News:

PD.com: The combined word for "horror" and "mirth"

Main Menu

Times of Night

Started by Red, March 15, 2014, 05:55:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red

I feel the clock needs to have better names for the times of night. I have been on graveyard shift so long that these nicknames have stuck in my head... maybe they will help someone? Probably not. Either way the aristrocrats renamed times!

8 Pm: Finally Awake O'clock (The sun is gone. Hooray!)
9 Pm: "Normal" bedtime O'clock (AKA "Silence of the norms.")
10 Pm: Still early O'clock (Damnit, why is everything closed?)
11 PM: Night is young O'clock (What? You're tired already?)
12 AM: Midnight (AKA "The Pumpkin hour")
1 Am: Getting Started O'clock (Sleep is for the WEAK.)
2 AM:  Time Warp o'clock (Wait, where did 1 AM go?)
3 AM: Awesome O'clock (the time in which you find the awesome)
4 AM: Derp O'clock (the time in which your brain becomes oatmeal)
5 Am: gotobed O'clock (smile.jpg)
6 AM: Too Damn Early O'clock (only old farts and the damned are up)
7 AM: Curse the SUN O'clock (SKREEE! HISS!!)

And that's my night. Currently it's just passing out of time warp and into awesome.

The Johnny

i dont de facto work graveyard, but i choose to do so because thats when the less noise happens in the world and also less interference... peak efficiency runs from around 9pm to 3am...

your mileage might vary depending if one uses noise cancelling plugs and headphones, tinfoil on windows and if you have noisy/nosy neighbours... and taking into account the few (but important) early, dreadful and miserable early calls.

id add one name to a particular hour, given that you have to face the sun for any reason:

8am: "I-regret-everything-o-clock"
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Red

Quote from: The Johnny on March 15, 2014, 08:42:56 AM
i dont de facto work graveyard, but i choose to do so because thats when the less noise happens in the world and also less interference... peak efficiency runs from around 9pm to 3am...

Indeed- The quiet, lack of interference and great efficiency is part of why I love the night! I'm also ultra super pale, sunburn easy, and am 100% not a morning person. Mix it all and working at night makes good sense.

Yes! I Regret Everything o'clock is a great one to add. I think I have only been up that late a few times, mostly due to all night gaming sessions and/or broken hearts. Man, the regret just seeps through it all even if you had a good time. On the bright side, you can snag fresh doughnuts or one of those awesome Chick-Fil-A bagels at this time.

What should 9 AM be? "Way-Past-My-Bedtime-O-clock"?

The Johnny

Quote from: Red on March 17, 2014, 06:52:30 AM
Quote from: The Johnny on March 15, 2014, 08:42:56 AM

Indeed- The quiet, lack of interference and great efficiency is part of why I love the night! I'm also ultra super pale, sunburn easy, and am 100% not a morning person. Mix it all and working at night makes good sense.

Yes! I Regret Everything o'clock is a great one to add. I think I have only been up that late a few times, mostly due to all night gaming sessions and/or broken hearts. Man, the regret just seeps through it all even if you had a good time. On the bright side, you can snag fresh doughnuts or one of those awesome Chick-Fil-A bagels at this time.

What should 9 AM be? "Way-Past-My-Bedtime-O-clock"?

Well i do like my paleness (im a bit guilty of aesthetical racism, i like white skin, but i dont go beyond that), but im not sure that generates a Vitamin D deficiency over a long time... im fine though, since some 2-3 times a week im forced into the sun - considering how harsh the Sun is becoming with the depletion of UV shield layer ozone thingy, it might even be healthy.

If one is "smart" enough (and by that i mean dumb) to stay awake all night and then have a busy day the next one, then its time to do the Zombie Hop  :fnord:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ2E8-XoeLU

because in all honesty, staying awake beyond a light change (either from light to dark or dark to light) really changes ones mental state - one can (and i have) done physical or routine tasks in that state, but any kind of intellectual task, reading or planning is just a no-no situation... so one becomes a shambling undead, zombie like unthinking thing.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner