News:

CAN'T A BROTHER GET A LITTLE PEACE?

Main Menu

Welp, now I'm depressed.

Started by Pæs, November 19, 2013, 09:37:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

The first time I played I went by 'family values'. Lost the game on day six. Second time I went by what I thought I should do and made it through the month with $413.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Dildo Argentino

Playing the moves I thought I would play in those situations, I made it with 624 dollars. Good game, my 13-year-old son got drawn in.
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

Reginald Ret

Quote from: holist on November 19, 2013, 11:19:19 PM
Playing the moves I thought I would play in those situations, I made it with 624 dollars. Good game, my 13-year-old son got drawn in.
Before or after rent? Remember the end message? you have X money left, but tomorrow rent is due, or something to that effect. The lowest possible rent is 650 iirc.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: :regret: on November 20, 2013, 09:16:34 AM
Before or after rent? Remember the end message? you have X money left, but tomorrow rent is due, or something to that effect. The lowest possible rent is 650 iirc.

:( oh. Yes, I did, and in fact I moved as close to work (warehouse packing) as possible, so my rent was higher. So I made it to the end of the month and now face eviction or getting into debt... well.

I think there are a number of aspects to living cheaply that weren't included (and which are not included in the zeitgeist, either, which makes living on little money that much harder for those without much of an inclination for lateral thinking). The foodstuffs were all wrong (I'd go brown rice, the cheap fruit and veg at the nearest market, oil and animal fat in bulk), there's free energy to be had in most underprivileged urban landscapes, and had there been an option to grow my own food, I would have moved further from work and use any garden I have...). The health things... well I won't go into that. But a large drum of ascorbic acid (cheapest, synthetic) and a few other relatively cheap bits and bobs go a long way towards staying healthy, along with eating and moving habits.
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

Reginald Ret

Quote from: holist on November 20, 2013, 11:13:29 AM
Quote from: :regret: on November 20, 2013, 09:16:34 AM

:( oh. Yes, I did, and in fact I moved as close to work (warehouse packing) as possible, so my rent was higher. So I made it to the end of the month and now face eviction or getting into debt... well.

I think there are a number of aspects to living cheaply that weren't included (and which are not included in the zeitgeist, either, which makes living on little money that much harder for those without much of an inclination for lateral thinking). The foodstuffs were all wrong (I'd go brown rice, the cheap fruit and veg at the nearest market, oil and animal fat in bulk), there's free energy to be had in most underprivileged urban landscapes, and had there been an option to grow my own food, I would have moved further from work and use any garden I have...). The health things... well I won't go into that. But a large drum of ascorbic acid (cheapest, synthetic) and a few other relatively cheap bits and bobs go a long way towards staying healthy, along with eating and moving habits.
Not having a car is another one.
Still, it is quite an accurate representation of being poor.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"