News:

Testimonial: "This board is everything that's fucking wrong with the internet"

Main Menu

Unified Vidya Games thread

Started by Cain, November 21, 2013, 05:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

QuoteI did check for DLC requirements, and disabled the parts that do.

I'd put money on one of them requiring them but not stating it.

Good luck figuring out which one, I'd guess one with minimal info/documentation but I Cain's already covered the best fix.

You may want to try a couple of different weight fix mods, trying to recall the one that worked well with hunterborn.

Just passing level 12 of the setup i'm coming to think of as "living hell". No significant accomplishments to report beyond crossing the map. Twice. For a pittance. Not occuring again in the near future. Based out of Markarth currently raiding Forsworn camps because fuck the Forsworn. I've had to go back to heavy armour/2h sword to survive. Which is incidentally the style I ended up using for Goldenglow. They weren't impressed with my subtle approach. We're still cool though.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

Also, Liking the look of OBIS, I'll holding off on implementing that for a few levels yet, it'd be nightmare going anywhere. It's already grim enough.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 23, 2014, 08:30:56 PM
QuoteI did check for DLC requirements, and disabled the parts that do.

I'd put money on one of them requiring them but not stating it.

Good luck figuring out which one, I'd guess one with minimal info/documentation but I Cain's already covered the best fix.

You may want to try a couple of different weight fix mods, trying to recall the one that worked well with hunterborn.

Just passing level 12 of the setup i'm coming to think of as "living hell". No significant accomplishments to report beyond crossing the map. Twice. For a pittance. Not occuring again in the near future. Based out of Markarth currently raiding Forsworn camps because fuck the Forsworn. I've had to go back to heavy armour/2h sword to survive. Which is incidentally the style I ended up using for Goldenglow. They weren't impressed with my subtle approach. We're still cool though.
Heh, I'm NOT using your setup. Too depressing :P

I'll try Cain's fixes.
So far the CtDs only happened twice, on melee kills. One Elk, and one Bandit.
Now I know it is not Hunterborn because that only deals with animals.

It is neither weather or one of the other minor aesthetic changes so it is either RealisticNeedsandDiseases (unlikely) or one of the ACE mods regarding combat.
Unless one of the mods has a serious flaw and influences something it shouldn't.
DLC related requirements could be an option if the slain creature spawns loot that isn't. (in existence)

This modding thing is a lot more entertaining than i expected!
Thanks guys, for putting me onto this trail.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Cain

Skyrim mods interact strangely at the best of times.  I know a modder who was working on something to do with Fort Dawnguard, and his edits ended up affecting things in Whiterun and Falkreath.  How? 

It also may not be mod related.  Are you using the alpha build 1.7 for SKSE?  If not, you may need to investigate how to allocate more V-RAM to Skyrim, as the update for Skyrim 1.9 basically borked how memory is allocated towards the game.  If it exceeds a certain limit....you crash to desktop.  1.7 has this functionality built in, so it's not a problem.

BOSS and LOOT are programs which, when run, will tell you what order to put your mods in, what dependencies those mods have (and if they are present or not) and whether those mods have "dirty edits" which require cleaning.  TES5Edit is a program which allows you to clean the mods.  Neither BOSS or LOOT is perfect, but they are frequently very helpful.

Also, I echo your feelings about Hunterborn.  It is a great mod.  It's even better when combined with RND and Frostfall, and either played with the SkyRe overhaul (which has a new perk tree - Wayfarer - which deals with survivalism and is awesome) or with Requiem, as the mod author recommends.

The only problem with Hunterborn is that it's not entirely compatible with some other major hunting overhaul mods.  Notably, it has problems with SkyTEST when it comes to looting...as I recall, it's not a CTD level problem, but more to do with the kind of loot you get.  That info is contained in the compatability information though (the author is very good at that), so it's easy enough to find.  The other problem is that it can be, at times, rather script intensive, which can slow down your system.  This is a notable issue when it is combined with Frostfall.

Hmmm, now I think about it...does ACE Archery, Melee and Realistic Fighting play nice with Hunterborn?  Probably not, I've not seen anything about a compatability patch or anything.  Even if you're not using Scrimshaw arrows and weapons, they may not be recognised by the ACE system, and so could be fouling things up.  Just a possibility, but one to keep in mind.  If that is the case, I suggest perhaps using SkyRe as a combat overhaul - it's just as valid, and probably a little more coherent overall, and you know for sure that it has SkyRe compatability.

Cain

Also, seriously Junk, try Requiem.  I know I've said this before, but it will make your hardcore playthrough even more hardcore.  For extra fun, install Requiem - Hard Times, the Dragonborn Patch and use Alternate Start to start the game in Raven's Rock.

You.  Will.  Die.

Seriously though, Requiem plus even a few mods can be extremely deadly.  I would go with Frostfall/RND/Hunterborn, for your survivalism needs.  Then I would install Hard Times.  Then YouHunger.  Then Dragon Combat Overhaul and Revenge of the Enemies.  Add patches and whatnot.  Add whatever fancy balanced weapon and armour mods you like (Immersive Armors and Weapons have patches to ensure they work with the game, and look pretty sweet besides).  Add pretty textures, if you like.  Install Enhanced Lights and FX.  Install Climates of Tamriel and select the darknest night option.  Install Alternate Life.

Select "left for dead".

Try to survive.  You wont, unless you get really lucky, but have fun in the meantime.

Junkenstein

I've been waiting until I've made it through bleak falls barrow before attempting jacking this up further.

I do want to try the left for dead mod, though I'm fully expecting a couple of tries before I start as the victim of idiots rather than professionals. Even then I'm sure it'll be dicey.

Probably going to throw a no health regen mod into that one. Just seems fitting. Though with this current setup death on the way to the nearest point of civilisation is reasonably likely.

Cain

Requiem has no health regen. 

Well, in the case of Alternate Start's "left for dead"* option, what happens is that you are literally left for dead.  You wake up somewhere in the wilderness, in miner's gear, with no supplies, no gold, no weapons.

With hypothermia and realistic needs mods, this is frequently deadly.  With Requiem it is doubly so, as it's an unlevelled world, where running and jumping have actual stamina costs, enemies are frequently much higher level than you and everything costs thousands of septims to buy.  Oh, and no fast travel.

You will learn to despise frostbite spiders.  A single hit from their venom can bring your health down by 40 points or more...in addition to blurring your vision, effectively making fighting impossible and your death a certainty.  Bleak Falls Barrow is no longer a starter quest, but a major undertaking...draugr are resistant to most weapons, impervious to arrows (except silver) and can Shout.  Oh, and there are lots of them.  BFB is suggested as a level 10 quest, which, in vanilla Skyrim terms, is like a level 30 quest.  And dragons...now dragons really are the end of the world, capable of engaging multiple soliders without breaking a sweat. 

Archery is much less powerful, except against unarmoured targets.  Light armor now emphasizes the "light" part...meaning you'll die in 2-3 hits while wearing it, instead of just one without it.  Heavy armor emphasizes the "heavy"...meaning lighter opponents will be able to dance away from you and launch hit-and-run attacks, or else employ deadly magics from range.  Each attack costs stamina, and if you get exhausted, you get disarmed and killed.  Stealth is also nerfed, so expect less spectacular sneak attacks...especially against targets without vital organs.  Stamina also affects spellcasting, as does armor.  No more running around summoning daedra in your fancy ebony armor (not without a LOT of perks, anyway).

Oh, and vampire bosses are typically level 80, and decked out in ebony armor AND fire resistance enchantments.  They're blood-sucking fiends, not morons.

As such, Dawnbreaker is now about the best single sword in the game.  But good luck trying to get to it...

Requiem is actually my favourite game overhaul.  I did like SkyRe quite a bit, but it's basically a perk and combat overhaul.  Requiem is much, much more, though the combat itself is harsh and unforgiving.  It's meant to be a roleplaying overhaul and does quite well at that task, given the limitations of the Skyrim engine.  It's much closer to Baldur's Gate and Morrowind than Oblivion, lets put it that way.

*there are other options.  Starting with a guild isn't a terrible start, especially with Requiem's improved RPG atmosphere.

Cain

Here's some in-game experiences with Requiem:

QuoteMy personal best Requiem moment was fairly early on in my quest as well. I decided to roll a Redguard swordmaster, arriving per ship at Solitude (using Alternate Start). Stupid idea, since the north is a lot colder than the south and I have Frostfall installed. After barely clinging on to dear life in the wilderness surrounding Solitude, doing quests, crafting my own tent and stuff, I run into some bandits near a wrecked ship. I sprint, zig-zag, towards the archer - cleave his bow and wreck his face before he can draw a melee. Thank god the heavy is stuck behind a rock, because the guy with the greatsword is now swinging at my neck. I take a glancing hit (thank you, Blocking I) and impale him.

I start circling the guy stuck behind the rock. Tried an arrow, but heavy armor doesn't give a shit. Dude's got a shield and an Orcish dagger, too. He gets loose afer blocking my first blow, and a mad battle of circling, blocking, shield bashing and hacking starts. Near the end, we're both within one good blow from death and I'm all out of potions and stamina.

I swing, he blocks, he swings, I block - I get disarmed. I don't even realize it because I'm already trying to swing again. Punched the sucker right in his face. He goes down on one knee while I'm still staring at the raised fists, wondering where my weapon went. I see it lying on the floor, think: "Oh yeah. You can get disarmed. Neat, I guess." Pick it up, shove it through his neck.

Felt like a right baller.

QuoteSo my sneaky Bosmer archer explored Shroud Hearth Barrow today and engaged Requiem's walking dead for the first time (she's been to Bleak Falls but gave up on it for the time being after narrowly surviving the giant spider), thinking herself well-equipped at level 16 with 120 silver arrows in her quiver, a silver katana and her friend Gorr watching her back. It was really, really scary, with ELFX making everything so dark that I needed a torch in many places while at the same time often hesitating to light one for fear of being spotted, Sounds of Skyrim creeping me out with its weird draugr cries in the most (in)appropriate moments, and knowing that I was dead if they ever got close to me (managed to kill a few weak ones in melee though by blocking and bashing with a torch). In one narrow place with one of those accursed swingdoor traps I died about ten times, either to the trap or the draugr behind it, until I found out how to draw them into the trap without getting smashed myself. Got past a deathlord archer (not named thus in Requiem, but you still know them by the horns) by peeping around the door, shooting an arrow at him to get his attention and letting him trigger a blade trap, enjoyed listening to him getting cut into slices. The final fight in that big chamber with the many tombs went well enough until Gorr went down and the endboss came for me. I had run out of stamina potions by then, so in my despair I gulped a bottle of skooma and, suddenly feeling invincible, cut him to pieces; it was well worth the side effects (which TBH weren't as terrible as I'd expected, but I suppose the stamina regen penalty could be devastating under the wrong circumstances; anyway, I adore what you've done with skooma!. Scariest and most satisfying dungeon crawl in a long time.

QuoteI'm not too sure how 'exciting' this is, but I am curious to how other players dealt with this...

So the character I am playing right now is a Dark Elf spellsword named Vedas Fadrale. His primary skills are Light Armor, One-Handed, Enchant, Destruction and a bit into Archery.

After hitting level 18 I decided I want to try some of the Dawnguard content, so I spoke to Isren for the first time. This time however, after learning how dangerous vampires are in Pinemoon Cave (a small vampire lair near Solitude, to the west, I think) I decided to make some new armor... I used an Elven Gilded Cuirass I picked off of a Thalmor agent and gave it a Rigidity II enchantment, which buffed my health and claimed to make me 'immune to most magic draining effects'.

This was probably the most prudent decision I made (outside of enchanting an elven longsword with fire, I suppose), because I was basically able to torch all of the vampires in Dimhollow Crypt rather easily, while they helplessly tried to drain my life. Mind you, their attacks were still very dangerous (and I died a few times, especially to the mage vampires) but was able to clear the cave pretty easily. That is, of course, I got to Lokil.

This is where the 'epic' goes downhill, as I quickly realized engaging him in a fair fight was out of the question. His powerful lightning bolt spell and frost cloak was almost an instant kill for me, but luckily I found a way of beating him. By closing the gate to the room you start in, I was able to dual-cast fire rune outside of the barred windows and slowly widdle down his health... When he got around 20% of his health bar I decided to leave (since he automatically follows you to the next room) and finish him off with Lydia, in a semi-fair fight. Hilariously, he still almost killed me (I think I only had like 20 hp left after the ordeal) but we beat him down. Now Lydia has a full suit of Ebony Armor and I have a near full suit of Glass Armor from his vampire cohort. (which disappointingly only has a 10 point AC lead on Elven Gilded gear, I think it needs a bit of a buff)

So how did you guys beat Lokil? I think he's supposed to be like level 100, has a full suit of enchanted ebony armor and lots of mean spells. If anyone's beaten him legitly (without a cheesy strategy, I mean) I'd like to hear the story.

QuoteI needed some quicksilver ore and moonstone to create soulgems, so I decided to take Lydia with me. Now I'm not really a great fan of followers, in fact I hate them, but the last time I took one with me is at least a year ago, so I have forgotten why. This was a simple ore retrieving mission however, so what could possibly go wrong?

I left Whiterun and headed north to Silent Moons Camp and soon realized I was missing something: Lydia's footsteps. I looked around but she was nowhere to be found. Thinking that perhaps she missed the gate somehow, I decided to go back. At that moment I saw her in the distance running towards me. She had taken the long road passed Pelagia's Farm instead of just climbing the stairs, jump over a 30cm brick wall and heading north. Apparently, heavy armor and brick walls don't go well together, or she decided to have some exercise. All those days in Breezehome doing nothing did grow a couple of pounds after all.

Reunited, we collected the moonstone and went east to the quicksilver vanes. It was there we met our first challenge, a sabre cat. We saw each at the same moment, but the cat couldn't decide whether to go for Lydia, fat like an elk in summer, but armored like a mudcrab, or me, a skinny wizard, but easy on the teeth. That gave me time to put a Fire Rune on the ground before me and poke the cat in the face with Fiery Arrow. The cat took the bolt surprisingly hard and started running towards me. I readied a Frightening Orb and released it the moment the sabre cat run through the rune. I saw a bright orange flash and heard "Unghh". The cat run away and I thought by myself, I have never heard cats making that sound before. Then I saw Lydia, on the ground, at the very precise spot of my Fire Rune, dead.

I used my powers to travel back in time and tried a new approach. No more Fire Runes anymore, but simple fire bolts and and then scaring it away. I unleashed my first bolts, prepared a Frightening Orb, aimed and ... missed! The moment I released the orb I was pushed in the back by Lydia, which shove me a meter forwards, just enough to miss the cat. The cat didn't miss me however and had a good meal. Lucky for me I already had cast a contingency spell that put me back in time...

Third attempt. This time I positioned Lydia a couple of meters away from me and beside me. Lured the cat again, prepared an Frightening Orb, released it and ... hit Lydia, who managed with great skill and accuracy to jump in the trajectory of the orb at the precise moment I released it. Lucky for me, she also hindered the cat long enough to give me time to hit the cat with a second orb. While Lydia took cover behind a rock, I started pelting the sabre cat with more Fiery Arrows. I already begun to enjoy the exercise, temporarily without a follower, when Lydia shook off her fears and, feeling she had to compensate for her previous ... mishaps, she drew her sword and started chasing the cat.

Now, if you ever had the joy of seeing a sabre cat running, and then start imagining a Nord the size of a big fat (Breezehome) wild boar, clad in heavy armor, you can very accurately estimate the chance Lydia had catching the cat this way. She did however make enough noise to aggro three wolves and a troll, and irritated a giant in the process by just running through his camp.

After a long and tedious fight involving bolts and orbs to save Lydia's life, we collected the quicksilver ore and went home. On the way back, passing Whitewatch Tower, a small group of bandits were attacking the guards. By the time we were able to help, all bandits except one, were already taken care for. The last one had climbed the stairs to the tower, cowering in fear. I released a fire bolt, to put an end to his misery. Again, Lydia performed a miracle by wrangling her belly between me and the banisters (while still in heavy armor), and catch the bolt before it could reach the bandit. What a speed, what an agility! When asking her how she was able to perform such a great act, she simply replied "I'm sworn to carry your burns".

QuoteSince my last post i'm now level 20, but most of that has been non-combat grinding. I have many unused perks due to level restrictions in the areas I wish to strengthen and my character is still fairly weak. Anyway, i'm still hanging around the Whiterun area, with the occasional visit to Riften to work on my pickpocketing etc. I'm given the 'Valtheim Towers' quest and correct me if i'm wrong, but in Vanilla (I haven't played it for a while) it's just a case of taking out 3 or 4 bandits and job done. Although i'm weak, I think my character can take it and I head off.

This is where it kicks off. I approach Valtheim Towers and suddenly, the combat music kicks in and I receive a message telling me that my objective is complete and the Bandit Leader has been killed, despite me not even drawing a weapon. Obviously, this caused a bit of a 'wtf' moment, but I wasn't going to turn back and collect my reward just yet, I came here to slay bandits and i'll be damned if I was going to anything but that. I continue my approach... and get more than I bargained for.

I can see on the bridge that there are two NPC's in combat. I couldn't work out what they were but assumed they were both bandits. I had the OBIS mod installed (amongst others) and assumed it was at work? I hadn't noticed it up until this point, and had the spawn mutliplier set to 4 ignorantly assuming it wasn't working. I have so many unfamiliar mods installed I don't really know what's what just yet.

Anyway, I proceed into the lower tower by sneaking. There are three unarmed bandits there awaiting me. I manage to put arrows in two, step back a little and take the final one with my sword. Is this it? Easy. Lets get to the top tower and see what goodies are on offer. I proceed, and take out the surviving bandit on the bridge with another arrow. Again, easy.

I proceed towards the upper tower, and then it happens. I can hear all sorts of NPC's grunting, swords, battling, even a little FPS drop (F5, F5, F5!). Up the stairs I go... carnage! Bodies everywhere, about 4 or 5 bandits alive, unarmored, light armored, heavy armored. I die, obviously.

Load game, lets try and work out what's going on. I go up, I die. After many, many tries, I conclude that as soon as I go up those steps and take a look, they are on me. I need a new plan. This time, I go up the steps, don't even take the time to look, I just turn back and sprint. As I get back to the bridge, I stop, look behind me, did they follow? Of course they did. A group of bandits run after me. I manage to shoot an unarmored one with an arrow, but the rest - no good. More death... but a plan was forming. Eventually my tactic develops into 'take the unarmored with arrow, then run again!' Due to my level I at least had an abundunce of stamina, despite the lack of perks.

I sprint out of the tower. Stamina all but gone but i've built up enough of gap to get a safe quicksave in. Three more bandits come running out after me. The closest is unarmored... happy days. One arrow takes him down. The second, light armored, and I have time to hit him with an another arrow then finish him with my sword. Then... death at the hands of the heavy armored guy. It was a problem I need to solve due to my poor quicksave timing, but after trying with the same tactic for quite a while, I managed to get the first two killed in time to just about to avoid the swing of the final enemy sword. I switch to my mace and a battle commences, in which I win by the skin of my teeth. "That was the last bandit, it must be!" I heal up, save my game and off to get my goodies I go!

I walk into the lower tower, up the stairs, onto the bridge. Combat music hits... and so does an arrow. "FFS!" Load game. I go back up, a little more expectant this time. "Lets try and find out what's going on before I get hit, shall we?" Then I see it on the bridge. Another bandit, glowing to shit and back, armored with God knows what, firing arrows at me. Apparently, it's a Bandit reaver (upon more research it turns out it's from Dragonborn, but as I never played it during Vanilla, this was my first encounter). Am I fucked? Of course I am. I die... a lot more. On that bridge, the arrows were going to hit me everytime, I had nowhere to go and wasn't even going to get close.

10000th attempt. I try sprinting across the bridge. If I can get to him before he gets a shot at me, I can take him out, easy. "It works!", I thought. I make it to him without a single arrow in me. He pulls out a knife, I pull out a mace. "Haha, the guys as good as dead", I think. I barely scratch him... he in turn knifes me to death... Never the less, i'm having fun, so i'll keep trying.

Try upon try, I then somehow sprint towards him and pass him. I'm then making my way upto the top tower, completely unaware of where he is at this point. Either way, my natural reaction... quicksave. SINGLE HANDEDLY THE WORST QUICKSAVE I HAVE EVER MADE. He's on me like a sack of shit, every load... I'm fucked. My last proper save was back in Whiterun, I have wasted the last hour or so. A few tries later, and frustration that I may have lost my efforts I run as soon as my game loads... off the tower I go, onto the cliffside, into the river. I'm free!!! He's up there... i'm down here. I swim to the other side to safety. There is no chance in hell he can disobey Skyrim's rules and copy what I did to follow me. To get to me he must travel through the entire tower.

That's it, I'm done here. Back to Whiterun I must go to collect my reward, and i'll never be going to Valtheim Towers ever again. On my way back, it comes... my lifeline... my one chance to defeat him while i'm still here. As I make my way back, I see a travelling merchant accompanied by heavy armored brutes. Any other time my thoughts would be 'can I take them on, steal their gear?' Not this time, my thoughts right now were 'please be travelling past Valtheim Towers'. I walk with them, slowly. Painfully slow in fact, but I stick with it. There's a junction on the right, if they pass that, then they must be heading towards Valtheim Towers? Sure enough, they pass it. This is the moment.

As we approach, I quicksave then go on ahead. The difficulty was going to be getting him to follow me (he didn't follow last time after all). I get onto the bridge, combat music hits, arrows are fired, but I run back down the stairs unharmed, back to my new merchant friend. The bodyguards are armed ready. The plan was working, and what I loved most about it was that it worked first time!

Sure enough, he runs out of the tower, the bodyguards run towards him and my decision now was to either get involved or to let them battle it out. Hell to that, this guy has given me grief for the last hour or so, I want to kill him! I run up behind as he is in combat and hit him a few times with my mace. He goes down as if I were fighting an elk. I've done it... I've beaten him!

The merchant and his men are on their way. I decide i'll let them live (as if I would have beaten them anyway). Now I can finally enter the top tower and see what's going on. Up there, I find the reason for all the commotion, and the reason my FPS dropped. Whiterun guards and bandit bodies surround tower floor... what the hell happened? How did it happen? Either way, it's not my concern, my job was done and I had plenty of good loot to get that is probably way above my level, but I felt I deserved it for the way I dealt with the whole 'battle'. What should have been a simple quest took a near 2 hours of my time in all, and I loved every bit of it. Only Requiem (and whatever other mods that were having an affect) caused this. It was great.

Oh, and the great irony of it all? There was a bandit note at the top of the tower that stated that all merchants that pass by should be killed and looted... As soon as I read it I saved and quit, as I thought the story must be posted here.

Junkenstein

I've not even read the above yet but I'm sold. Next big chunk of gaming time I'll actually sort out my mess of mods lists and should have something horrific.

Cain

Azirok's patches should give you a good idea of what works with Requiem.  Not a whole lot, to be honest...but because it's such a huge game overhaul, not a lot needs to.

Also the Requiem reddit (check the topics on the sidebar) and Nexus page have a lot of useful resources.  The STEP project can give you useful hints on how to install it best, and what to install with it.  Guide 1 and Guide 2.

I'm also working on reworking my Requiem modlist, so I'll let you know what I've done.

Cain

If you want to break your final game in finishing it up, I strongly suggest Draugrnok, by the author of Hunterborn.  It brings the zombie apocalypse to Skyrim, by unleashing the Draugr from their tombs to accost the living.

It starts slowly, the occasional attack at the city gates and on isolated settlements.  But then, the numbers grow...and grow, and grow, until legions of Draugr Deathlords are assaulting major cities like Whiterun.  If you're playing with an overhaul that makes undead more difficult (RotE, SkyRe to an extent, definitely Requiem), then this is basically a world-ending event.

You will have to flee to the wilds to survive...where you will probably get killed by a cave bear.

Cain

OK, here's a good Requiem modlist:

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
GeneralDisplays.esm
GeneralDisplays - DG.esm
GeneralDisplays - DB.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
ELFX - Dragonborn.esp
SkyUI.esp
Requiem.esp
ELFX - Exteriors.esp
ELFX - Dawnguard.esp
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
Requiem - Immersive Armors.esp
Requiem - Resources.esp
Requiem - Immersive Armors Battlemage Gear.esp
Requiem - Dragonborn.esp
Requiem - Blessings Ignore Crime.esp
3DNPC.esp
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
DawnguardHelmetReplacer-V1.1.esp
Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp
CollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.esp
SleepTight.esp
Requiem - Talos Ignores CW Side.esp
Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp
Requiem - CCOR Patch - Hearthfires.esp
Requiem - USKP Patch.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
TradeBarter.esp
ELFXEnhancer.esp
Dr_Bandolier.esp
ADS.esp
Chesko_Frostfall.esp
Hunterborn.esp
RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp
Requiem - Immersive Weapons.esp
RequiemSurvivalExperience.esp
3DNPC - Requiem Patch.esp
Hunterborn_Dawnguard-Patch.esp
RND_USKP-Patch.esp
Hunterborn_Frostfall-Patch.esp
Hunterborn_Requiem-Patch.esp
Hunterborn_RND-Patch.esp
RND_Dawnguard-Patch.esp
RND_Dragonborn-Patch.esp
Requiem - WAF+Clothing and Clutter Fixes Patch.esp
Requiem - Guard Dialogue Overhaul Patch.esp
CCO_WAFTrueWeapons_Patch.esp
ethereal_elven_overhaul.esp
winterhold_improvements.esp
EnhancedMageExpForRequiem.esp
REQMOD.esp
Requiem - Heavy Shield Fix v1.7.3.esp
EnhancedMageExpForRequiem-Alchemy.esp
Requiem - Potions Weight.esp
EnhancedMageExpForRequiem-SkillBasedPerks.esp
Requiem - Mysticism Patch.esp
EnhancedMageExpForRequiem-MageArmorVFX.esp
EnhancedMageExpForRequiem-Enchanting.esp
CWIWCIPatch.esp
Distant DetailHF.esp
BFT Ships and Carriages.esp
CWIELnFXPatch.esp
Inconsequential NPCs.esp
Cloaks.esp
CWIDawnDragonPatch.esp
Requiem - Inconsequential NPCs.esp
UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp
Long lost smelters by Hyralux.esp
Immersive Patrols II.esp
Requiem - HearthFires.esp
Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
Vetrheim.esp
Apocalypse - Requiem Compatibility Patch.esp
Requiem - Trade and Barter.esp
Requiem - Immersive Patrols II.esp
RND_HearthFires-Patch.esp
RND_AnimalLoot.esp
DragonCombatOverhaulDragonborn.esp
DragonCombatOverhaulDragonborn - Requiem Patch.esp
The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp
CombatDramaOverhaul.esp
Requiem - Ethereal Elven Overhaul.esp
CWINPCImprovements.esp
Requiem - Immersive Armors - Addon.esp
1nivWICCloaks.esp
Inconsequential NPCs - Enhancement.esp
1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp
NetchLeather.esp
UFO - Dragonborn AddOn.esp
iHUD.esp
Warburg's 3D Paper World Map - Texture 2.esp
Warburg's 3D Paper World Map - Dragonborn.esp
warburg's 3d paper world map - dawnguard.esp

The only one from there that is entirely unnecessary is Vetrheim along with General Displays.  Because I intend to play a Dunmer nightblade, I included Vetrheim as a themed home for my character.  That said, I do like Elianora's work, so I recommend looking through her posted mods and seeing if there is anything you find suitable. 

Raz Tech

This thread has convinced me that I needed to go out and buy Skyrim for the PC, so fun times are ahead.

Cain

It is.  The modding community are pretty awesome.

In other news, I just made Giants and Mammoths storm Whiterun.  Turns out they really don't like people shooting at them...and that the Open Cities mod is a bad idea when you forget to close the gates behind you.

Junkenstein

Tried the "Giant trees" from the nexus highlights.

Awesome. Nice landscape change that makes finding anything considerably more interesting.

Unfortunately someone mentioned Planescape:Torment so I'm obligated to replay that before doing anything else now.