News:

There's a sucker born every minute... and you are right on time.

Main Menu

Mommy Shaming

Started by Dildo Argentino, November 13, 2013, 04:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: holist on November 20, 2013, 04:08:04 PM
Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 20, 2013, 03:50:53 PM
Quote from: holist on November 19, 2013, 11:51:20 PM

Look, I like you, I think you are right, being in school is the right choice. But do you actually think being constantly stressed out is a requirement?

Oh you're right, I'll totally just stop now. :roll:

Look, dumbass, I'm not "constantly stressed out". I'm not even sure where you pulled that assessment from (oh wait, yes I am. Your ass). What I am is working really hard because I have four children to raise, a house to keep, and grades to maintain, and nobody else is going to do this for me.

Yes, that is stressful on some fundamental levels, but there is only so much an individual can do to mitigate survival-related stresses. Like consciously relaxing, taking time for myself, getting enough sleep, making tome to exercise and get out into greenspaces. I do those things.

Don't call me dumbass, please, it's rude. I've been reading you for a long time. You don't appear to be particularly stressed, and indeed you are working hard, I can see that. As for your situation, I'm sure I have no idea, with the two of us supporting 6 kids and a household.... True, I don't go to college as well, and I do appreciate that your performance is quite outstanding. But I do a number of things besides the money-making work as well. But my comment about being constantly stressed out was more general: the responses I get seem to indicate that the majority opinion of the vocal people here (also, recalling the "let's make happyness a mental illness" thread) is that being stressed out a lot by the iniquities of the world is a requirement of honest living. I disagree with that.

I'd just like to point out that:

Quote from: holist on November 20, 2013, 03:45:55 PM
I'd love to chat, but I'm off to a parents' evening at the school. Bye for now!

Holist is blowing off his children's education to post here about how great a parent he is.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: holist on November 20, 2013, 03:40:11 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 20, 2013, 03:13:16 PM
Quote from: holist on November 20, 2013, 02:47:12 PM

No, I don't pull that shit on my kids, I like them, they like me, we get along.

Also: I don't think they are sad losers. I do think that you are one.

1.  Do you pull it on your mentally defective wife?

2.  You yourself said that everyone here are sorry losers, liar.

QuoteYou are such a sorry bunch of losers.

DO YOU DENY SAYING THAT?

Yes. I claim that my statement "You are such a sorry bunch of losers" did not in fact mean "Everyone here is a sorry loser", it only referred to a subset of people who had responded in that thread. In particular you, Gogira, and to a lesser extent LMNO.

I do believe you single a few other people out for special mention, myself included.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 20, 2013, 04:06:27 PM
Quote from: holist on November 20, 2013, 12:07:22 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 19, 2013, 12:07:44 AM
Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 19, 2013, 12:04:30 AM
Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 18, 2013, 11:51:23 PM
Holist is a self-made man. This is clearly 100% the result of doing everything right, so that puts him in a position to tell us what. Meanwhile, we're all stuck in ruts, making the same silly mistakes over and over again. He can tell that, from where he sits.
You and i going back to school for useful degrees. Man i totally see how much of a sad patheticrut that is. I mustve been daft not to see it.

You People are not being rational.

He's obviously learned everything there is to know about being HAPPY. 

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY.

(I know it's pointless but here goes anyways:)

IT ISN'T REALLY ABOUT BEING HAPPY IT IS JUST NOT BEING STRESSED OUT SO MUCH AND FINDING ENJOYMENT IN LIFE.

Are you sure you don't just want other people to stop working so hard because they might succeed, thereby making you feel bad about yourself?

Especially unmarried people who don't have another person there to pick up the slack?

Because that does seem to be an undercurrent, there.

I am pretty certain, for a number of reasons. I generate about 55-60 percent of our income, at present I do about 70% of housework (90% of the cooking), Mondays and Wednesdays, when my wife is off to her part-time job, I am with the 3.5-year old who is still at home all day.

Also, just because someone (I'm not sure it was you) hinted at my being rich: I am not rich. We (8 people, 2 dogs, 1 cat) live on about 4 thousand dollars a month, of which fully one eighth is the rent we get from my wife's flat (I don't own property and don't plan to).

Also, I consider myself successful. :)
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: holist on November 20, 2013, 04:12:47 PM
I am pretty certain, for a number of reasons. I generate about 55-60 percent of our income,

The other 40% comes from the Jimmy Saville Society.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: holist on November 20, 2013, 04:08:04 PM
Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 20, 2013, 03:50:53 PM
Quote from: holist on November 19, 2013, 11:51:20 PM

Look, I like you, I think you are right, being in school is the right choice. But do you actually think being constantly stressed out is a requirement?

Oh you're right, I'll totally just stop now. :roll:

Look, dumbass, I'm not "constantly stressed out". I'm not even sure where you pulled that assessment from (oh wait, yes I am. Your ass). What I am is working really hard because I have four children to raise, a house to keep, and grades to maintain, and nobody else is going to do this for me.

Yes, that is stressful on some fundamental levels, but there is only so much an individual can do to mitigate survival-related stresses. Like consciously relaxing, taking time for myself, getting enough sleep, making tome to exercise and get out into greenspaces. I do those things.

Don't call me dumbass, please, it's rude. I've been reading you for a long time. You don't appear to be particularly stressed, and indeed you are working hard, I can see that. As for your situation, I'm sure I have no idea, with the two of us supporting 6 kids and a household.... True, I don't go to college as well, and I do appreciate that your performance is quite outstanding. But I do a number of things besides the money-making work as well. But my comment about being constantly stressed out was more general: the responses I get seem to indicate that the majority opinion of the vocal people here (also, recalling the "let's make happyness a mental illness" thread) is that being stressed out a lot by the iniquities of the world is a requirement of honest living. I disagree with that.

(It's raining, I'm getting a lift to the school, so I have a little more time.)

Pretty sure that polite went out the window when you called me one of a "sorry bunch of losers", dumbass.

Don't compare your situation to mine; you have a wife to do the hard work.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 20, 2013, 04:13:54 PM

But for how long?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: holist on November 20, 2013, 04:12:47 PM
Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 20, 2013, 04:06:27 PM
Quote from: holist on November 20, 2013, 12:07:22 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 19, 2013, 12:07:44 AM
Quote from: Doktor Blight on November 19, 2013, 12:04:30 AM
Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 18, 2013, 11:51:23 PM
Holist is a self-made man. This is clearly 100% the result of doing everything right, so that puts him in a position to tell us what. Meanwhile, we're all stuck in ruts, making the same silly mistakes over and over again. He can tell that, from where he sits.
You and i going back to school for useful degrees. Man i totally see how much of a sad patheticrut that is. I mustve been daft not to see it.

You People are not being rational.

He's obviously learned everything there is to know about being HAPPY. 

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY.

(I know it's pointless but here goes anyways:)

IT ISN'T REALLY ABOUT BEING HAPPY IT IS JUST NOT BEING STRESSED OUT SO MUCH AND FINDING ENJOYMENT IN LIFE.

Are you sure you don't just want other people to stop working so hard because they might succeed, thereby making you feel bad about yourself?

Especially unmarried people who don't have another person there to pick up the slack?

Because that does seem to be an undercurrent, there.

I am pretty certain, for a number of reasons. I generate about 55-60 percent of our income, at present I do about 70% of housework (90% of the cooking), Mondays and Wednesdays, when my wife is off to her part-time job, I am with the 3.5-year old who is still at home all day.

Also, just because someone (I'm not sure it was you) hinted at my being rich: I am not rich. We (8 people, 2 dogs, 1 cat) live on about 4 thousand dollars a month, of which fully one eighth is the rent we get from my wife's flat (I don't own property and don't plan to).

Also, I consider myself successful. :)

I think I hinted at you being complacently middle-class, and passing judgement on everyone who isn't, as if wealth is meted out on merit. Because that is exactly what you're doing.

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 20, 2013, 04:11:33 PM

DO YOU DENY SAYING THAT?

Yes. I claim that my statement "You are such a sorry bunch of losers" did not in fact mean "Everyone here is a sorry loser", it only referred to a subset of people who had responded in that thread. In particular you, Gogira, and to a lesser extent LMNO.

I do believe you single a few other people out for special mention, myself included.

Those were individual responses. The first sentence was just an eruption of sentiment.
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: holist on November 20, 2013, 04:16:29 PM

DO YOU DENY SAYING THAT?

Those were individual responses. The first sentence was just an eruption of sentiment.

Well, THAT makes everything better.  :lol:

hooplala

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 20, 2013, 04:14:52 PM

But for how long?

Until she scores a role in the reboot of Life Goes On.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on November 20, 2013, 04:17:24 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 20, 2013, 04:14:52 PM

But for how long?

Until she scores a role in the reboot of Life Goes On.

He's a bum, sits around the house all day, not even bothering with personal hygiene (judging from the pics he's posted).

Sooner or later, she'll wise up and give him the boot.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: holist on November 20, 2013, 04:16:29 PM

DO YOU DENY SAYING THAT?

EITHER

you're backpedaling

OR

your communication skills are terrible.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't think the cost of living in Hungary is particularly high. They must live like kings on 48,000 kronors or whatever monetary units they use a year.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That's how he can afford to put himself on that pedestal he's looking down at everyone from.

Especially that lazy loser LMNO. I mean, that guy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 20, 2013, 04:41:06 PM
I don't think the cost of living in Hungary is particularly high. They must live like kings on 48,000 kronors or whatever monetary units they use a year.

I think they use mud.

But yeah, $500 in rent vs a $4000 monthly cheque is pretty good.  How fortunate that he has a wife with a decent job.