News:

Discordianism:  It is some kind of a communist sect.

Main Menu

Split from LMNO's music thread.

Started by Dildo Argentino, November 20, 2013, 03:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dildo Argentino

1980: Joni Mitchell, Shadows and Light. Pastorius, Metheny, Michael Brecker... I still know that double album practically by heart.
1981: It is indeed very hard to beat My Life in the Bush of Ghosts, but Joe Jackson's Jumping Jive was released that year. Classic.
1982: The Simon and Garfunkel Central Park Concert. Stevie Gadd on drums, Anthony Jackson on bass. There was an incident on stage that didn't make it onto the album, though it is in the film: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhBvh1cwA0w
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: holist on November 20, 2013, 03:01:13 PM
1980: Joni Mitchell, Shadows and Light. Pastorius, Metheny, Michael Brecker... I still know that double album practically by heart.
1981: It is indeed very hard to beat My Life in the Bush of Ghosts, but Joe Jackson's Jumping Jive was released that year. Classic.
1982: The Simon and Garfunkel Central Park Concert. Stevie Gadd on drums, Anthony Jackson on bass. There was an incident on stage that didn't make it onto the album, though it is in the film: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhBvh1cwA0w

Did someone ask the wife-beater's opinion?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 20, 2013, 03:18:01 PM

No, I just volunteered it, toddler-spanker. And I don't beat my wife. :)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: holist on November 20, 2013, 03:30:49 PM

Well, I didn't expect you to admit it.  Is that why your first wife ran away?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 20, 2013, 03:32:27 PM

I didn't admit it. And no. Any other questions?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: holist on November 20, 2013, 03:34:00 PM

Liar.

LMNO

I have a question.  Why does your tase in music suck so much?  I mean... Pastorius and Metheney?  The auditory equivalent of a quaalude overdose.

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on November 20, 2013, 03:36:37 PM

I have a question.  Why does your tase in music suck so much?  I mean... Pastorius and Metheney?  The auditory equivalent of a quaalude overdose.

I think your perception arises from the fact that your taste in music is different to mine. Coming from someone who considers any King Crimson album to be a notable highlight of any year, it is a little rich.

The Good Reverend Roger

My guess is meth.  He has all the other symptoms.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: holist on November 20, 2013, 03:37:58 PM

I think your perception arises from the fact that your taste in music is different to mine. Coming from someone who considers any King Crimson album to be a notable highlight of any year, it is a little rich.

Just wait until he attacks your wife, LMNO.

This guy is just what I needed today.

LMNO

Quote from: holist on November 20, 2013, 03:37:58 PM

You might notice that Discipline was the only Crimson album noted.  I didn't mention Beat or Three of a Perfect Pair, which, if I did, would still be better that than faux-jazz shit Joni was pumping out.

hooplala

Frank Zappa was once "introduced" to the girlfriend of his friend Motorhead Sherwood, who sat Ina corner noodling on a small guitar and drooling all over herself.  That girlfriend was, apparently, Joni Mitchell. 

That's the mental image I like to keep in my mind of her.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman