News:

PD.Com: Pretention in a can.

Main Menu

ATTN: DOUR

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, November 05, 2013, 04:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

MILLIONS OF SCREAMING YAHOOS VOL. 1 is THA BOMB. Is there going to be a volume 2? I want to see the transition from mook to cop, and the jar of teeth. This thing is fucking mythic. Starts out chilling (hits the ground running, holy fuck) and transitions to horrormirth.

Somebody told me years ago that meth labs are generally run[/] by bikers, but they're owned by judges and high law enforcement, who have their finger in all kinds of shit. Sounds about right, but I've never seen a comic about it. The puking is an especially nice touch. :lol: And the goats. And it's got Curly and Nigel in the text. What's not to love?

Kim kicked ass with the art. I'd have been sitting there going "How the fuck do I draw THAT?"  :lulz: Fucking BRAVO.

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Unfortunately, there will be no volume II, because 3 different people (including the artist from #1) flaked out on me.  I gave up years ago.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Too many flakes running around this world.  :x Too bad, because the rants work great in that format, the story is DONE, all anybody has to do it DRAW. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on November 05, 2013, 04:53:47 PM
Too many flakes running around this world.  :x Too bad, because the rants work great in that format, the story is DONE, all anybody has to do it DRAW.

Except that drawing in panel format is BEASTLY.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

hooplala

I'm not at all surprised you've had a hard time finding people to actually draw... Comics are fucking HARD.  I don't even have the gumption to illustrate my own work, I have no idea how one would convince someone else to draw their work for them.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on November 05, 2013, 05:38:08 PM
I'm not at all surprised you've had a hard time finding people to actually draw... Comics are fucking HARD.  I don't even have the gumption to illustrate my own work, I have no idea how one would convince someone else to draw their work for them.

Money didn't even work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 05, 2013, 05:30:23 PM

Yeah.

A lot of portrait artists charge by the head. It's work. A sketch of two kids is as much work as two portrait sketches.

There's heads all over those pages.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on November 05, 2013, 10:45:55 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 05, 2013, 05:30:23 PM

Yeah.

A lot of portrait artists charge by the head. It's work. A sketch of two kids is as much work as two portrait sketches.

There's heads all over those pages.

That was the primary criticism (we had no idea what we were doing), that it was a collection of heads.

Accomplished comic artists who have proven their ability to draw AND to make deadline make $100/page, drawn and inked (color is more, and usually involves another person, as does inking on occasion).

The reason that number is so high is:

1.  A drawn and inked page/day is a horrendous load, and

2.  There are so few people that have the discipline to do the job.  Talent grows on trees.  The work ethic does not.