have you ever invented a word?

Started by rong, October 28, 2013, 11:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rong

Well, have you?

Share it here.

I just came up with 'erogenius' and I'm rather proud of myself.
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Eater of Clowns

Pthlblatflema

Hrikstynflkshmor

Glrptmrktndrnd

Aaaaaaaaaathrn

Shome

Mkmkmkmkmkmk
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

rong

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I didn't invent horrormirth, but I did prompt its invention.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Nephew Twiddleton

Grand Quatepec: a fake military dictatorship position probably best described as Admiralissimo

doobish: stupid, moronic

wizzle wazzle: something like unintended but necessary directional shift
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Q. G. Pennyworth

Not mine but

Helpy: (adj) hindering progress while earnestly attempting to help. "Little Timmy was being helpy with the blocks and it took twice as long to clean up."

rong

That's a good one.

Couple more:

Preposterone - contributes to a person's level of preposterousness.

Farty Butt - not really a made up word, but my favorite way to describe persistent flatulence.  "I can't come in to work today, I have a severe case of farty butt"

Lloydering - (named after my boss) extending a meeting past all relevance and usefulness to those in attendance.  Once you realize a meeting has turned into Lloydering, a fun challenge is to see just how long you can keep it going.

Neverything - not sure exactly what this means, but I like the word and there's an idea in there somewhere.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: rong on October 29, 2013, 02:09:05 PM
Lloydering - (named after my boss) extending a meeting past all relevance and usefulness to those in attendance.  Once you realize a meeting has turned into Lloydering, a fun challenge is to see just how long you can keep it going.

:potd: and :potd: and :potd:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Neverything: the thing that is wrong when nothing in particular is actually wrong, but the whole world feels bad and you'd like to hit it with a hammer.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Oh! While we're at this, can we correct a mistake Cracked made? They did an article of made up words and one of them was "unboring," which is a stupid fucking word and I think we can do better. Here's the definition, which I think is awesome:

(adj) Something that used to be dull until you started researching it, and suddenly is the most interesting thing in the world. "I was up all night on wikipedia and now sloths are __________."

LMNO

A co-invention between Mangrove and myself was, of course, "scrid".

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on October 29, 2013, 02:10:37 PM
Quote from: rong on October 29, 2013, 02:09:05 PM

:potd: and :potd: and :potd:

Yeah, this one is pretty much the best one. It literally has that personal touch.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

rong

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 29, 2013, 02:17:07 PM
Oh! While we're at this, can we correct a mistake Cracked made? They did an article of made up words and one of them was "unboring," which is a stupid fucking word and I think we can do better. Here's the definition, which I think is awesome:

(adj) Something that used to be dull until you started researching it, and suddenly is the most interesting thing in the world. "I was up all night on wikipedia and now sloths are __________."

How 'bout "knowsome" - now that I 'know' it's 'awesome'

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: rong on October 29, 2013, 02:23:53 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 29, 2013, 02:17:07 PM

How 'bout "knowsome" - now that I 'know' it's 'awesome'

Better than "unboring" but I don't know if it's quite there yet? Apatastic, maybe? (apata = deceptive + fantastic)