News:

There's a sucker born every minute... and you are right on time.

Main Menu

Mommy Shaming

Started by Dildo Argentino, November 13, 2013, 04:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Golden Applesauce on November 19, 2013, 12:28:54 AM
On one hand, I feel like I ought to say something about criticizing someone on how many children they have is a form of mommy shaming / slut shaming in itself.

On the other hand, I don't like Holist very much.

Sometimes you just have to dive in the gutter and wallow.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 19, 2013, 12:31:11 AM
Quote from: Golden Applesauce on November 19, 2013, 12:29:27 AM
Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 19, 2013, 12:26:07 AM
Quite honestly though, I'm  missing the joke there.

(babies by yourself -> asexual reproduction)

Oh, I actually did get it?  :)

You win an interbutts.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 19, 2013, 12:31:44 AM
On one hand, I feel like I ought to say something about criticizing someone on how many children they have is a form of mommy shaming / slut shaming in itself.

Oh, definitely. I don't think I'm in the mood tonight, though. I *might* be able to push some new content out over in TFY;S if I try, but don't hold your breath.

Is this thing on? Good, now
LISTEN UP SCHMUCKS:
The next time you feel the need to tell someone off for having so many kids,
I want you to imagine walking up to their youngest daughter,
four years old, and telling her:

Your mommy and daddy are bad parents because they chose to have you.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Golden Applesauce on November 19, 2013, 12:54:52 AM

Oh, definitely. I don't think I'm in the mood tonight, though. I *might* be able to push some new content out over in TFY;S if I try, but don't hold your breath.

LISTEN UP SCHMUCKS:

Stack it up next to shitbreath telling Nigel and QG what bad mommies they are.

Cry me a river.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Golden Applesauce on November 19, 2013, 12:54:52 AM

LISTEN UP SCHMUCKS:

Yes, because pointing out that adding an excessive amount of children per couple in an overpopulated world is irresponsible is the same as telling the youngest kid that they shouldn't exist.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Let's put it this way.

When I hear about people having more than 3 children, I feel like I shouldn't reproduce at all because they already had kids for me and it would be irresponsible of ME to have any myself.

You know, tragedy of the commons and all that shit.

The Good Reverend Roger

Pffft.

GA saw a chance for a cheap shot.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 19, 2013, 01:11:05 AM
Pffft.

GA saw a chance for a cheap shot.

I understand the sentiment behind it, but, come on. There's clearly a point where a vasectomy is recommended.

The Good Reverend Roger

Let's just try GA's "logic" out on some other social issues, shall we?

"If you don't agree with Israel's policies, I want to imagine you taking a shit on a mass grave at Auschwitz."

"If you don't hate all cops, I want you to imagine telling Rodney King to walk it off."

"If you don't agree with WalMart's HR policies, I want you to imagine slipping Stalin a bit of tongue."

Q. G. Pennyworth

It is another form of mommy shaming. You don't know what led to them having a bigger family, and being a judgey concern troll about it isn't something to be proud of.

Birthrates in the US are well below replacement levels, even with some people having "more than their share."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on November 19, 2013, 01:14:45 AM
It is another form of mommy shaming. You don't know what led to them having a bigger family, and being a judgey concern troll about it isn't something to be proud of.

Birthrates in the US are well below replacement levels, even with some people having "more than their share."

Not the point.  GA saw a chance to get a "gotcha" in.  That's what he was here for.

It's what he does.

The Good Reverend Roger

Also, with a WORLD population of 7.23 Bn people, why NOT cram people into every available space?

But pointing that out is JUST THE SAME as saying rotten shit to a 4 year old.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on November 19, 2013, 01:14:45 AM

I flat out asked him. He refused to answer and decided to call me daft instead. Even if US birthrates are below replacement rate, that doesn't take into consideration how much of the world's resources the US consumes, and why a reduction in US population (or UK population, in this case) would kinda be a good thing.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That's a good point.

But as long as he's accusing everyone else of being terrible parents for arbitrary reasons, why not?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 19, 2013, 01:19:53 AM

That's a good point.

But as long as he's accusing everyone else of being terrible parents for arbitrary reasons, why not?

Check out shithead's follow up post.