News:

Endorsement:  I am not convinced you even understand my concepts of moral relativity, so perhaps it would be best for you not to approach them.

Main Menu

Mommy Shaming

Started by Dildo Argentino, November 13, 2013, 04:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 19, 2013, 02:37:37 AM
And why point out that birth control issues, equal rights issues, and poverty are actually things, when you can toss people under the bus by half-assedly saying it's "mommy shaming".

Because we all know that women will use a vacuum cleaner on men if that's what it takes to get the sperm out.  Men have no interest in reproduction or the sometimes-irresponsible methods by which it is achieved.  It is apparently the woman's fault.

Or so I am told.

I don't think that was Gogira's point, though I think if she chose the phrase "parent shaming" it would have been more accurate.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 19, 2013, 02:43:49 AM
And why point out that birth control issues, equal rights issues, and poverty are actually things, when you can toss people under the bus by half-assedly saying it's "mommy shaming".

Because we all know that women will use a vacuum cleaner on men if that's what it takes to get the sperm out.  Men have no interest in reproduction or the sometimes-irresponsible methods by which it is achieved.  It is apparently the woman's fault.

Or so I am told.

I don't think that was Gogira's point, though I think if she chose the phrase "parent shaming" it would have been more accurate.

Hard to tell, with this tire track in the middle of my face.     :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 19, 2013, 02:44:32 AM

Or so I am told.

Hard to tell, with this tire track in the middle of my face.     :lulz:

My face too.

The Good Reverend Roger

PD.COM:  WE WOULD SELL OUR GRANNIES FOR A CHEAP SHOT.

:lulz:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

You know, this last bit got me thinking, and I realized that - despite several chances to do so - holist has never "daddy shamed".

I wonder why that is?

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 19, 2013, 02:53:03 AM
You know, this last bit got me thinking, and I realized that - despite several chances to do so - holist has never "daddy shamed".

I wonder why that is?

Tres interessant, mon frere.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 19, 2013, 02:53:46 AM

I wonder why that is?

There you go with that Irish crap again.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 19, 2013, 01:22:32 AM
You know, I just can't see myself ever sticking up for QG again.

DOUR,
Judgey Concern Troll

Given that it's PD, this might have been a little harsh.

"We'd sell our grannies for an epigram" and all.

But I will definitely ride this hosrie for all it's worth.

:hosrie::lulz:

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 19, 2013, 03:04:19 AM

I wonder why that is?

But.... but....

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 19, 2013, 03:11:09 AM

I wonder why that is?

But.... but....

Downright un-fucking-American, that's what it is.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 19, 2013, 03:11:38 AM
Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 19, 2013, 03:11:09 AM

I wonder why that is?

But.... but....

Downright un-fucking-American, that's what it is.

Well, yes, that is accurate.   :lulz:

Q. G. Pennyworth

Or so I am told.

My bad, Roger and Twid, you're right about the gendered terms. The thread title was mommy shaming and that's what came out.

regret, you're totally right that talking about hypothetical future children is different from talking about existing kids. I think what I was trying to say (won't speak for GA) is that a lot of times when people say "why did you have so many kids?" what is heard is "those kids that exist should not be" and however accurate that might be from a statistical standpoint it's still kinda gross. I knew a mom of many kids and she got all flavors of shit she didn't deserve from people because of it, which is definitely flavoring my response to this.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on November 19, 2013, 03:13:55 AM

Or so I am told.

My bad, Roger and Twid, you're right about the gendered terms. The thread title was mommy shaming and that's what came out.

regret, you're totally right that talking about hypothetical future children is different from talking about existing kids. I think what I was trying to say (won't speak for GA) is that a lot of times when people say "why did you have so many kids?" what is heard is "those kids that exist should not be" and however accurate that might be from a statistical standpoint it's still kinda gross. I knew a mom of many kids and she got all flavors of shit she didn't deserve from people because of it, which is definitely flavoring my response to this.

I think we should get back on track, here.

1.  I am reasonably certain that mom didn't spend all her time telling everyone else what bad parents they are.  Pretty sure you wouldn't be defending her if she did.

2.  I am reasonably sure that woman isn't a misogynistic turdball who worries about how mothers are DOIN' IT WRONG because THEY HAVE NO MAN TO GUIDE THEM.

This isn't a case of "tell those fuckers to stop breeding", it's a case of pointing out a hypocrite who farts out all manner of criticism while fucking the family dog.  Go home, holist, you're drunk.

Q. G. Pennyworth

She was awesome. holist is dogshit. I think we're all in agreement on that point.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on November 19, 2013, 03:13:55 AM

Or so I am told.

It's all good yo.

I know exactly what you're saying, and I know there are often complex reasons for people to have many many children, or vice versa. My mom was 1 of 10. But, you know, Grandpa fought in the Pacific, survived the war, and was a good Catholic with a long enough marriage with a Catholic woman stretching from the early 1950s until his death in 1979.

My dad is an only child from rural Ireland who only became an only child because Grandma got polio and ended up paralyzed from the waist down. They were also good Catholics. Good Catholics who for completely unforseen reasons were not fruitful and ended up dividing by half.