Licenced Jenkem provider since 2007

Main Menu

Mommy Shaming

Started by Dildo Argentino, November 13, 2013, 04:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Thanks DOUR.

All kids are square pegs. All kids meet a world full of round holes. Their reactions to the world trying to shape them into something they're not vary wildly based on temperament, but no kid is born exactly what society wants them to be. Quiet kids are encouraged, shamed, or bullied into being more social; loud kids are shushed; violent kids are put in time out and prison; friendly kids get Stranger Danger lectures.

The Little Man has had it rough. His parents are divorced, he recently lost his grandmother, and he's got another grandparent with a foot out the door. His mom went through a serious rough patch last spring, and now he's in a new school. He is hard because the world is hard and he knows it.

But let me make this very clear: The Little Man was a ball of FUCK YOU from the moment he was born, and no fluffy bullshit would have changed that fact. He is a force of nature unto himself, and my only goal as a parent is to help him learn to direct that energy towards accomplishing his goals instead of screeching like a monkey about every damn thing.

And if you ever, ever use a shitty phrase like "Self-righteous, opinionated child-abusers" to describe myself or anyone else on this board again, I am calling Jimmy Walnuts.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: holist on November 14, 2013, 06:12:58 AM
That said, I am finding it generally very difficult to square your description of the Little Man with what I know about basic decency towards kids and its effects. I'm in no way interested in shaming anyone who is aware that they are doing less than perfectly with their kids and struggle to improve. Self-righteous, opinionated child-abusers, yes. I don't mind shaming them.

Stupid fucking hippie.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on November 14, 2013, 01:58:50 PM
And if you ever, ever use a shitty phrase like "Self-righteous, opinionated child-abusers" to describe myself or anyone else on this board again, I am calling Jimmy Walnuts.

REMEMBER, KIDS!  There's only ONE proper way to parent, and our aspiring guru Holist represents that method!  If you don't listen to him, you're a BAD PARENT!

And if your kid has a defiant attitude towards the world, he's homeless.  Or words to that effect.

LMNO

The child's humours must be out of balance.  I suggest leeches and a sulphur enema.

Nephew Twiddleton

Somewhat off topic but dear god man why do you have so many children?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 14, 2013, 02:08:24 PM
The child's humours must be out of balance.  I suggest leeches and a sulphur enema.

And a gallon of patchouli.

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 14, 2013, 02:09:29 PM

Law of averages.  One of them will eventually act the way he wants it to.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 14, 2013, 02:09:29 PM

"hippie"

I'm just hoping he hasn't named them all Farimir and Gandalf and shit like that.  Or Moonbeam.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 14, 2013, 02:04:00 PM
That said, I am finding it generally very difficult to square your description of the Little Man with what I know about basic decency towards kids and its effects. I'm in no way interested in shaming anyone who is aware that they are doing less than perfectly with their kids and struggle to improve. Self-righteous, opinionated child-abusers, yes. I don't mind shaming them.

Stupid fucking hippie.

I like how he equates "less than perfect" with abuse and neglect.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on November 14, 2013, 02:11:39 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 14, 2013, 02:04:00 PM

Stupid fucking hippie.

I like how he equates "less than perfect" with abuse and neglect.

Well, HE is perfect.  What the hell is keeping YOU from being perfect?

:lulz:

PREDICTION:  This thread's direction will somehow be my fault.  It certainly isn't because of his inability to communicate/insane arrogance/all of the above. 

LMNO

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 14, 2013, 02:14:04 PM
PREDICTION:  This thread's direction will somehow be my fault.  It certainly isn't because of his inability to communicate/insane arrogance/all of the above.

DOUR™: Does exactly what is says on the tin.  Only, the tin is covered with hair, so you can't read anything.

The Good Reverend Roger

Also, it's not important that the kid be a person.  It is important how YOU rate as a PARENT.

Because that is what this is all about.  Holist is here to show you that he is a BETTER PARENT than ANY OF US.

Reginald Ret

I think holist lives in a perfect world, it is the only explanation that isn't based on him being delusional.
In his world the entire social context for children is supportive and positive.
I wish I lived in that world.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 14, 2013, 02:15:35 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 14, 2013, 02:14:04 PM

DOUR™: Does exactly what is says on the tin.  Only, the tin is covered with hair, so you can't read anything.

That's hardly my fault.