News:

There are no innocents, only the squeamish and the aroused.

Main Menu

Health Fair Thing at Work.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 12, 2013, 04:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Alty on November 14, 2013, 06:41:54 AM
I like to think of good threads like beautiful snowflakes, brilliant, unique, gone in an instant.

Covered in urine, on ocassion.

:lulz: Well said, sir. Well said.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Salty

Quote from: Telarus on November 14, 2013, 09:01:15 PM
Quote from: Alty on November 13, 2013, 12:15:27 AM
And that's just it. I feel chakras may be a handy landmark/map of sorts for the brain. Whatever is going on, unless it involves bacteria*, is some function your internal preasure*, or some other function, the brain must still control it, ja?

So why not those spots? They correspond quite neatly with our anatomy, because form/function/ Lo5s. But they're useful for some people. The way ritual is good for people, and tge way that taking 10-30 min out of your day to reflect, relax, and do sonething good for yourself.

Acupuncture does not work the same way vaccines or antibiotics work. It depends on the practitioner, the receiver, the mood, the time, the chemical ease between two people who can get along, or not. The skill of one, the openness of mind...

And you know, the front of the.mind rarely has much to do with it.

Point being, it's more art than science. Which is less than good, sometimes.

*Which it may.
°Which would include just about every other system that makes up your body.

[Aside.. very interesting comment about Fascia there. I remember you bringing that up in a previous massage thread.]

Don't forget the enteric nervous system (gut-brain and related networks) and the autonomic nervous system, I think these have a lot to do with regulating anti-inflammatory elements in our systems. (I have a hunch that our "personality" is distributed over these systems as well as the CNS (brain), but no research yet to back that up.)

I also think triggering localized anti-inflammatory effects (especially through the fire/heat treatment as described by ECH) is one of the primary actions of acupuncture.
Some recent research:
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2010/may/30/acupuncture-pain-relief-adenosine-mice

And this study was just completed (results not posted yet):
http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT01945190

Those are some great links! I'd love to see how the latter turns out. I can see the local antiinflammatory response doing real good, if/when it occurs.

What would be required to get the proper perspective of each individual in order to determine how to use acupuncture with some kind of targeted positive results every time. I suppose there's probably plenty of old chinese folks who would scoff at that.

No doubt, when trained in TCM in the country where it's been a living thing for thousands of years offers some more accuracy in diagnosis. They use urine on the tongue, for one.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Alty on November 15, 2013, 12:10:17 AM
And that's just it. I feel chakras may be a handy landmark/map of sorts for the brain. Whatever is going on, unless it involves bacteria*, is some function your internal preasure*, or some other function, the brain must still control it, ja?

So why not those spots? They correspond quite neatly with our anatomy, because form/function/ Lo5s. But they're useful for some people. The way ritual is good for people, and tge way that taking 10-30 min out of your day to reflect, relax, and do sonething good for yourself.

Acupuncture does not work the same way vaccines or antibiotics work. It depends on the practitioner, the receiver, the mood, the time, the chemical ease between two people who can get along, or not. The skill of one, the openness of mind...

*Which it may.

[Aside.. very interesting comment about Fascia there. I remember you bringing that up in a previous massage thread.]

Don't forget the enteric nervous system (gut-brain and related networks) and the autonomic nervous system, I think these have a lot to do with regulating anti-inflammatory elements in our systems. (I have a hunch that our "personality" is distributed over these systems as well as the CNS (brain), but no research yet to back that up.)

I also think triggering localized anti-inflammatory effects (especially through the fire/heat treatment as described by ECH) is one of the primary actions of acupuncture.
Some recent research:
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2010/may/30/acupuncture-pain-relief-adenosine-mice

Those are some great links! I'd love to see how the latter turns out. I can see the local antiinflammatory response doing real good, if/when it occurs.

What would be required to get the proper perspective of each individual in order to determine how to use acupuncture with some kind of targeted positive results every time. I suppose there's probably plenty of old chinese folks who would scoff at that.

No doubt, when trained in TCM in the country where it's been a living thing for thousands of years offers some more accuracy in diagnosis. They use urine on the tongue, for one.

I am told by one who has tried to do so that in fact TCM was pretty much eradicated by the Cultural Revolution. And then resuscitated when the idological wind changed, but much of the traditional knowledge was lost.
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

Dildo Argentino

*Which it may.

Some recent research:

Thanks, Telarus, those are great links.
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis