News:

Just 'cause this is a Discordian board doesn't mean we eat up dada bullshit

Main Menu

Is there some kind of legal STFU order?

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, November 08, 2013, 04:17:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

Kind of like a cease and desist, but not about intellectual property?

What it is, is some friends have a psycho older half sister (same mom). Their dad (deceased) was a musician, pretty well-known. Never legally adopted the half sister but she uses his last name, swears she's his natural daughter and runs around the internet telling people all kinds of crazy lies, saying his real kids are strung out, gay (they're not), whatever else she can think of. She's mad at them because they don't want anything to do with her, but you can see why. She's done it at online article comments, blogs, youtube comments, facebook, she even went to the Find A Grave memorial page and did it.

Most of the time you can get people to remove this stuff, but it's a time consuming pain in the ass. And even when you can't, birth records are public, just link to it, but this crap is everywhere and you never know where it's going to pop up next.

And there's another one, one of their dad's old groupies that tells everybody she was his wife and uses his name. That one's an online annoying piece of work too.

Anyway, nobody wants a court battle or any of that, just wondering if there's some kind of letter to make them shut their cake hole.

Thanks in advance.  :)
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Ben Shapiro

Slander? Is the only thing that comes to mind to me.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Well yeah, but they don't want to go through a whole lawsuit. I'm trying to find out if there's some kind of pre-suit letter.

Like you send to people who plagiarize your blog to make them take the shit down and knock it off, only the situation is different.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on November 08, 2013, 04:17:41 AM
Kind of like a cease and desist, but not about intellectual property?

What it is, is some friends have a psycho older half sister (same mom). Their dad (deceased) was a musician, pretty well-known. Never legally adopted the half sister but she uses his last name, swears she's his natural daughter and runs around the internet telling people all kinds of crazy lies, saying his real kids are strung out, gay (they're not), whatever else she can think of. She's mad at them because they don't want anything to do with her, but you can see why. She's done it at online article comments, blogs, youtube comments, facebook, she even went to the Find A Grave memorial page and did it.

Most of the time you can get people to remove this stuff, but it's a time consuming pain in the ass. And even when you can't, birth records are public, just link to it, but this crap is everywhere and you never know where it's going to pop up next.

And there's another one, one of their dad's old groupies that tells everybody she was his wife and uses his name. That one's an online annoying piece of work too.

Anyway, nobody wants a court battle or any of that, just wondering if there's some kind of letter to make them shut their cake hole.

Thanks in advance.  :)

Ask a lawyer: http://www.law.cornell.edu/justanswer_interstitial
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on November 08, 2013, 05:45:19 AM
Well yeah, but they don't want to go through a whole lawsuit. I'm trying to find out if there's some kind of pre-suit letter.

Like you send to people who plagiarize your blog to make them take the shit down and knock it off, only the situation is different.

Yes, it's called a cease-and-desist letter.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

That should do it! Oh hell yes.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

I wish I could Nigel like Nigel.  :lol:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on November 08, 2013, 06:22:12 AM

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

:lol:

With New and Improved Nigel, YOU TOO can Nigel ANYTIME, ANYPLACE!

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 08, 2013, 06:37:56 AM
Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on November 08, 2013, 06:22:12 AM

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

:lol:

With New and Improved Nigel, YOU TOO can Nigel ANYTIME, ANYPLACE!

Tired of the the incessant screeching of assbolts? New and Improved Nigel GETS THEM OUT! New and Improved Nigel is highly concentrated, handle with extreme caution. See a doctor if the skin blisters or comes off.  :lol: :lol:

Ben Shapiro

Anna Mae Bollocks