothered.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 25, 2013, 12:57:22 AM
Well, I no longer care.  The OP is over at FizzyGrizzly comparing us to beatniks.

So fuck him.  Let him stick his dick in the meatgrinder.  Someone will be along to turn the crank for him eventually.  I can't be bothered.

Beatniks are AWESOME, though.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on October 25, 2013, 01:10:32 AM

Beatniks are AWESOME, though.

It's the thought that counts, for good or for ill.

Stupid Youngin

you're acting as if I just insulted your first born or something. Calm yourself brother. I mean dick in a meat grinder? Couldn't we solve this with a chopping block and meat cleaver just to make it short and sweet?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Stupid Youngin on October 25, 2013, 02:32:39 AM

you're acting as if I just insulted your first born or something. Calm yourself brother. I mean dick in a meat grinder? Couldn't we solve this with a chopping block and meat cleaver just to make it short and sweet?

We're fairly industrialized over here.

Stupid Youngin

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 25, 2013, 02:34:15 AM

if I go to this meeting, you have full permission to feed me through a wood chipper

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Stupid Youngin on October 25, 2013, 02:36:28 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 25, 2013, 02:34:15 AM

if I go to this meeting, you have full permission to feed me through a wood chipper

Feet first, per standard.