News:

Revenge is a dish best served salty, sterile, wet and warm.

Main Menu

Unified Vidya Games thread

Started by Cain, November 21, 2013, 05:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M-DOG on April 15, 2014, 09:42:47 PM
let it use meatsuit. check yr privilege, corporeals.

Oh, hey.

Another TDS troll.

Ever notice how TDS almost spells "tedious"?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Cain, if you want, I'll split this once the TDS creep finishes his shit.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Pæs

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 15, 2014, 09:44:09 PM
Cain, if you want, I'll split this once the TDS creep finishes his shit.

I am tempted to write a forum from scratch for principiadiscoursia.com which turns every post into almost-readable word salad so it can serve as a home for people who have no desire to communicate useful information to one another.

M-DOG

at the risk of digging myself deeper (because you'll think I'm playing dumb to further troll), what the fuck are you talking about? I voted. and made what I thought was a funny joke.

are y'all frequently trolled by people using this pattern?

Pæs

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: M-DOG on April 15, 2014, 10:02:22 PM
at the risk of digging myself deeper (because you'll think I'm playing dumb to further troll), what the fuck are you talking about? I voted. and made what I thought was a funny joke.

are y'all frequently trolled by people using this pattern?

Recently.

TGRR,
Withholding judgement on account of the privilege joke was funny.

Cain

This one seems OK for now.

Also, vote counted.  I wont be doing a final tally until next Monday due to my hilarious work schedule, however (essay today, work tomorrow night, Friday off, work Saturday night, get back on a normal sleep schedule Sunday).

LMNO

[vote]
Let the furry beast hitch a ride.  It should be more interesting, and we'll probably end up killing it anyway.

Cain

I should probably explain the options a bit more, as I did kinda simplify it.

1) outright possession.  We let Kitty take over Amalia.
2) Refuse to negotiate
3) Lie to the father that Amalia is dead
4) Force the father to help us fight Kitty
5) Promise to set Kitty free but she cannot have Amalia, keep to that deal
6) Promise to set Kitty free while telling her she cannot have Amalia, let Kitty bribe us to take Amalia
7) Betray Kitty by promising to help, then killing her

The way I see it, most people are voting for 1), but some of you may prefer 5) or 6) or feel that maybe double-crossing a desire demon is a fun game.  Just letting people tailor their choices more effectively.

LMNO

M-DOG

Pæs

This has inspired me to repurchase Dragon Age for PS3, seeing as I was trading in AC: Black Flag anyway. Store had both Origin and 2, and I've played the hell out of Origin so picked up a copy of DA2, because I bought it when it first came out, hated all of the companion options and only got to the second act.

Pæs

Oh, except now that I'm home, I see they've put the disc for origins inside. So there's that decision made until after Easter.

:lulz:

Cain

I'm pretty sure the companions in DA2 are actively designed to piss you off.  I can really only stand Varric, Carver and Isabella...and even Carver's a whiny prick for a whole Act. 

Which is probably why Varric's the only returning, recruitable character for DA:I.

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Cain on April 17, 2014, 05:00:31 AM
I'm pretty sure the companions in DA2 are actively designed to piss you off.  I can really only stand Varric, Carver and Isabella...and even Carver's a whiny prick for a whole Act. 

Which is probably why Varric's the only returning, recruitable character for DA:I.

Oh god, yes. I thought the companions in Origins could get whiny, but 2 is like a non-stop cry/bitch-fest. Varric they did really well with, I liked him and am glad he'll be back for Inquisition. Isabella was pretty good too. In the few plays I've done, Carver is usually dead before we make it Kirkwall, so have only dealt with him briefly, though he's still not overly pleasant to be around. Everyone else is pretty grating. Considering a lot of the troubles in that game revolve around/involve Anders, I find him somewhat bearable except for, you know, all the crying. All this talk about whiny characters did inspire me to start another play-through though.

And in case it hasn't been tallied yet or needs to be more specific since you broke it down further above, I'm keeping my vote for this stage in DA:O for outright possession.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.