News:

PD.com: Taoism in a clown costume.

Main Menu

Mommy Shaming

Started by Dildo Argentino, November 13, 2013, 04:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: :regret: on November 14, 2013, 02:17:25 PM
I think holist lives in a perfect world, it is the only explanation that isn't based on him being delusional.
In his world the entire social context for children is supportive and positive.
I wish I lived in that world.

I think he's a nutbag who turns EVERYTHING HE SEES into a dominance game.

He's just, you know, not any good at it.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Q. G. Pennyworth

holist reminds me of the 40 year old guy who went to UMass with me and spent all his time hanging out with 20 year olds and pretending that he was wiser than us because he spent two decades working industrial jobs. He tried to tell me what the meaning of life was, once, and was surprised when I told him to fuck off.

Nephew Twiddleton

I would be interested in hearing holists line of thinking that lead to his socially and ecologically irresponsible decision to aim for a reproduction rate that high.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on November 14, 2013, 02:20:16 PM
holist reminds me of the 40 year old guy who went to UMass with me and spent all his time hanging out with 20 year olds and pretending that he was wiser than us because he spent two decades working industrial jobs. He tried to tell me what the meaning of life was, once, and was surprised when I told him to fuck off.

:lulz:

That's awesome, because I'm a 45 year old guy who's worked industrial maintenance for the better part of 20 years (with a few breaks for bad behavior), and I don't know SHIT about the meaning of life. 

As an aside, most of my friends are late 20s/30 something or 60 something.  Because all the people within 10 years of my age either way in Tucson are useless boring drunks.  But I don't try to tell anyone the meaning of life because it seems to change every time I almost figure it out.

So I settled on HAVE FUN, KILL A MOTHERFUCKER, and DON'T WORRY ABOUT USELESS SHIT LIKE "THE MEANING OF LIFE".  Oh, and "WHY THE FUCK WON'T THIS GODDAMN ROTARY KILN WORK PROPERLY?"

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 14, 2013, 02:21:36 PM
I would be interested in hearing holists line of thinking that lead to his socially and ecologically irresponsible decision to aim for a reproduction rate that high.

Well, if he can't attract a following, he can just GROW one.

LMNO

Hold on... People don't know the meaning of life?  It's quite simple.

"People aren't wearing enough hats."
                                           \

Golden Applesauce

Dear Holist:

Fuck you.

GA,
Former suicidal child, awesome and amazing parents
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 13, 2013, 08:05:08 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on November 13, 2013, 08:02:51 PM
I do not know how you would possibly go about encouraging someone to be that.

It's genetic.  Barbarians like QG are naturally going to have children who will one day burn Rome down, plunging the world into a thousand years of night.  With a smile and a wink.

Fun fact: the husband is descended from the nice folks who burned Rome down!

Suu

So when do we get to start the Smelly Worthless Hippy Fathers Who Don't Know How to Use Condoms thread? I mean, since Holist seems so adamant on telling the women of this board how to parent, we should really return the favor.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Suu on November 14, 2013, 03:39:22 PM
So when do we get to start the Smelly Worthless Hippy Fathers Who Don't Know How to Use Condoms thread? I mean, since Holist seems so adamant on telling the women of this board how to parent, we should really return the favor.

But you're women.   :sad:

Suu

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 14, 2013, 03:39:54 PM

Oh, right.

Sorry.

...I'll get back in the kitchen now. Gosh these tile floors are cold.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Q. G. Pennyworth

But Suu, he already feels bad about his own shortcomings, so now he gets to yell at everyone else for theirs! Even if he doesn't know them! Even if his own problems might not even be things that are worth feeling bad about! Since he feels bad about it, now everyone else needs to, too!

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 14, 2013, 02:25:25 PM
Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 14, 2013, 02:21:36 PM

Well, if he can't attract a following, he can just GROW one.

That explains his mommy-shaming stance, a stance normally taken by CHILDLESS people.

In his mind, he's childless. All those small people are his potential future CULT MEMBERS.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

hirley0

9:39

Quote from: Suu on November 14, 2013, 03:52:21 PM

Oh, right.

Sorry.

TRYING TO FIND THE PROPER THREAD ?  :fnord:  :fap:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: hirley0 on November 14, 2013, 05:39:09 PM
9:39

Quote from: Suu on November 14, 2013, 03:52:21 PM

Oh, right.

Sorry.

TRYING TO FIND THE PROPER THREAD ?  :fnord:  :fap:

I believe Hirley0 just LMNeundo'd Suu.

:lulz: