Mommy Shaming

Started by Dildo Argentino, November 13, 2013, 04:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pæs

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 20, 2013, 10:41:41 PM
Quote from: Pæs on November 20, 2013, 10:39:47 PM
I like holist.

Good on ya.

Maybe he doesn't lose agency and standing as a human when he gets angry about something.

That might explain it.
Who does lose agency and standing as a human when they get angry about something?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I like holist.

Quote from: holist on November 18, 2013, 11:06:31 PM
You are such a sorry bunch of losers.

None of you appear to be particularly happy, except on occasion, generally accompanied by being manic... pills, job unhappyness, angry children, stressed for money, stressed for time, etc., but you are still completely convinced that your way of going about things is the best possible way...

Roger, in addition to being a reasonably clever moron, you are also a manipulative bastard with entirely too much time on your hands. The reason I am not going to try to respond to your criticism, scattered among manipulative lies as it is, is that there's no point.

LMNO, I think lazy slob best describes you, always ready for the cheap shot, as long as it doesn't occupy much more than a line and a half.

Gogira, your take on life and your fake posturing at times inspire little other than pity.

Nigel, I've heard of children born angry, but stay-angry? Not really, unless they continually have something to be angry about. And people who continuously strive to find something to be angry about don't grow on trees. Twid, you are a bit daft, aren't you?

Which part's your favorite?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pæs

Don't get me wrong, he's a totally awful person.
I just like his tenacity.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pæs on November 20, 2013, 11:29:42 PM

There's that, I guess. He and RWHN have it in common. Dig in, little Holist!

I think that there are likable elements to his personality, but they are badly overshadowed by the condescending/insulting thing. Personally, I prefer not to be persistently condescended to by an insulting (not to mention frequently factually errant) pedant.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pæs on November 20, 2013, 11:29:42 PM

Yes, I valued Dead Kennedy, Number 6, and RWHN for the same exact reasons.  There's something charming about OCDish digging in of the heels for the sole purpose of making people not enjoy things.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pæs on November 20, 2013, 11:01:09 PM
I like holist.

Good on ya.

Maybe he doesn't lose agency and standing as a human when he gets angry about something.

That might explain it.
Who does lose agency and standing as a human when they get angry about something?

Why, I do, of course.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

But the more I think about it, what's NOT to like about tenaciously telling mothers that they are bad at raising kids?

The Good Reverend Roger

Maybe we could get a rabid misogynist in here.  As long as he's tenacious about it.

Pæs

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 20, 2013, 11:43:05 PM
I like holist.

Good on ya.

That might explain it.

Why, I do, of course.
Did... I adjust my perception of your standing as a human being or dismiss your agency based on your anger or did someone else do that?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 20, 2013, 11:45:12 PM
But the more I think about it, what's NOT to like about tenaciously telling mothers that they are bad at raising kids?

It was a particularly charming way in which to learn that I was wrong to try to befriend him, let alone attempting to convince others to do so.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pæs on November 20, 2013, 11:46:44 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 20, 2013, 11:43:05 PM
I like holist.

Good on ya.

That might explain it.

Why, I do, of course.
Did... I adjust my perception of your standing as a human being or dismiss your agency based on your anger or did someone else do that?

Well, you might not have meant to, but http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/topic,35817.msg1312946.html#msg1312946

I actually went back later on, after I'd calmed down, to see if it was still infuriatingly dismissive in tone.  It was.

ETA:  Wow, I never DO learn.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 20, 2013, 11:47:24 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 20, 2013, 11:45:12 PM

It was a particularly charming way in which to learn that I was wrong to try to befriend him, let alone attempting to convince others to do so.

You think we could get Fred Phelps in here?  He's tenacious as fuck.

The Good Reverend Roger

Well, fuck this.  I'm going to play video games.

TENACIOUSLY!

Pæs

Yeah, why on earth might someone just walk away rather than continue conversing with you while you're in one of those moods where everyone is an asshole?
It's totally unlike you to carry a grudge around over your interpretation (no clarification sought) of statements made in those conversations.

You absolutely have the freedom to get fucked off about whatever you like, though. What I was dismissing was my interest in having that conversation, so instead of continuing I posted that and left  the house.

Feel free to turn it into more if you're bored, though. I'm okay with being portrayed as holist's new best friend.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pæs on November 20, 2013, 11:54:48 PM
Yeah, why on earth might someone just walk away rather than continue conversing with you while you're in one of those moods where everyone is an asshole?
It's totally unlike you to carry a grudge around over your interpretation (no clarification sought) of statements made in this conversations.

Dude, I'm okay with "I'm not having this conversation while you are foaming at the mouth."

It was the WAY you said it.