News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

Cooking with Remington: Nuclear Chicken

Started by Remington, November 07, 2013, 10:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remington

This is a really simple dry-rub spice mixture for chicken. The spiciness can be easily adjusted without changing the flavour too much, so it's good if you have some people in your family that don't like spicy food and others that do. Goes well with rice or baked potato.

Ingredients
3 or 4 chicken breasts (1 chicken breast = 1 person, more or less)
2 1/2 TBSP Paprika
2 TBSP Garlic Powder
1/2 TBSP Seasoning Salt
1 TBSP Onion Powder
1 TBSP Dried Thyme (Powdered > Whole for me but your tastes may differ)
1 TBSP Ground Black Pepper
2 TBSP Chili Powder
1/2 TSP Cayenne Powder*

*Cayenne can be eliminated to produce low-spicy version without affecting taste too much. Can also be increased for MOAR FUN IN YOUR MOUTH

Preparation

1. Prepare spice mixture by mixing together all non-chicken ingredients.

2. Add as much Cayenne pepper as you dare.

3. Cut up chicken breasts into strips or chunks. If you prefer, you can also keep them whole although you will get less spice on the breasts that way.

4. Cover the chicken breasts in delicious spices.

5. Add a slight amount of olive oil to a pan. Cook chicken on low-to-medium heat, flipping once. You should be aiming for when the spice mixture starts to darken, just before it burns.

6. Serve with rice/whatever side you want. Tends to go really well with/on top of Jasmine rice.

Is it plugged in?

East Coast Hustle

Nevermind all that.

REMINGTON?!? IS THAT REALLY YOU?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Nephew Twiddleton

Holy shit, it's Remmy and he looks different.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Remington

Like all Canadians, I've been in hibernation throughout the Summer. Our species survives on a diet of snow and ice, so I've spent the summer in a coma in the frozen goods section of a Walmart in Montana. Now that the snows have returned to Canuckistan, I have awakened.
Is it plugged in?

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Remington on November 08, 2013, 12:44:42 AM
Like all Canadians, I've been in hibernation throughout the Summer. Our species survives on a diet of snow and ice, so I've spent the summer in a coma in the frozen goods section of a Walmart in Montana. Now that the snows have returned to Canuckistan, I have awakened.

Welcome back, sir. Don't let spring put you to sleep.

Twid,
Happy to see you again

Eater of Clowns

That's not actually Remington.

There's nary a sister photobombing to be found.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

PROTIP: don't sneak back in with a recipe. The Discordians will be too overjoyed by your safe return to notice what the hell you're cooking.

Nephew Twiddleton

It does look pretty damn tasty though. Ok, I take it back. I'll cook this shit.

East Coast Hustle

Oddly enough, that's actually very close to my go-to spice rub that works on just about any piece of protein. In fact, the only differences are that I use kosher salt instead of seasoned salt and I omit the onion powder and add a little brown sugar. Remy, you don't happen to work in a kitchen in Washington state for a company that's retardedly successful in spite of their complete cluelessness, do you?

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Kai

Remmington! Still think about that meet up in Toronto sometimes. Good to see you!  :)
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

LMNO

Looks good.  I'm going to have to try this.

Also, welcome back, Rmy.  Go fuck yourself.

tyrannosaurus vex

I thought this thread was going to be about the Cuban Missile Crisis :(
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Remington

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on November 08, 2013, 09:04:10 AM
Oddly enough, that's actually very close to my go-to spice rub that works on just about any piece of protein. In fact, the only differences are that I use kosher salt instead of seasoned salt and I omit the onion powder and add a little brown sugar. Remy, you don't happen to work in a kitchen in Washington state for a company that's retardedly successful in spite of their complete cluelessness, do you?
Nope! Found it here and modified it slightly (less salt, substitue chili powder for most of the cayenne).

Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 08, 2013, 06:02:15 AM
It does look pretty damn tasty though. Ok, I take it back. I'll cook this shit.

Let me know how it goes! I'll post a few more recipes that we do often.

Question for ECH: is posting recipes from a commercially sold cookbook allowed, if proper citation is given?
Is it plugged in?

East Coast Hustle

Y'know, I don't have an accurate technical legal answer for that, but I really don't mind and I seriously doubt anyone will fuck with us about it. And if they do I'll happily remove the offending post at that time. No biggie.