News:

That line from the father's song in Mary Poppins, where he's going on about how nothing can go wrong, in Britain in 1910.  That's about the point I realized the boy was gonna die in a trench.

Main Menu

Your top 4 threads

Started by Golden Applesauce, November 01, 2013, 01:17:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

I remembered the 4th one. Wandering Furby thread.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

hooplala

Likely the only thing of merit I've posted is the Sacred Bull, which was channeled through a charismatic sociopath.  As Hoopla, I mostly just whine.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

East Coast Hustle

I don't know that I've EVER posted any original writing here that's worth a damn except for the piece of mine in the BIP.

What I do know is that if I had to pick 4 threads from all of PD's history, three of them might change according to mood or weather but the goddamn Nessie thread will always be my pick for best thread of all time.

ETA: that's not necessarily true, I thought my piece about my dad was pretty good, but I can't find it using the site's search engine.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

30 Days of Eris
LMNO-PI
At least one of the Spider games
Chao te Ching
Welcome to Prison

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on November 01, 2013, 09:59:42 PM
I don't know that I've EVER posted any original writing here that's worth a damn except for the piece of mine in the BIP.

What I do know is that if I had to pick 4 threads from all of PD's history, three of them might change according to mood or weather but the goddamn Nessie thread will always be my pick for best thread of all time.

ETA: that's not necessarily true, I thought my piece about my dad was pretty good, but I can't find it using the site's search engine.

You wrote a story, IIRC, and you wrote something about being a chef, and something about the VI.  That was a long time ago, but I remember enjoying the VI stuff in particular.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Yeah, some sort of homecoming, going to bars, getting shot at... you know, typical ECH stuff.

East Coast Hustle

Yeah, I never finished it so I don't count it as being worth a damn. Plus when I go back and read it now it makes me cringe a bit. I'm probably too hypercritical of my own writing.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on November 04, 2013, 08:52:27 PM
Yeah, I never finished it so I don't count it as being worth a damn. Plus when I go back and read it now it makes me cringe a bit. I'm probably too hypercritical of my own writing.

I feel that way about most of the psycho letters.  There were one or two nuggets in that puddle of diarrhea I wrote, but most of it was just cold poop.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 04, 2013, 09:07:15 PM

I feel that way about most of the psycho letters.  There were one or two nuggets in that puddle of diarrhea I wrote, but most of it was just cold poop.

Yep. Goes for almost everything I've ever written for me.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on November 04, 2013, 09:25:13 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 04, 2013, 09:07:15 PM

Yep. Goes for almost everything I've ever written for me.

Balls.  You've written some good stuff.  Nessies comes to mind.

Nephew Twiddleton

I actually really liked that and hoped that you continued with it. Matter of fact I was thinking about that thread the other day. Can't remember what it was called, can you bump it?

Nephew Twiddleton

Also, LMNO, I friggin' loved spiders. I even skipped work one day for the one where I was one of the Discordians and Roger was one of the spiders, because we had a rather lively and engaging back and forth.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 04, 2013, 09:27:56 PM

I actually really liked that and hoped that you continued with it. Matter of fact I was thinking about that thread the other day. Can't remember what it was called, can you bump it?

And you know, we all feel doubts about our stuff, and are hypercritical about it, but hell, every so often I'll think about someone's thread, and go, "man, I wish I knew what that thread was called so I could reread it." Yours was definitely one of those. I particularly liked the part where the guy who wasn't supposed to be there was running the door and you told him to fuck off.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't think I can really respond to this thread... I couldn't pick four favorites.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."