Proud member of the Vin Diesel Friendship Brigade

Main Menu

Bang/No Bang?

Started by Salty, November 14, 2013, 08:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

Ah, you are right,of course.

Either way, it's given me a lot to think about
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Alty on November 15, 2013, 03:21:05 AM
I would never want to kill anybody, ever.

Your question is answered.

Until you decide otherwise, and I hope you don't, defending yourself with firearms is not something you want to do.

Go the angry dog route.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Not that I would think any less of you if you did buy a gun and ended up having to kill someone in self defense. I may be a pacifist but self defense is self defense. Even my pacifism reaches a limit (preserve your own life, preserve the lives of others)

I think that you have some similarities to me, and that you feel that that is not really an option. I hope I'm never put in the position to prove it, but I think I would rather have my face rearranged than to end the life of another human.

Eater of Clowns

Strap a bunch of road flares to tactical vest and next time someone tries to stop you flash it while you scream out "CAN YOU LEAVE ME ALONE MAN, I'VE GOT SOMEWHERE TO BE!"

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Salty

I suppose i should have added, unless they make.me fear for my health and wellbeing.

I'd absolutely rather killing someone than spend months in ICU and have a life crushing mass of debt, because they couldnt just leave me the fuck alone or keep their abuse. Or become completely disabled.

My ex worked in a nursing home. She always scolded me for flipping off other drives in the car because one of the patients there was in his 30s. He just had to be cared for in every particular way because he did something similar to a bunch of kids, they followed him and beat him into a permanent vegetative state.

I'll easily defend myself from that, every time. Given a lack of freeze.

Salty

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on November 15, 2013, 03:50:49 AM
Strap a bunch of road flares to tactical vest and next time someone tries to stop you flash it while you scream out "CAN YOU LEAVE ME ALONE MAN, I'VE GOT SOMEWHERE TO BE!"

That's totally brilliant!

It would work every time cause of the cinima!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on November 15, 2013, 03:52:19 AM
I suppose i should have added, unless they make.me fear for my health and wellbeing.

I'd absolutely rather killing someone than spend months in ICU and have a life crushing mass of debt, because they couldnt just leave me the fuck alone or keep their abuse. Or become completely disabled.

My ex worked in a nursing home. She always scolded me for flipping off other drives in the car because one of the patients there was in his 30s. He just had to be cared for in every particular way because he did something similar to a bunch of kids, they followed him and beat him into a permanent vegetative state.

You need to get out of that state.  Seriously.  It sounds like the fucking Holy Roman Empire, circa 1633.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 15, 2013, 03:55:58 AM

You need to get out of that state.  Seriously.  It sounds like the fucking Holy Roman Empire, circa 1633.

Yeah. This.

My current boss flipped someone off, the other guy flipped him the peace sign, and my boss went, "You win better guy, you win."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 15, 2013, 03:55:58 AM

Seriously, if you are so afraid you're considering buying a gun it's very much time to move. You HATE it there, and it's killing you. I know you have to consider your son and your ex and you're planning on moving eventually, but maybe you can somehow accelerate the process.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Salty

It's mostly the neighborhood, which I'm moving out of as soon as I can.

I tell you now the only way I'm not spending what little time I have with my son, 50%, is if there is absolutely no alternative. That boy needs me, and I have gained so much strength from that fact alone.

Until i leave I make what adjustments I can.

Nephew Twiddleton

Just out of curiosity, would you be able to talk your sons mother into moving too? To like the same area?

Because I'm just thinking, if you hate it there, she probably hates it there too, and your boy probably hates it there. And if he doesn't, well, it's clearly not the environment you'd like to raise him in.

I realize that there's complexity here, but if you had to give up 2/3rds of your beer just to avoid a fight, well, you know....

East Coast Hustle

Yeah fuck that place. It's like bizzarro Maine, where the people are even LESS friendly than the moose.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

PopeSlag

Get some bear mace and work on moving.

Once you get a gun, they will too, and now you're at war.
First, when people are having fun, time is said to go by faster. Second, with objects sharing a common gravity, time is slower for the object closest to the center of gravity. Therefore, it's more fun in space.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: PopeSlag on November 15, 2013, 05:47:51 PM
Get some bear mace and work on moving.

Once you get a gun, they will too, and now you're at war.

Alty already has bear mace.

The time I met him we were hiking and every time he talked to me he looked at my eyes - not into them, at them - and stroked the can fondly.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Salty

:lol:

Yeah, I've got some bear mace, I'll just keep it on me.

So far, I'm leaning away from gun and thinking a bear mace/extendable rioi baton might be more better. The mace should adress a few people at once,and then, the careful application baton.

In this way I can preemptively strike and probably not go to prison. Also,less likely I'll be shot.