News:

To the "allies," if you aren't complicit in my crimes then you are complicit in theirs.

Main Menu

Intermittend up for download, plz?

Started by v00d00, November 15, 2013, 05:23:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

v00d00

Hello friends. I just got around here and found out about the intermittens zine. I now ask you a couple things
One. Is it still being developed?
Two. Why Scribd? seriously, I try to download the issues and scribd wants me to pay a zillion dollars just to subscribe. And I am the kinda guy who'd rather eat.
I hereby and as a fellow cybrarian ask you to please upload them in some way that can be downloaded for storage so future generations will get their share, after all, it's all kopyleft, ain't it? If you tell me it's copyright and I should indeed pay for the zine then I'll stop bothering and offer some bitcoins because I don't have (and ain't planning to get) a credit card.
Thank you very much.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

1. It's being produced if/when someone feels like producing it.

2. Scribd is free; I did and you can too.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pæs

New to Scribd? Sign up for a free account.

You are doing Scribd wrong.

I logged in via Facebook and then it was like "Here is a PDF"

Faust

Ten volumes of intermittens are available from this site on this here page:

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/readinglist.php

As are a fuck load of other documents by the Discordian society.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Telarus

That's the page I couldn't remember the url for. Thanks Faust!
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cramulus

Quote from: v00d00 on November 15, 2013, 05:23:33 AM
One. Is it still being developed?

Intermittens is intended as an open-source magazine. It has no fixed editorial staff. The doors are open to anybody.

The idea is, if you want to put together an issue, go for it! Our standards are laughably low. You get to play editor in chief and assemble a collage of your parts of Discordia. We encourage you to select kopyleft content that was created by Discordians (you may want to check out the Kopyleft Authors thread, as everybody has different requests about how their work can be used).

In my experience, people tend to grab onto the idea, get knee deep in making an issue of the magazine, and then get distracted or discouraged. If you (and I don't just mean v00d00, I mean anybody reading this) feel like you want to contribute, I say plow forward and do it. I made the first issue in about six hours, and at the time had zero experience laying out stuff. It was challenging, but I learned a LOT in the process. And others were willing to help me brush it up and sand out the rough edges. (the current issue 1 layout is courtesy of Telarus)

Intermittens was always intended as a kind of time capsule. A way to have a discordian periodical and document what kind of stuff we're talking about and doing right now. One day, all of us will have vanished, and people will be curious what was going on in 2013 Discordia. We've buried like 12 issues of Intermittens for them to discover. And I hope there will be more. In that way, Intermittens itself is a time capsule, waiting under a layer of soil for somebody to dig up, brush off, and replant.

v00d00

Quote from: Pæs on November 15, 2013, 06:31:40 AM
New to Scribd? Sign up for a free account.

You are doing Scribd wrong.

I logged in via Facebook and then it was like "Here is a PDF"

I sure am because I almost always get asked for moneyz. Seriously, maybe it's because I'm in mexico or fuck know what, only once or twice I've managed to actually download something from scribd, the rest of the times, pressing the very same "download pdf" button opens a dialog for me t choose (oh golly thanks) whether to pay 8 dlls for a one day subscription, or purchase a monthly/yearly one.....

Quote from: Faust on November 15, 2013, 11:06:42 AM
Ten volumes of intermittens are available from this site on this here page:

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/readinglist.php

As are a fuck load of other documents by the Discordian society.

THANKS I didn't see that before, I guess I should explore moar.

Q. G. Pennyworth

v00d00, make sure you have adblock on. A lot of times ads will just feature a big DOWNLOAD LINK button or some shit to try to trick you into clicking.

Placid Dingo

I have been told recently from others though that Scribd has been limiting free downloads to a certain number before requiring payment, though I don't know what that's about.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.