News:

CAN'T A BROTHER GET A LITTLE PEACE?

Main Menu

I just want a little America™. That's all.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 13, 2013, 09:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Payne

As I prepare for the sleep deprived pillaging of the entire length of this green and pleasant land, I feel like I could do with The Bong Injection.

Alas and alack, I have no syringes.

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Suu on November 14, 2013, 02:42:17 PM
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_vault/2013/11/12/louella_gallagher_texas_mom_in_1950_newsreel_throws_knives_at_her_daughters.html?utm_content=buffer1a828&utm_source=buffer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer

My history department just posted this gem on Facebook. It's a newsreel from the 50s of a mother throwing knives around her kids.

Can't people have a little FAMILY FUN in the back yard? And if each one of those people watching paid a nickel, a NINETEEN FIFTIES NICKEL, there's the rent right there! You want people to be on WELFARE or something? 

Those little girls seem HAPPY. We TOUGHEN OUR KIDS UP. We had a proud tradition here of teaching kids to swim by throwing them in the river until some pencil necked yankees decided we had ALL THE WRONG VALUES. But just you wait till we SECEDE.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Tiddleywomp Cockletit on November 14, 2013, 04:56:19 PM
Quote from: Suu on November 14, 2013, 02:42:17 PM
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_vault/2013/11/12/louella_gallagher_texas_mom_in_1950_newsreel_throws_knives_at_her_daughters.html?utm_content=buffer1a828&utm_source=buffer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer

My history department just posted this gem on Facebook. It's a newsreel from the 50s of a mother throwing knives around her kids.

Can't people have a little FAMILY FUN in the back yard? And if each one of those people watching paid a nickel, a NINETEEN FIFTIES NICKEL, there's the rent right there! You want people to be on WELFARE or something? 

Those little girls seem HAPPY. We TOUGHEN OUR KIDS UP. We had a proud tradition here of teaching kids to swim by throwing them in the river until some pencil necked yankees decided we had ALL THE WRONG VALUES. But just you wait till we SECEDE.
Knifethrowing, if the thrower practiced extensively (as it seems to be in this example), is quite safe.
Silly, but safe.
Besides, as you can see one of the knifes didn't stick in the wood and fell on the child. The child didn't even blink so the knifes are quite dull (and the wood must be quite soft, but that is a technicality).
Sure, if everybody just started doing it it would lead to some collateral damage, but that is statistics, not a symptom of inherently bad parenting.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Remington

Is it plugged in?