News:

If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Main Menu

Mommy Shaming

Started by Dildo Argentino, November 13, 2013, 04:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 18, 2013, 11:42:35 PM
As for my angry daughter, some people simply have more fiery personalities than others. She is a passionate person who is quick to anger and passionate about social justice. She is certainly, compared to the sanguine personalities of my other children, an angry person, but she isn't angry all the time or without reason. She is angry in bursts, when she perceives that someone is suffering a social wrong. She was like this even in pre-school, when she would defend smaller kids from bullies, and rage about how unfair it is that some kids were mean to or didn't want to be friends with the disabled child in her class. I am incredibly proud of her passion for justice and certainly don't appreciate the implication that she's been abused.

I can relate to that, I'd call it a strong sense of justice combined with the willingness to do something about it, Courage. I don't think I implied she had, I was talking about something different. I didn't understand or misunderstood what you meant by your oldest being angry a lot. I do understand now, thank you for the clarification.

I am certainly not happy about being stressed and poor and struggling. That wasn't my favorite turn of events in my life, that's for sure. But I also am, in fact, completely certain that being in school right now IS the correct choice for me, and for my kids, and I am proud of myself for accomplishing what I have so far in life, even if it might not equal the kind of sheltered, comfortable complacency others consider "success". I'm proud of myself and of my kids, and of the job I've done raising my kids despite hardships and disadvantages.

Well I recently had the pleasure to try thrift living with 6 kids in the UK. The money we lived on was just enough for rent, bills, a monotonous but okay diet, the petrol we needed and precious little else. I applaud your efforts and I'm sorry if I made the impression I denigrated them in any way.

So, Mr. Comfortable, you can just go fuck right off. :lol:

Look, I like you, I think you are right, being in school is the right choice. But do you actually think being constantly stressed out is a requirement?
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

Q. G. Pennyworth

ITT: someone doesn't know how to shut up.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on November 19, 2013, 11:54:30 PM
ITT: someone doesn't know how to shut up.

He can't.  He's driven to this, IMO.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 18, 2013, 11:51:23 PM
Holist is a self-made man. This is clearly 100% the result of doing everything right, so that puts him in a position to tell us what. Meanwhile, we're all stuck in ruts, making the same silly mistakes over and over again. He can tell that, from where he sits.

Well you know, I've been sitting here where I sit for two years now, on and off.

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 18, 2013, 11:59:55 PM
Given his "You all suck but I love you" bullshit, his kids are gonna be damaged goods for life.

Just saying.

I had some idea already of the maximum of stoopage. You went lower.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: holist on November 20, 2013, 12:02:25 AM
Given his "You all suck but I love you" bullshit, his kids are gonna be damaged goods for life.

Just saying.

And I can slide under THAT.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

hooplala

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 20, 2013, 12:02:56 AM

Just saying.

DOUR, the limbo champion of Tucson.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 19, 2013, 12:07:31 AM
Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 19, 2013, 12:04:30 AM
Holist is a self-made man. This is clearly 100% the result of doing everything right, so that puts him in a position to tell us what. Meanwhile, we're all stuck in ruts, making the same silly mistakes over and over again. He can tell that, from where he sits.
You and i going back to school for useful degrees. Man i totally see how much of a sad patheticrut that is. I mustve been daft not to see it.

Clearly, making terrible choices in life here.

Not like moving to the UK and failing pathetically, or anything.

Isn't it just so pathetically, tediously characteristic of PD: the counterexamples chirp up. The half a dozen at least people I've heard moan about their jobs stay quiet. Amuses.

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 19, 2013, 12:07:44 AM
You and i going back to school for useful degrees. Man i totally see how much of a sad patheticrut that is. I mustve been daft not to see it.

You People are not being rational.

He's obviously learned everything there is to know about being HAPPY. 

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY.

(I know it's pointless but here goes anyways:)

IT ISN'T REALLY ABOUT BEING HAPPY IT IS JUST NOT BEING STRESSED OUT SO MUCH AND FINDING ENJOYMENT IN LIFE.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: holist on November 20, 2013, 12:05:52 AM
Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 19, 2013, 12:07:31 AM

Clearly, making terrible choices in life here.

Not like moving to the UK and failing pathetically, or anything.

Isn't it just so pathetically, tediously characteristic of PD: the counterexamples chirp up. The half a dozen at least people I've heard moan about their jobs stay quiet. Amuses.

And yet here you are.  How puzzling.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: holist on November 20, 2013, 12:07:22 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 19, 2013, 12:07:44 AM

You People are not being rational.

He's obviously learned everything there is to know about being HAPPY. 

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY.

(I know it's pointless but here goes anyways:)

IT ISN'T REALLY ABOUT BEING HAPPY IT IS JUST NOT BEING STRESSED OUT SO MUCH AND FINDING ENJOYMENT IN LIFE.

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on November 20, 2013, 12:03:51 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 20, 2013, 12:02:56 AM

Just saying.

DOUR, the limbo champion of Tucson.

There is no bottom.

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 19, 2013, 12:12:40 AM
QuoteLMNO, I think lazy slob best describes you, always ready for the cheap shot, as long as it doesn't occupy much more than a line and a half.

So's your mom.

My muther is a very active lady who still exerts tremendous effort at 70. She is somewhat ready for the cheap shot, but will belabour it at the drop of a hat.

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Golden Applesauce on November 19, 2013, 12:28:54 AM
On one hand, I feel like I ought to say something about criticizing someone on how many children they have is a form of mommy shaming / slut shaming in itself.

On the other hand, I don't like Holist very much.

That must be terrible for you.

Enrico Salazar

Quote from: holist on November 20, 2013, 12:09:25 AM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 19, 2013, 12:12:40 AM
QuoteLMNO, I think lazy slob best describes you, always ready for the cheap shot, as long as it doesn't occupy much more than a line and a half.

So's your mom.

My muther is a very active lady who still exerts tremendous effort at 70. She is somewhat ready for the cheap shot, but will belabour it at the drop of a hat.

Enrico is not certain "effort" is word he would use to describe, but will admit: she have remarkable elasticity!
Did someone say gorgeous?