News:

PD.com: We're not actually discordians

Main Menu

Mellowing Sadly

Started by hooplala, November 20, 2013, 04:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

I just read that when Reservoir Dogs was released, Wes Craven walked out during the "Stuck In The Middle With You" scene.  Wes Craven.

WES CRAVEN.  The man who made Last House on the Left, couldn't take an offscreen ear being cut off to a Stealers Wheel song.

What the fuck happens to people when they grow old?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on November 20, 2013, 04:55:55 PM
I just read that when Reservoir Dogs was released, Wes Craven walked out during the "Stuck In The Middle With You" scene.  Wes Craven.

WES CRAVEN.  The man who made Last House on the Left, couldn't take an offscreen ear being cut off to a Stealers Wheel song.

Maybe it was the "offscreen" bit.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

hooplala

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 20, 2013, 04:56:51 PM

Hm, yeah.  That does admittedly make it more disturbing.

But... have you seen Last House on the Left?  It's fucking brutal.  Well, apart from the dualing bumpkin cops.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on November 20, 2013, 04:59:48 PM

But... have you seen Last House on the Left?  It's fucking brutal.  Well, apart from the dualing bumpkin cops.

Wes Craven doesn't do "subtle".  He was probably pissed at the lack of lingering gore.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

hooplala

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 20, 2013, 05:01:33 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on November 20, 2013, 04:59:48 PM

Wes Craven doesn't do "subtle".  He was probably pissed at the lack of lingering gore.

You're right.  And, in retrospect, I suppose I should have tried to gather a few other examples of people mellowing sadly...

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman